New England Patriots News 11-12, AFC East Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score

Steve Balestrieri

With Marcus Cannon out for tonight’s game with an injury, his starting slot at right tackle will fall to LaAdrian Waddle and he knows all eyes will be on him

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

Steve Balestrieri

With Marcus Cannon out for tonight’s game with an injury, his starting slot at right tackle will fall to LaAdrian Waddle and he knows all eyes will be on him

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

The league saw a chance to increase profits by sticking these Thursday games into the season so now they rule on Sundays, Mondays, and Thursdays. The revenue pours in and the owners reap the benefits. The players, like Sherman, have to pay the bill.

This is a situation that the Players Association has to dig their heels in about when the next CBA comes about. They can’t take no for an answer. TNF must go.

Every sane individual has known this for years. Gotohell is an incoherent shortsighted moron who is running the league into the ground while he pulls down deca-millions every year. Truly incomprehensible. The texazzs owner had it right: inmates are running the asylum.

I mean if they at least worked thru the scheduling morass to say teams will only play TNF in weeks 5 thru 14/15 when they can have a bye week beforehand therefore with an 11 day layoff-followed by a 10-day layoff; then ok you could let it go a little. Best would still be to do away with the crap games at a time I don't really want to watch, but only used to due to addiction*.

*Hint 4 rogah and the "32": since Suspend-gate, I am no longer addicted. Fix your ommisioner problem, MAYBE I come back.

But saying THE PLAYERs/ NFLPA has to fix it [in next cba negotiation] just means they will have to give something up. And to me either what they would give up or be distracted from fixing is the desperate NEED to GUT ARTICLE 46!

Instead I think:
1 legislators or maybe a Govt workplace Safety agency should be engaged to threaten on this issue to fix it.

2. Owners should fire Gotohell immediately, even if meant kensil ended up as interim ommish.

3. nflpa should demand Art 46 be turned into true OUTSIDE ARBITRATOR in the next CBA.

I'd expect the networks to fight against the end of TNF. In spite of the downturn in ratings, NFL games are still, by a huge margin, the highest-rated weekly programming for CBS, NBC, FOX and ABC. The want more of it.

The whole thing about converting two pre-season games into "real" games and adding a second BYE to make the regular season 20 weeks long, AND expanding the playoffs was their idea.

Also, dropping TNF will hurt the owners' investment in the NFL Network. Getting rid of it may be pretty difficult.

I find it a little disingenuous to blame Thursday for this injury. He was playing on an injury all year and it finally gives out must have been the short week instead of a month+ of wear and tear.

Also no need to get rid of Thursday just schedule it better so teams only play Thursday following a bye week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes