Sep 27th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Time to Go Over Some of the New Board Features:

1) Quick New Thread:
There's now a much faster way to post, with the new version of the software now including a window at the top of the forum to quickly post a new thread:
1598896121365.png

As soon as you click into the text window, it expands automatically with essentially the same functionality you would have posting normally:

1598896172056.png

This should make it a little quicker for people to add new threads, especially on mobile.

2) Pinning/Bookmarking Your Own Posts - From time to time we get cool threads that pop up on here that users as the mods to sticky, etc. While we enjoy doing so, the tough part is, the top of the board can become crowded and eventually, those posts actually end up getting lost and don't get the attention they deserve.

As a result, there are a couple of cool features now available, with one being built-in, the other being something I added separately.

BOOKMARKING POSTS:
That icon is found in the upper right hand corner, just to the left of the post number here:

1598892799964.png

After you've bookmarked it, you can view it by clicking on your name in the top right and then clicking "Bookmarks" on the pop up window:
1598893135333.png

PINNING POSTS:

You can also pin up to six posts, which will appear on your sidebar after you've added one for the first time. That selection box is located at the bottom of each post on the lower right hand side, just to the right of the "Reply" button:

1598893369445.png

After you selected it, it will show it's been "Pinned" and will appear on your sidebar on the next page refresh:

1598895398971.png
To remove a pinned item, just hit the "Unpin" button. Remember, you can only pin up to 6. After that, the checkboxes will disappear and prevent you from being able to pin any additional threads until you remove one.

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
VIEW WHO POSTED IN A THREAD:

Another new feature, which has been requested previously, was popular in the previous version of our software but wasn't included in the current version. As a result, I went ahead and put this together prior to the changeover and here's a quick rundown:

If you were having a conversation with a particular user and want to separate out their posts to be able to find them faster, that feature is now available. All you need to do is find the number of replies for the thread, which is now a clickable link:

1598895784564.png

After you click on it, a slide-out window will open with the list of users and their number of posts:
1598895862812.png
Click on the number next to the person's name and it will bring up snippets of all of their posts in the thread, along with a link you can click on to view that post:

1598895913735.png

Attachments

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
A few additional notes:

1) The icons on the upper right hand side of the navbar (but ONLY when you're on the forum page itself) are now dynamic and will allow you to check your private messages/alerts from your fingertips. This was a little annoying as it didn't do this in the previous version but I coded this out to be able to do so here and corrected it.

1) The Discussion Bar is temporarily removed as I ran into some issues with that, but it will be available again shortly.

2) Same with the search function, which will also be re-implemented over the next day or so.

3) I've condensed the reactions as the icons are larger and a little easier to deal with on mobile. I know a few people had mentioned that we didn't need that many and I've selected the most popular ones, which we'll be using moving forward.

luuked

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
@Ian - it is maybe a long shot request but is there any way to turn the "see ignored content" link at the bottom of the board into a checkbox in the Filters dropdown menu ? Extra points for it saving its checked state so its consistent between devices.

Don't want to sound unappreciative with requests/ideas so soon after you did this big deploy. Please just consider it feedback of things sticking out at first glance.

Reactions: Ian

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
@Ian - it is maybe a long shot request but is there any way to turn the "see ignored content" link at the bottom of the board into a checkbox in the Filters dropdown menu ? Extra points for it saving its checked state so its consistent between devices.

Don't want to sound unappreciative with requests/ideas so soon after you did this big deploy. Please just consider it feedback of things sticking out at first glance.
There's an enhanced ignore feature I haven't installed yet - waiting for the reactions to finish importing and I'm planning on testing/installing that later this evening. But I think it should cover some of the things you asked about.

Chevy

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
@Ian - wow - nice work. The site is faster, love the look. Maybe one update - the main background is a bit intrusive. Maybe editing it to be a bit muted/faded would allow content to stand out a bit more.

• Thanks!
Reactions: Ian

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
@Ian - wow - nice work. The site is faster, love the look. Maybe one update - the main background is a bit intrusive. Maybe editing it to be a bit muted/faded would allow content to stand out a bit more.
Thank you. A few people have mentioned that, so I'm going to see what I can come up with :cool:

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Crowd source it ... Post the full image here and let us help you!
LOL, I appreciate that. I'm at work so I don't have access to it here but I'll dig into it when I get home :D