PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: VIDEO: Do Your Life – Inside John Hannah’s Life At His Alabama Cattle Farm

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
VIDEO: Do Your Life – Inside John Hannah’s Life At His Alabama Cattle Farm
Robert Alvarez
Find out where Pro Football Hall of Famer John Hannah is today since his time with the Patriots in the latest episode of "Do Your Life"

The post VIDEO: Do Your Life – Inside John Hannah’s Life At His Alabama Cattle Farm appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)
Great video, but I'm surprised that Hannah is a cattle farmer and not a hog farmer.

"In 1978, Hannah led an offensive line that set an NFL record with 3,165 rushing yards, a record that stands to this day."

The Ravens now hold the record with 3,296 (set in 2019).

Hannah played "mean" , when TC used to be held at Bryant College used to go there every year to watch. The way it was set up was the players would leave the dorms and go through a roped off path to the practice field. You could line up along that path as the players went by, never realized what a big man was until Hannah passed by his thighs were bigger than my waste.. what a powerful man. I believe he was a prodigy of "Bear' Bryant..

Believe he was involved in some sort of financial business in Boston for a while, but really glad he is doing what he wants to do on his farm.

With all that weight, even though he is active, worry about his health.

Last edited:
Hannah played "mean" , when TC used to be held at Bryant College used to go there every year to watch. The way it was set up was the players would leave the dorms and go through a roped off path to the practice field. You could line up along that path as the players went by, never realized what a big man was until Hannah passed by his thighs were bigger than my waste.. what a powerful man. I believe he was a prodigy of "Bear' Bryant..

Believe he was involved in some sort of financial business in Boston for a while, but really glad he is doing what he wants to do on his farm.

How many times have we seen Hog blow up a lineman, then charge downfield to take out a backer or db? The guy was quick and agile, and had a speed burst that was impressive for his size. But even with that attacking mentality he was still disciplined when it came to pass blocking.

Hannah had a very successful career working in the Financial Services field in the 80's. He and I actually met up very briefly on 2 occasions. One was when he was selling Municipal Bond funds and addressed us when I worked for Dean Witter. I reminded him when I got a chance to speak to him after the pitch that I was the one he beat out back in 1980 for the HC of Somerville HS. IIRC he was there for 2 years and his "style" didn't take. When I found out who else was going for the job, I realized that I had no chance. Christ he was John Freakin' Hannah, the greatest OLman in NFL history, and for the longest time the ONLY Patriot in the HOF.. And I was NONE of those things and a lot less. But I always believed that, for a lot of reasons, I would have been the better choice.

Randy White, Cowboys DT, going head to head with John Hannah was epic.

Hannah had a very successful career working in the Financial Services field in the 80's. He and I actually met up very briefly on 2 occasions. One was when he was selling Municipal Bond funds and addressed us when I worked for Dean Witter. I reminded him when I got a chance to speak to him after the pitch that I was the one he beat out back in 1980 for the HC of Somerville HS. IIRC he was there for 2 years and his "style" didn't take. When I found out who else was going for the job, I realized that I had no chance. Christ he was John Freakin' Hannah, the greatest OLman in NFL history, and for the longest time the ONLY Patriot in the HOF.. And I was NONE of those things and a lot less. But I always believed that, for a lot of reasons, I would have been the better choice.
People always make the simple equation of "great player = great coach." But it usually isn't true. Someone once said that the sport comes too easily to the truly gifted. They never have to think about what it takes to succeed. The average player, or bench warmer, is more likely mulling over the game and what he has to do to play better. It serves him well if he takes on the role of coach.

Need to remember Hannah's Coach in College was Bear Bryant so that role model probably would not have worked all that wall for a Mass. Football team...

Good to see he is doing so well and happy. Also seemed pretty healthy which was a plus plus.

Only got to see him the last few years of his career. Everyone and everybody says without a doubt one of the most dominating ever. Imagine a clone with todays nutrition, medicine, surgeries and fitness training?

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back