PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Patriots Wide Receivers Analysis, Morse’s Morsels

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
One would think that a dude of Parker's size would be able to make a living outside the hash marks, where his only competition for the ball half the time would be usually-smaller CBs... I would be very surprised if he's given Slot reps ahead of a healthy & rested Bourne, especially when we have no experienced Outside help after Agholor & Meyers (who himself has plenty of inside-the-hashes experience too)...

Speaking of Meyers, I just don't see how he can be let go without at least an equal or better WR coming here in return somehow... He's their 2nd-most reliable after Bourne, and Parker all by himself won't compensate for his lost catches or even yards... Mac needs him.

I also don't see much if any help this season from BoneyT... Dude needs to open up his own Whataburger franchise, and then become it's favorite customer...

Yep the two most interesting WRs in TC will be Nixon & Wilkerson, who should've had a 3rd TD catch vs Jax, but that's why he's a bubble guy... One of them could force Bill to re-think his position on keeping 6 WR-onlys...

Humphrey has little chance of making the 53, but a strong showing might earn him a PS invite should he clear waivers (as he almost certainly would)...

Bill has no choice but to keep Wynn/Lose for one more year; our backups are either unproven, injured, or trash... I wasn't aware, however, that he's now missed all of the voluntary OTAs for two years now... Not a good look for the future ex-Patriot...

One would think that a dude of Parker's size would be able to make a living outside the hash marks, where his only competition for the ball half the time would be usually-smaller CBs... I would be very surprised if he's given Slot reps ahead of a healthy & rested Bourne, especially when we have no experienced Outside help after Agholor & Meyers (who himself has plenty of inside-the-hashes experience too)...
Agree Cappy. Parker played 74 snaps out of the slot and 465 outside last season. He's an X/Z not a slot. Meyers was our #1 slot receiver last year.
Speaking of Meyers, I just don't see how he can be let go without at least an equal or better WR coming here in return somehow... He's their 2nd-most reliable after Bourne, and Parker all by himself won't compensate for his lost catches or even yards... Mac needs him.
Agree. Need to keep Meyers until at least preseason to see how these other receivers develop. I'd keep him anyway. He's reliable.
I also don't see much if any help this season from BoneyT... Dude needs to open up his own Whataburger franchise, and then become it's favorite customer...
Like Mark says, he'll be red shirted.
Yep the two most interesting WRs in TC will be Nixon & Wilkerson, who should've had a 3rd TD catch vs Jax, but that's why he's a bubble guy... One of them could force Bill to re-think his position on keeping 6 WR-onlys...
Let's see how Nixon does with pads and contact but he did look great at mini camp.
Humphrey has little chance of making the 53, but a strong showing might earn him a PS invite should he clear waivers (as he almost certainly would)...
Agree.
Bill has no choice but to keep Wynn/Lose for one more year; our backups are either unproven, injured, or trash... I wasn't aware, however, that he's now missed all of the voluntary OTAs for two years now... Not a good look for the future ex-Patriot...
Agree.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back