PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: MORSE: 13 Observations From Patriots’ Loss to Indianapolis

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
MORSE: 13 Observations From Patriots’ Loss to Indianapolis
Mark Morse
It pains me to watch the team play the way they did in Frankfurt. Watching this game, I have never sworn at the TV as much as I did today. These are my observations from today’s game.

The post MORSE: 13 Observations From Patriots’ Loss to Indianapolis appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

I agree with most of this. Where we'll disagree is on the pressures/sacks - statistics lack context.
On at least two of the sacks, and on many of the pressures, Jones was just indecisive. He wasn't pulling the trigger (notice Zappe had no problem with pressure on a drive where they HAD to throw).

On the play before the Ryland miss, Jones stepped up an had a WR breaking wide open over the middle. He didn't throw it. He tucked it and turtled and got sacked.
Conversely, Minshew was running around all day under pressure. He was taking off at first sign of trouble. The DL got no sacks, but they had plenty of disruption. And hey, they gave up 10 points to a good offense that hadn't been under 20 all year. I find it hard to criticize anyone on that side of the coin.

QBs are a big part of sacks. Jones has ZERO confidence right now. He's wholly indecisive. We see it every week. He's done here - and I disagree with Chatham to an extent. You can break a player's confidence. If Jones can get that back, he might have an NFL career - never top shelf with that arm, but as a middling or backup QB. It won't happen here no matter what happens with the coaching staff.

I disagree on 13, that hit by Tavai will get called almost every time. This isn't 2001 and that's the way the NFL wants it called. He will be fined. Both defenseless receiver calls were how the NFL wants it called.

JuJu was an illegal motion from what I remember, he started moving forward at the snap around a yard or more . I wouldn't be surprised if that is a recent in-season point of emphasis after the Dolphins have been pushing that limit this season. Ticky-tack but valid. Either way it's five yards and he just needs to be more aware or get set.

MORSE: 13 Observations From Patriots’ Loss to Indianapolis
Mark Morse
It pains me to watch the team play the way they did in Frankfurt. Watching this game, I have never sworn at the TV as much as I did today. These are my observations from today’s game.

The post MORSE: 13 Observations From Patriots’ Loss to Indianapolis appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

Disagree with point 1... I would've let Corky finish the game, for better or worse. Zappy had the same chance of winning then as John Blutarski's GPA.

Agree with points 2-8, especially 7.

"9) Demario Douglas had a very good game with 6 catches on 9 targets for 84 yards. His big play was a 30-yard catch and run to end the 1st half."

- 30 yards that meant absolutely nothing. Just why the hell didn't Bill allow Corky to throw a Hail Mary?

Agree with point 11; and also agree that Corky's not starting vs the Vagiants, if ever again.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back