PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Patriots 2021 Draft Profile, DL Christian Barmore, Alabama

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Patriots 2021 Draft Profile, DL Christian Barmore, Alabama
Steve Balestrieri
As the 2021 NFL Draft draws closer we’ll profile some of the players that may be on the Patriots’ radar or that we feel would be a great fi

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

Everything depends on the free-agency period, but if Lawrence Guy or a reasonable facsimile thereof (or two) isn't signed before the draft, then I can absolutely see Bill taking this kid if he's still on the board at #15...We would still need a NT from somewhere, of course, at least until he has a couple of off-seasons to grow a bit...

I would absolutely be thrilled if bb took this kid in the first round.

he has a ton of upside and a high floor.

he started the year really slow as he was recovering from a knee injury. By the end of the year, he was a beast!

he is not replacement for guy as much as a replacement for butler, who I think gets a big payday elsewhere.

I am all about and in support for our 1st rounder on Front 7 Defense. We were terrible against the run last year on 3rd down and goal line and it needs to be fixed ASAP.

I fully went into this clip hoping Barmore would impress me. I would defer to bgc or others who watch more college ball than me, but this clip below honestly underwhelmed me. Maybe he's a good pass rushing DT but I don't like how often he's pushed back on the DLine here. Doesn't seem super stout against the run to me...

I like Barmore a lot but have a few concerns about taking him this high.

At times he attacks creases and space like a menace. Pretty decent understanding of how/where to attack his man but limited moves/plan. He's not breaking out counter moves or going to plan B. It's high motor/effort, good hand usage for the most part and some variation of Club/Swim to finish.

You can move him around a bit. He's not a lumbering type. Scheme diverse. Very much still learning the position.

One thing often forgotten about when watching film is paying attention to an IDL feet. I watch every prospect, every position from an upper and lower pov. Especially QB's but I do it for everyone, has have.

Barmore's footwork is messy at times. Feet and lower half aren't in the best position to anchor or move laterally at times. Mis-steps of the line, feet tangled up trying to work down the line. His hands and motor often cancel those flaws out but he wont get so lucky next level I believe.

You could tell Saban was bringing him along slowly and really only making use of him on passing downs. He's still a pup but a tough one that can handle his own. He has a lot of potential but definitely needs some work to be an impact guy at 15. He's just not a complete prospect right now but obviously has a good two years of development before .It's all projection with him even though his flashes are special.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back