NEW ARTICLE: New England Patriots 2020 Training Camp Primer — Tight Ends

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
New England Patriots 2020 Training Camp Primer — Tight Ends

Steve Balestrieri

<p ="text-align: center;<i>Added Pressure Put on Rookies</i></p> The Patriots are supposed to be

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

No Feckin Way that either Izzo or especially LaCosst deserve to be wearing the uniform to begin the season.

If Bill wants to keep 3 TEs, then he needs to sign somebody from outside the building...Charles Clay would be a logical choice here and a Massive improvement over either of the above two, especially LaGlasse who Just Plain Feckin Sucks...I fear however that Clay could also sign before too long with either the Chargers, because of his familiarity with QB Tyrod Taylor from their Barfalo days, or with the Titties because of Ryan Tannyhill from their Doofins daze...

Last edited:
Historically Cam has been good to his TE’s. Would nice to see if he could get those two new guys involved early.

I'm very excited about Keane and Asiasi. I think they are going to be really good weapons we can use to open up things for other receivers, as well as red zone mismatches for LBs. Both are known as good blockers as well. I'm fine with Lacosse as TE3, he brings good size, and he has talent, just was ignored like the rest of the TE position last year.

David Morgan is a great option if healthy for a third blocking TE and he's still sitting out there in free agency.

No Feckin Way that either Izzo or especially LaCosst deserve to be wearing the uniform to begin the season.

If Bill wants to keep 3 TEs, then he needs to sign somebody from outside the building...Charles Clay would be a logical choice here and a Massive improvement over either of the above two, especially LaGlasse who Just Plain Feckin Sucks...I fear however that Clay could also sign before too long with either the Chargers, because of his familiarity with QB Tyrod Taylor from their Barfalo days, or with the Titties because of Ryan Tannyhill from their Doofins daze...
22120A88-98A5-4B2E-9676-1927D9FFCCA3.jpeg
This Charles Clay? Too old to be a factor in the passing game. Can't block. Has no experience in the Pats system and would have no time to learn it. What's not to love?

David Morgan is a great option if healthy for a third blocking TE and he's still sitting out there in free agency.
Yep...Luke Stocker's another strictly-blocking TE still available as well, though I think I would prefer Morgan because of his youth...

Bears released Ben Braunecker, wouldn't mind the Pat's kicking the tires on him.

How about the kid from BC Jake Burt? Supposed to be athletic and a great blocker. I know the Pats do not use rookies a lot but if he is only a blocker he might fit. David Morgan has only 2 years experience and failed his physical, so maybe an UDFA can compete?

Last edited:
Lacosse played the entire season with a bad high ankle sprain, so whatever we saw from him wasn't his true nature. That doesn't mean he's a roster lock, or that we should be looking to upgrade the position in FA or in a trade. but he shouldn't be damned for playing hurt all year.

I don't damn him for who he is...he just isn't that much of a threat anywhere in the playbook imo and hisw spot on the roister should be filled with a younger healthier bigger upside kid mo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back