PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Patriots 2021 Training Camp Primer – Wide Receivers

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Patriots 2021 Training Camp Primer – Wide Receivers
Steve Balestrieri
The Patriots didn’t “settle” for Nelson Agholor and Kendrick Bourne after the dust had settled in free agency. They targeted both of them

The post Patriots 2021 Training Camp Primer – Wide Receivers appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

"...The team spent some good money on a couple of receivers that many people wouldn’t have picked at the start of free agency. But one thing to remember is this. The Patriots didn’t “settle” for Nelson Agholor and Kendrick Bourne after the dust had settled in free agency. They targeted both of them at the outset of free agency and paid good money to each..."

Way, WAY too much good money.

"...Part of the issue has been health, it seems every time he looks like he’s catching on and has a good day on the practice field, he gets hobbled and misses time. But part of that has to do with the way he’s used and the Patriots, famous for putting players in a position to succeed by playing to their strengths, haven’t done that with Harry.
He’s a big, contested-catch kind of guy, and I expect that in the preseason, they are going to lean on him big time to showcase his ability to do just that, and then give him his way and trade him off before the regular season."

Agreed...Neither Kneal nor Bill/Skippy/Mickey have done right by each other.

Isaiah Zuber sucks...I really hope that at least one of Smith/Hall/Wilkerson makes him superfluous.

Last edited:
Does N’Keal Harry know or even care all eyes will be him him if he’s lucky enough to trot out on the field when camp starts?

We have our 4 WR's. The open question is whether a 5th makes the 53.

I expect us to carry a couple on the Practice Squad.

I think that a new signing is more likely than Zuber to make the 53. My expectation is that Harry will make the team, unless he is traded. And, if he were to be traded, we will sign or trade for another 5th WR.

It may take all of camp and preseason to see what is the real need is at WR (if any), given our current group of WR's and TE's. I think that 5th is likely, if only in case of injury. After all, a 5th WR will probably be inactive.

We have our 4 WR's. The open question is whether a 5th makes the 53.

I expect us to carry a couple on the Practice Squad.

I think that a new signing is more likely than Zuber to make the 53. My expectation is that Harry will make the team, unless he is traded. And, if he were to be traded, we will sign or trade for another 5th WR.

It may take all of camp and preseason to see what is the real need is at WR (if any), given our current group of WR's and TE's. I think that 5th is likely, if only in case of injury. After all, a 5th WR will probably be inactive.
I think the wildcard is how does Zuber play and does he show the upside to keep him in case of an injury to one of the top guys.

............where do we send our money ?..... :D
Speaking of which......
Is Booster Seat Bob generously offering free parking again like last season (when no fans were allowed)?

On to the topic....
Given the vast number of TEs currently on the roster and fully expecting a more TE-centric offense this season, it's possible BB will overweight TE at the expense of WR

Speaking of which......
Is Booster Seat Bob generously offering free parking again like last season (when no fans were allowed)?

On to the topic....
Given the vast number of TEs currently on the roster and fully expecting a more TE-centric offense this season, it's possible BB will overweight TE at the expense of WR
Yip I think that the runes have been cast and we will be throwing to the TE's a lot so an exciting toy like Adams may only be a dream. Regardless of that I am very much looking forward to watching the offence take shape.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back