PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making? Zolak Says That’s Not the Case

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making? Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
Ian Logue
Throughout the transition from former Patriots coach Bill Belichick to new head coach Jerod Mayo, Robert Kraft had made one thing clear. Ownership was not going to be involved in final football decisions, as “you can’t hold them responsible and have them accountable.”

The post Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making? Zolak Says That’s Not the Case appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

Interesting - but not in a good way.

One other troubling factor is that while Kraft said recently, “I think Eliot [Wolf] has good training, good pedigree, and we actually have a good group of young people,” the plan still seems to be to interview potential GM options after the draft.
The fact the club hasn’t committed to Wolf and Highsmith, and if they were to experience any interference from ownership, it could affect their futures. If they come away with a solid haul this weekend and if ownership isn’t careful, the idea that the duo could move on if another team pursues them following this draft should be a concern.
Wolf was asked last week about the potential that he’s “on a trial” with the team, but he dismissed it and said, “I haven’t thought about it that way,” adding, “I’ve just kind of put my head down and tried to do things that I feel like are the best for the Patriots.”
One notable part of this is looking back at each of Wolf’s press conferences, he’s referenced “the Patriots” and not really “us” or “we.” Read into that what you want, but it feels a little strange and unsettling.
Considering how things have gone in the past, seeing him move on would be both disappointing yet not necessarily surprising. Both Wolf and Highsmith have been solid everywhere they’ve been, and not being firmly behind them could mean losing them to someone else. That would certainly hamper a team that absolutely needs smart minds in its front office.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making? Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
Ian Logue
Throughout the transition from former Patriots coach Bill Belichick to new head coach Jerod Mayo, Robert Kraft had made one thing clear. Ownership was not going to be involved in final football decisions, as “you can’t hold them responsible and have them accountable.”

The post Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making? Zolak Says That’s Not the Case appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)
It would be consistent, as much as the haters want to think they are Jerry Jones 2.0

Interesting - but not in a good way.

One other troubling factor is that while Kraft said recently, “I think Eliot [Wolf] has good training, good pedigree, and we actually have a good group of young people,” the plan still seems to be to interview potential GM options after the draft.
The fact the club hasn’t committed to Wolf and Highsmith, and if they were to experience any interference from ownership, it could affect their futures. If they come away with a solid haul this weekend and if ownership isn’t careful, the idea that the duo could move on if another team pursues them following this draft should be a concern.
Wolf was asked last week about the potential that he’s “on a trial” with the team, but he dismissed it and said, “I haven’t thought about it that way,” adding, “I’ve just kind of put my head down and tried to do things that I feel like are the best for the Patriots.”
One notable part of this is looking back at each of Wolf’s press conferences, he’s referenced “the Patriots” and not really “us” or “we.” Read into that what you want, but it feels a little strange and unsettling.
Considering how things have gone in the past, seeing him move on would be both disappointing yet not necessarily surprising. Both Wolf and Highsmith have been solid everywhere they’ve been, and not being firmly behind them could mean losing them to someone else. That would certainly hamper a team that absolutely needs smart minds in its front office.
Rooney rule mandates that they interview minority candidates. So they have to at least go through the motions.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back