PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Patriots 2021 Draft Profile, TE Pat Freiermuth, Penn State

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Patriots 2021 Draft Profile, TE Pat Freiermuth, Penn State
Steve Balestrieri
Freiermuth possesses a very high football I.Q., the ability to threaten the seams of the defense and be an integral part of any offense.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

I played HS basketball vs this father, John. He dropped 46 on us one game.

So..we pick his son with the 46th pick??? :rofl: Jk
Actually it was 44 points. He played for Oyster River HS in Durham, NH. They won the Class I State Championship that year. I think he went on to play D2 at Saint Anslems. He was so good.

his stock is rising - seeing him projected bottom of the first round now......

Yeah he'll be the 2nd TE off the board after Pitts, but I don't believe that's the direction in which Bill will go with his first or even 2nd pick; not after drafting the two of the them as high as he did last year...Our 3rd TE MUST be an established & still-productive vet from outside the building...

Yeah he'll be the 2nd TE off the board after Pitts, but I don't believe that's the direction in which Bill will go with his first or even 2nd pick; not after drafting the two of the them as high as he did last year...Our 3rd TE MUST be an established & still-productive vet from outside the building...
I would like a vet TE as well, the TE Position is supposedly hard to learn here so a rookie might would not contribute right away and we need some production there. I also would like to see a vet bc he May can teach asiasi and keene some things.

I would like a vet TE as well, the TE Position is supposedly hard to learn here so a rookie might would not contribute right away and we need some production there. I also would like to see a vet bc he May can teach asiasi and keene some things.

Freiermuth, unlike some of the others, would be expected to block, so he might learn the position easier/quicker as a very traditional TE.

Freiermuth, unlike some of the others, would be expected to block, so he might learn the position easier/quicker as a very traditional TE.
That could be Yeah, but I would like to see a vet there and see if asiasi and keene can develop into contributors. I don't think another rookie is the best shot there if it's Not Pitts. But if they see him as the real Deal and have little hope for asiasi and keene than I would like it.

I like Freiermuth a lot. He's not the wrecking ball Gronk was (who is), but in a lot of ways he's as close to Gronk as a prospect can get. Tough, hard working, great hands, powerful with ball in hand, decent athlete, smart, good route runner.

He's not the freakish athlete that Pitts is, and his blocking is a weak spot but due to his physicality and willingness to work I can only assume there's potential for big improvement there with the right coaching. I would be super happy if we took him in the second...

Mac Jones at 15. Freiermuth at 46. They would change the face of our offense in 2-3 years. I still have hope Asiasi will be a decent # 2 TE. If we added a vet WR, this team could be fun to watch.
I agree, this would be spectacular. I’d like to add TWO (or more) EXPLOSIVE FA WR’s, and draft some more explosive offensive weapons too. This team needs speed, speed, speed. QB & WR are the biggest weakness of this team. Freiermuth may require a trade up in the 2nd, but hell, we traded up in the 2nd for Gronk, why not trade up for Baby Gronk.

As far as Asiasi & Keene, jury is out, hopefully they make the 2nd year jump and become important parts of this offense. There were better TEs available in the slots they were chosen in, and several TEs drafted after them, each one of them singularly out performed Asiasi+Keene combined. Talking about Adam Trautman and Harrison Bryant. Hell, even Albert Okwuebunam was way better then Asiasi+Keene combined.

Freiermuth is more like Trautman & Bryant. Okwuebunam is more like Pitts as an overall beast athlete.

If bb drafts a tight end in this draft, is he admitting that the two fire hydrant’s he took last year are wasted picks?

the thing that stands out to me is Keene finally catches a pass and he promptly fumbles.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back