PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Patriots Look back and Look Forward - Offense

Status
Not open for further replies.
As good a player as White has been here for us, CMC is on a way different level; I'm not sure if it's fair to expect a 1-for-1 transference of production only because the QB's the same...Another reason why retaining Burkhead is more important than some are giving it credit for being...
I half agree. CMC is not on another level as purely a receiving back; it’s just that he simply has many more opportunities than White does because CMC IS the CAR offense. White is legitimately one of the top 3-5 receiving backs in the league. Now, as a complete RB, it’s not even close..

Wynn started the season and had a really good game against Pittsburgh. Started out good in Miami until getting injured early.

Defenses are only scared of the QB when they have the skill players to back them up. Drew Brees wouldn't scare anybody if he didn't have Michael Thomas. In fact, most QB's won't scare you if you know they don't have anybody to throw to.

I dunno... the Ravens last year didn't have much for receivers and they did all right. I also think the Pats running game is being really underrated. I remember what they did at the end of 2018- even almost rushed for 300 yards in one game. I'd like to think last year was an aberration since they clearly were not healthy. I think Bill has figured out that the league is not that well prepared to stop an offense like that. With the running ability of Cam and to a lesser extent even Stidham - who knows?

We're all used to Brady's offense but I think what we'll see in 2020 will be a lot different than that.

I half agree. CMC is not on another level as purely a receiving back; it’s just that he simply has many more opportunities than White does because CMC IS the CAR offense. White is legitimately one of the top 3-5 receiving backs in the league. Now, as a complete RB, it’s not even close..
Yeah as far as route-running, sure hands etc are concerned they are indeed similar, though I still give the edge to CMC because of his superior YAC potential due to his combination of youth and explosiveness...Perhaps there might be data available, for which I am too lazy to search, that might disprove my ass-umptions...

P.S.: While doing a quick search here:
2019 NFL Receiving Statistics | The Football Database,

I also noticed that CMC is shown having more YAC than total Receiving Yards...Is that even mathematically possible??

Last edited:
James White could put up a mini Roger Craig system while Damien Harris breaks out too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back