PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New Football term coined "Belichickisms"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I smell Polian.

Stupid article by someone not bothering to know the rules he was complaining about. He says:

When players such as Tom Brady can be listed as probable (defined as 75% chance to play) with a shoulder injury for three straight years, it calls into question the integrity -- or at least teh consistency -- of the reports.

Probable has not been defined at 75% for a long time to avoid confusion. Is a player probable if 76% likely to play? 77%? 80% likely to play? 90%? 99%?

It was to avoid questions like that that probable became injured but likely to play.

The NFL may likely change things, but they already fixed what this guy lists as the main issue.

He also says the following change is in the works:

Under the new rules, teams must include in the daily injury reports on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Friday whether a player missed practice, took part in only a portion of practice or fully participated in practice.

Has this guy been living under a rock?

Crap like this is why I stay away from patriotsinsider.

Actually, probable never meant "75% chance." Probable always meant "virtual certainty to play" and was defined in the NFL rulebook as such.

Last edited:
Actually, probable never meant "75% chance." Probable always meant "virtual certainty to play" and was defined in the NFL rulebook as such.

It is what it is...

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=121&p=2&c=642979

I wonder now how he will obfuscate the information? ;)

"Injured? I don't know. Is he better than he was, is he worse than he was, I'll let you guys talk about that. He can do some things, some things that can, when he can do them those are things that can help out the team. There are some things he can't do and anytime, you know, when you can't do those things, that's less things you can do, and you look at that."

This really changes nothing. If reporters want to talk to assistant coaches along with BB what do you think the assistants will say? Pretty much the same things as BB is my guess.

Also has NE actually violated any part of the injury report? I do not see any changes taken place that will stop them from doing what they already do. Finally, why does the reportor assume EVERYONE wants a complete assessment of the team injuries. I am just fine with how teams report there injuries and I think the only people that get upset are fantasy footballers.

In the end this is a no story

This really changes nothing. If reporters want to talk to assistant coaches along with BB what do you think the assistants will say? Pretty much the same things as BB is my guess.

Also has NE actually violated any part of the injury report? I do not see any changes taken place that will stop them from doing what they already do. Finally, why does the reportor assume EVERYONE wants a complete assessment of the team injuries. I am just fine with how teams report there injuries and I think the only people that get upset are fantasy footballers.

In the end this is a no story

I wonder if during an assistant coach press conference they will notice that the assistants don't talk while BB is drinking water......

It's positively Belichickean.

R

Dear Patriotsinsider,

The explanation why Tom Brady can be listed every week on the injury report is clear.

The league requires every player who misses practice to be listed on the injury report. But it seems to be the Patriots' policy to hold Tom Brady out of at least one practice session a week. Presumably, this is to spare his throwing arm. So listing him on the injury report as "Probable, shoulder" is obeying the letter of the rule. If that makes a mockery of the League's injury reporting policy, it isn't the Patriots' fault.

If you are really a Patriots "insider" then, to be honest, I would have expected you to figure this out.

Best,

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes