PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Patriots and Packers Agree to Suspend Game After Bolden Injury

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Patriots and Packers Agree to Suspend Game After Bolden Injury
Ian Logue
In what's typically one of the more intense games during the preseason, the New England Patriots meeting out in Green Bay Saturday night took a scary turn as one of their own went down with a scary injury.

The post Patriots and Packers Agree to Suspend Game After Bolden Injury appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

I get canceling a preseason game in the 4th quarter. I just hope this precedent doesn’t carry over to the regular season when the games matter. The league already had an important game get canceled last year that had an impact on the playoff seeding. It’s a dangerous game, these men know what they’re getting into. It’s never going to be “safe” unless it’s completely neutered. What exactly is going the be the threshold for a game-canceling injury going forward? I’m not trying to be a jerk here, just concerned for the sport’s future.

I was 1000% on board with cancelling the Bills/Bengal game last year but I expect there to be a limit. If the guy is breathing etc in the regular season then I would expect the game to continue.

I get canceling a preseason game in the 4th quarter. I just hope this precedent doesn’t carry over to the regular season when the games matter. The league already had an important game get canceled last year that had an impact on the playoff seeding. It’s a dangerous game, these men know what they’re getting into. It’s never going to be “safe” unless it’s completely neutered. What exactly is going the be the threshold for a game-canceling injury going forward? I’m not trying to be a jerk here, just concerned for the sport’s future.

You're not a jerk, at all. This is very dangerous precedent the league is setting; the Real integrity of the game has already been compromised by its actions last year, Exactly as I predicted.

It was in the 4th and preseason - I mean if someone makes a great play, most [fans] seem to call it meaningless, anyway, because they're playing against people who'll be trying to sell you stuff at Modell's a few weeks later. Don't worry people - your beloved NFL isn't turning into the Puppy bowl or Victoia's Secret bowl (unless it already is for you - not that there's anything wrong with that).

You're not a jerk, at all. This is very dangerous precedent the league is setting; the Real integrity of the game has already been compromised by its actions last year, Exactly as I predicted.
The Hamlin thing in Buffalo set a terrible, moronic and wrong precedent. Bad things happen in sports and in life, you let the medics do their job, you wish and pray for the best but you don't stop the game, or life.

As I pointed out before, the first thing Damar said when he regained consciousness was, "Who won the game?"

And it's a miserable example to set for young people.

I won't bother to list the 1,000 similar incidents in sports in my lifetime when the victim's life was in real and more jeopardy and everyone not related to him and not on the medical team got on with the game and their lives.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back