PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Daily News Thread NEW ARTICLE: Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes

Daily news threads with relevant news, stories, video, or additional content around the team. Feel free to contribute anything interesting you come across as well, which will hopefully make these helpful for people to keep up with what's going on with the team by having all the news in one place.
I think if the Pats did trade back they'd probably want to hold their bounty and not turn around and spend most of it again just to go back up. If McCarthy fell a few slots, perhaps, but otherwise they'd probably wait.
You realize the point is moot if we draft Bo Nix, right? He’s the forgotten QB.

I also think Klemm was teaching
Um, no. Klemm was a disaster. He pouted more than teach.

Didn’t he quit on the team? That why Thanksdad filled the coaching void.

Um, no. Klemm was a disaster. He pouted more than teach.

Didn’t he quit on the team? That why Thanksdad filled the coaching void.

Stop with your BS.

Klemm wasn't around for a majority of the Season because of whatever issue with Groh. I think it was more like fired but they gave him an out for "Health Concerns"..

Sow and Mafi are good young ascending players so no concerns there. Dave Andrews is one injury away from retirement when is his contract up again? I thought he took Pennies anyway on the last contract.
David Andrews is entering the last year of his contract this season, he’ll be 33 next season if he decides to play. He also has a lot of wear and tear on his body and has played a lot of snaps.

We may see Jake Andrews sooner than later, but either way at least they have a good young prospect behind David watching him prepare and play.

David Andrews is entering the last year of his contract this season, he’ll be 33 next season if he decides to play. He also has a lot of wear and tear on his body and has played a lot of snaps.

We may see Jake Andrews sooner than later, but either way at least they have a good young prospect behind David watching him prepare and play.
Ok thanks for that information. So basically if he makes it though camp Injury free he will be in his final year. He's got super rings, made a nice living he's got nothing left to prove. I'm expecting Jake Andrews to be involved sooner as opposed to later.

Sow, si; Mafi, non.

Don’t you remember Jake Andrews coming in to replace Mafi late in the season at LG?
Yes, you are correct. I know Andrews was drafted as a Center, so I didn't really pay to much attention to him at the Guard spots.

You realize the point is moot if we draft Bo Nix, right? He’s the forgotten QB.
Yeah, I wasn't saying they're all in on McCarthy or something. What I was trying to say was they'd probably hold their picks and wait to see what happens, which probably makes a guy like Nix more likely as he's the guy most likely to be around with those later picks.

FWIW, I like Nix. Not flashy but he will get the job done, especially if they get a real WR1 with those other picks and in AVP's efficient scheme.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back