PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Dan Orlovsky Has a “Massive” Issue He Feels Patriots Mac Jones is Faced With in 2022

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Dan Orlovsky Has a “Massive” Issue He Feels Patriots Mac Jones is Faced With in 2022
Ian Logue
Former NFL quarterback Dan Orlovsky is apparently very worried about Mac Jones and the Patriots' offense.

The post Dan Orlovsky Has a “Massive” Issue He Feels Patriots Mac Jones is Faced With in 2022 appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)
We will see what Mac is made out of. Personally I don't think it's that dire but he makes some good points. Though Mac wasn't familiar with Josh or any of the coaches right off the bat last year either

It’s hard not to agree with him. Maybe Bill will prove all the doubters wrong again, but it’s fair to wonder if Bill approaching 70 years old just doesn’t want any fresh voices to deal with and just wants his “yes men” in place, which is in part human nature and may be clouding his judgment on what’s best for Mac. We’ll see.

Could not agree more with Dan. But he also forget to mention the lack of explosive offensive weapons and holes on the Oline to go along with the suspect coaching.

BB is still there in complete charge. That's the most important continuity for Mac.

His take is beyond dumb. He is talking about continuity but then goes on about Judge & Patricia. Yes guys that were in the Pats organization for a decade is terrible continuity. "They're not offensive guys" Neither was McDaniels really when he took over for Weiss but McDaniels had been in the Pats organization for a few years. So he's basically complaining about them not going and getting some offensive guru for Jones to replace McDaniels but he's also turning around and talking about continuity. Patricia and Judge would be continuity of the Pats system. Bringing in some outside guy would most likely be the complete opposite of that.

Such great analysis from the dude that once ran out of the endzone dropping back and was the guy the Dolts handpicked to get them the #1 pick for Luck.

but it’s fair to wonder if Bill approaching 70 years old just doesn’t want any fresh voices to deal with and just wants his “yes men” in place

Well I can tell you didn't read his take at all. He was talking about "continuity" for Jones.

Who calls the plays will be interesting, it could be Judge or Caley. I think BB is going to run the offense much like he has the defense in the past, where he's not the official coordinator but comes up with the game plan and chirps in on his headset as the game unfolds.

The writer makes very valid points I don't think anybody here is buying into Fat Matt as a OC. And Judge was HC on a very Talented Giant's Team that went bat you know what. Good Talent can make bad Coaching look good and Bad coaching can make good talent look bad. I hope Mac is a student of the game because with those two he might be calling his own plays sooner rather than later. I mean look at the alternatives.

Well I can tell you didn't read his take at all. He was talking about "continuity" for Jones.
“These guys have had these offensive-minded guys that have been around the NFL in that kind of role and there’s been a consistency of that.”

This is a direct quote of orlovsky commenting on coaches with offensive EXPERIENCE, not JUST continuity.

Cherry pick comments all you want. Maybe patricia and judge end up good offensive coaches. BB clearly sees something in them and their potential. But it is an indisputable fact that there are experienced offensive coaches like O’Brien who would have afforded Jones more first hand knowledge, and yes, even continuity than those guys.

The writer makes very valid points…
So you agree with the writers point that both Judge and Matt failed as coordinators when the Pats won multiple Super Bowls ?

So orlovsky is basing his judgment on two failed former HCs in Judge and Patricia being in Mac’s ear? That’s exactly what McDaniels was and his second at OC worked out just fine….

Who calls the plays will be interesting, it could be Judge or Caley. I think BB is going to run the offense much like he has the defense in the past, where he's not the official coordinator but comes up with the game plan and chirps in on his headset as the game unfolds.
Good post: McDaniels' raved about Nick Caley funny how he didn't take him with him did BB say Caley is off limits?? Interesting!

This guy is saying what a lot of people around the league are thinking. They're all scratching their heads. It is what it is.

This guy is saying what a lot of people around the league are thinking. They're all scratching their heads. It is what it is.
What people around the league are thinking are incoherent hot-takes? Scratching their heads...Time for another Troy Polamalu ad.

It sounds like Caley is a McDaniels disciple so the O might be in good hands. I can't put Fat Matt and Offense in the same sentence. It might take Judge a while to adjust to his new role on Offense as a planner and play caller.

It’s hard not to agree with him. Maybe Bill will prove all the doubters wrong again, but it’s fair to wonder if Bill approaching 70 years old just doesn’t want any fresh voices to deal with and just wants his “yes men” in place, which is in part human nature and may be clouding his judgment on what’s best for Mac. We’ll see.
Every time I see someone say Bill wants Yes Man I cringe, that's a Felger and Mazz straw man that took on its own life and from what everyone with inside knowledge of the team says it's not close to true.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back