PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Five Patriots/NFL Things to Know For 4/14: News and Notes

1) Hard to feel empathy toward the long-suffering Billdos fans when they keep dredging up the same old refuted garbage...

Regarding the 7-round mock:

- Hate the pick at #21... LB is NOT what we need there;
- #54 is too early for Metchie, even with the Chemistry with Mac factored-in... Dude's coming off an ACL tear also;
- #85 might indeed be where we would need to take JA-D... Wonder if Zion McCollum was still available here too...
- I like Ezeudu as somebody with both the physical & athletic profile to work Left Guard and Left Tackle depending on how badly Isaiah Wynn/Lose is sucking, but #127 is a little too rich for my blood...Wake Forest's Zach Tom with his Center AND Left Tackle experience might be more in play here;
- HATE HATE HATE the pick at #158;
- #170: see #158;
- NOW you pick a DE... at #200?!? And where's the ****ing Beef Curtain at DT?!?

That mock is a major, Major Fail.

5) Could also be nothing more than Baker Mayfield just isn't very good.

Reactions: Ian
1) Hard to feel empathy toward the long-suffering Billdos fans when they keep dredging up the same old refuted garbage...

Regarding the 7-round mock:

- Hate the pick at #21... LB is NOT what we need there;
- #54 is too early for Metchie, even with the Chemistry with Mac factored-in... Dude's coming off an ACL tear also;
- #85 might indeed be where we would need to take JA-D... Wonder if Zion McCollum was still available here too...
- I like Ezeudu as somebody with both the physical & athletic profile to work Left Guard and Left Tackle depending on how badly Isaiah Wynn/Lose is sucking, but #127 is a little too rich for my blood...Wake Forest's Zach Tom with his Center AND Left Tackle experience might be more in play here;
- HATE HATE HATE the pick at #158;
- #170: see #158;
- NOW you pick a DE... at #200?!? And where's the ****ing Beef Curtain at DT?!?

That mock is a major, Major Fail.

5) Could also be nothing more than Baker Mayfield just isn't very good.
We HAVE to move up to get Davis...somewhere around 15. That move up pushes our #54 to #74ish via trade....that's where we draft Metchie. Then draft a C/G, CB, LB.

We HAVE to move up to get Davis...somewhere around 15. That move up pushes our #54 to #74ish via trade....that's where we draft Metchie. Then draft a C/G, CB, LB.

No trade-ups this year, please... We need Quality AND Quantity.

Rather than move UP to get Davis, if that is even possible, lets move down into the early 30's add another 3rd and 4th round picks and grab Travis Jones and a top CB with our first 2 picks and add OL and WR with our 2 3rd round picks.

The more I think about all the Mocks that are giving us Devon Lloyd at 21, the more i think he is redundant. We are already younger and faster at the LB position with McGrone, Wilson, MacMillan. Uche, Perkins, and Jennings can vie for the other OLB job opposite Judon. Bentley can provide a known quantity who is familiar with the defensive schemes until someone, I hope, beats him out.

Personally I am NOT counting on Malcolm Butler to be our boundary CB. We will need to draft one to be one of the starters.

BTW- With Peppers, Phillips, Dugger, and Bledsoe all available and versatile I'm thinking that we can line up in a lot of amoeba like secondary schemes that will be hard for QB's to decipher.

I think we are one quality big body away next to Barmore from having a solid 3 level D, but we NEED that CB and DT

I think we are one quality big body away next to Barmore from having a solid 3 level D, but we NEED that CB and DT
Yes, a CB, DT and an OG

Reactions: Ian
Yes, a CB, DT and an OG

Unless Bill trades for another Day 2 pick, our need at C/G might have to be addressed later on Day 3; I would rather see our early picks spent on CB, Travis Jones (if he's available at 54 or earlier with a trade-down from 21) & a DE opposite Judon... WR John Metchie is another 3rd-round possibility because of his Alabama success with Mac...But if Cole Strange, or maybe Zachary Tom, is somehow still available at #127...

Unless Bill trades for another Day 2 pick, our need at C/G might have to be addressed later on Day 3; I would rather see our early picks spent on CB, Travis Jones (if he's available at 54 or earlier with a trade-down from 21) & a DE opposite Judon... WR John Metchie is another 3rd-round possibility because of his Alabama success with Mac...But if Cole Strange, or maybe Zachary Tom, is somehow still available at #127...
IIRC, dropping down into the high 30's from 21 SHOULD get us at LEAST at pick the end of the 1st or ealy 2nd PLUS our 54 AND and extra picks in the 3rd and 4th's. Then if there is one of the top 5-6 CB's available we can grab him and hope Jones drops to 54 OR use one of those extra picks to move up an extra few spots to grab him in the late 40's

I'm not in favor of moving up...just saying we miss out on Davis if we don't. Quality and quantity is better.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back