PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Patriots Draft Pick OL Andrew Stueber Believes He Can Be an NFL Tackle

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Patriots Draft Pick OL Andrew Stueber Believes He Can Be an NFL Tackle
Ian Logue
The Patriots opted to use their 7th round pick on another offensive lineman to finish out the day, using pick #245 to take Michigan offensive lineman, Andrew Stueber to finish off this year's draft.

The post Patriots Draft Pick OL Andrew Stueber Believes He Can Be an NFL Tackle appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

Thanks Ian for your write ups on Hines and Stueber. Offensive linemen who start multiple years for big football programs like Michigan and LSU are the safest bet in any draft. I expect both to make the 53 man roster and would not be surprised if one or both are starters as soon as 2023.

I can not ever remember seeing a guy as big as Steuber with as little power as steuber.

His whole strategy is to basically stand in front of people and try to not get pushed over by them.

Nice write up Ian, Stueber needs to refine his technique especially at the POI. I think he let's people get into his body too quickly. He would lose most battles right there: that said you can't teach this measurables. Looking forward to seeing him at TC.

Last edited:
Stueber did mention Winno and Uche in his baptism on the Scout team in Michigan. Sad to see how Winno showed flashes then trailed off. Would like to see a little more consistency from Uche going forward. Stueber definitely practiced with NFL players we'll be watching his development.

To me it looks like Stueber has too much body fat @ 6'7" 325. I think he would have a better chance of playing OT and move better laterally if he burned off 20 lbs of fat and put on 20 lbs of muscle. If he has to redshirt a year to do it...ok.

I can not ever remember seeing a guy as big as Steuber with as little power as steuber.

His whole strategy is to basically stand in front of people and try to not get pushed over by them.

Yep, 18 reps @ 225 during his pro day... ****ing pathetic.

Didn't even bother attempting to improve his HORRIBLE explosion & agility #s from the combine either.

And did I mention that he never ran a 40 AT ALL?

Dude's a ****ing backup-practice squad-UDFA-caliber Right Tackle Only... Never should've been drafted, even at 245.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back