PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: MORSE: Patriots Draft Analysis and Notes

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Thanks for the perspective. I'm gonna have to disagree with a few points but who knows who is correct in the end.
Barmore worth the risk for what he could possibly turn out to be. Saying Perkins is redundant may be true, but our pass rush SUCKED last year. Any help is welcomed. Think Stevenson fits what the team wants a bruising back that will block and play special teams. Give McGrone a year to get healthy and I think he will be a productive player for us.

What calibre of player do you expect to get at a tryout camp days after the draft?

Last edited:
What caliber of player do you expect to get at a tryout camp days after the draft?
Emmy Awards No GIF by Emmys

I'll add one more point to the Undrafted Free Agent issue. Last year the NFL gave the teams a choice, sign 90 players and have split-squad practices, or sign 80 and have a complete team practice. That meant the Patriots released a bunch of guys they just paid a bonus to sign as UDFAs and hardly got to see them practice!

I think their streak of 17 years of having a UDFA on their opening day roster is in jeopardy.

Nice job I appreciate honesty.

They just couldn't pass on Mac falling in there lap. Too good to be true imo. I had a 2nd on him.

Barmore seems like a "value groupings" pick. Weak class, good value & a trade up. I had a 2nd on him & I'm guessing NEP had a 1st but others higher.

Perkins is a more pissed off Wino. Where Wino is speed & Perkins is more power. Agreed somewhat curious case, I touched on him in my thread. Bill obviously wants to pressure TF out of the QB. Had a 2nd on him, pretty good value.

Stevenson is a classic Bill guy imo. I had a 4th on him thought the value lined up.

McGone, too good to pass up imo. I had a 3rd on him, I'm guessing we had him around there but the injury pushed him down a bit further. If he hits we have a starter on dirt cheap money.

Had a 4th on Sherman. I'm guessing they had him a round or two higher. I think he's tackle but we'll see where we play him.

Pink stripes has to be a "type" of prospect, no? Like I'm guessing we have colors for certain indications and pink stripes might be a highly thought thought prospect or the opposite?

Nice job I appreciate honesty.

They just couldn't pass on Mac falling in there lap. Too good to be true imo. I had a 2nd on him.

Barmore seems like a "value groupings" pick. Weak class, good value & a trade up. I had a 2nd on him & I'm guessing NEP had a 1st but others higher.

Perkins is a more pissed off Wino. Where Wino is speed & Perkins is more power. Agreed somewhat curious case, I touched on him in my thread. Bill obviously wants to pressure TF out of the QB. Had a 2nd on him, pretty good value.
and Perkins looks like a good edge setting run stopper either to me on the few plays i watched..
Stevenson is a classic Bill guy imo. I had a 4th on him thought the value lined up.

McGone, too good to pass up imo. I had a 3rd on him, I'm guessing we had him around there but the injury pushed him down a bit further. If he hits we have a starter on dirt cheap money.

Had a 4th on Sherman. I'm guessing they had him a round or two higher. I think he's tackle but we'll see where we play him.

Pink stripes has to be a "type" of prospect, no? Like I'm guessing we have colors for certain indications and pink stripes might be a highly thought thought prospect or the opposite?

and Perkins looks like a good edge setting run stopper either to me on the few plays i watched..
I think he'll definitely need to put in some work there. He got swallowed up and washed in close quarters. Potential but uphill battle setting a consistent edge imo. He's a weird projection but I really like him.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Analysis and Notes
Mark Morse
Here's a post a re-cap of the 2021 Patriots Draft Weekend list of players, and who I like and dislike.

The post MORSE: Patriots Draft Analysis and Notes appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

I am in complete, 100% agreement here, especially about the Barmore pick...If he had just stayed at #46, Bill still could've had his choice of the best remaining WR, Terrence Marshall; the best remaining OT, Sam Cosmi; the best remaining C/G, Creed Humphrey; the best remaining DE, Boogie Basham; the best remaining CB, Asante $amuel Jr; the best remaining LB, Jeremiah Owusu Koramoah; the best remaining DT, Alim McNeill; and who knows, perhaps even Barmore himself...

While I disagree that DE wasn't a big need here, I'm still not sure that I wouldn't have taken a gamble on greatness with Elerson Smith at 96 instead of the undersized yet still Non-twitchy Ronnie Perkins...

Choosing a RB at 120 instead of WR Tylan Wallace is simply Unacceptable.

There were ZERO LBs remaining worthy of 177, yet Little Billy & the New Minions took one anyway, an undersized, out-of-position Michigan defender already with knee issues...

The next two picks are unspeakable, rancid Garbage.

And poor old Ernie Adams; he never heard of Dax Milne...

I am in complete, 100% agreement here, especially about the Barmore pick...If he had just stayed at #46, Bill still could've had his choice of the best remaining WR, Terrence Marshall; the best remaining OT, Sam Cosmi; the best remaining C/G, Creed Humphrey; the best remaining DE, Boogie Basham; the best remaining CB, Asante $amuel Jr; the best remaining LB, Jeremiah Owusu Koramoah; the best remaining DT, Alim McNeill; and who knows, perhaps even Barmore himself...

While I disagree that DE wasn't a big need here, I'm still not sure that I wouldn't have taken a gamble on greatness with Elerson Smith at 96 instead of the undersized yet still Non-twitchy Ronnie Perkins...

Choosing a RB at 120 instead of WR Tylan Wallace is simply Unacceptable.

There were ZERO LBs remaining worthy of 177, yet Little Billy & the New Minions took one anyway, an undersized, out-of-position Michigan defender already with knee issues...

The next two picks are unspeakable, rancid Garbage.

And poor old Ernie Adams; he never heard of Dax Milne...
You lost me with your pejorative little nick names, which reflect your biases. Which NFL team are you GM of?

Wow, a second round grade? I had him as number 2 or 3 overall, i.e. right up there with Trevor Lawrence and Zack Wilson. Of course I am no expert; I watched, like, 5 minutes of highlights. He was amazingly accurate, hitting his guys in stride...but of course his WRs were wide open. Time will tell how good he really is and what his grade should have been.

Wow, a second round grade? I had him as number 2 or 3 overall, i.e. right up there with Trevor Lawrence and Zack Wilson. Of course I am no expert; I watched, like, 5 minutes of highlights. He was amazingly accurate, hitting his guys in stride...but of course his WRs were wide open. Time will tell how good he really is and what his grade should have been.
Yea I only had a 1st on Lawrence and Fields. I really like Davis Mills as wells and think all 6 have what it takes in terms of qualities to make it. They're just at different levels, experience etc Plus I don't "rank" players, consensus naturally creeps in there. I'll grade them using a weird scale.
Mac didn't have much experience, has really master the mental part of the game and a few other concerns that put him in the 2nd round for me. That's still starter territory but just a different type than 1st round. I've had lots of 2nd round grades on guys that went on to be successful but really fitting of that 2nd round grade instead of the 1st. Jimmy, Carr, Tannehill, Dan, Cousins ... I think he's that type.

Plus he's taking over a Lamborghini. This team is close to loaded on both sides. Great coaching. I'm expecting nice results.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back