PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Brady Proved on Sunday the Patriots Gave Up On Him Too Soon

Patriots were screwed this year with or without Brady. They could not give him what he wanted in terms of receivers etc. Patriots were in salary cap hell. The Patriots made the decision to move on and take the financial hit in 2020. Record without Brady 7-9 - my guess with Brady this year 10-6 and if they made it to the playoffs, a one and done like last year. Tampa went all in this year and will pay the price in the future. I have no ill will towards Brady but his attitude sucked here last year and everyone needed a change.

Some people (you know who you are!) won't give this up until Brady is hoisting up another Lombardi Trophy. And even then there will be a bunch of rubbish thrown back in your face. You're hearing it with the NFCCG victory.

The refs gave it to Brady with the PI call... it was a blatant yank with both hands on the receivers jersey.
LaFleur choked with his decision to kick the FG... no guarantee GB scores on the 4th down with Rodgers passing up would be walk in touchdowns and generally coming up small in the biggest moments (Again!).
Brady threw 3 picks... only one led to 6 points on a 70-yard GB drive, one was no worse than a punt, and the 3rd amounted to nothing. GB's two turnovers, Brady converted into 14 points.

The Dynasty came to a crashing halt without Brady while he's leading his new team to a Super Bowl title. No sh*t! the Patriots gave up on him too soon. This was very obvious by the end of the regular season at least. He's now added 3 road wins and beaten two hall of farmers in the postseason. Only a fool is still questioning whether or not NE made the right decision.

How? Tom’s the ultimate Patriot who was here for 20 years and it’s his first season on a new team that just made the Super Bowl. Seems pretty normal to talk a little Brady on the Bucs. Not to mention our former all-time great TE is there too.

Say things sour in Green Bay and Aaron Rodgers somehow gets traded here. Do you honestly think Packers fans are just going to forget about their longtime former QB and blacklist discussions about him from their forum? LOL no.
Yea, patsfans were supposed to completely ignore one of the top 5 stories in the NFL this season: TFB going to Bucs. They instantly became relevant.

If you’re going to bet on a 40 year old QB there’s only one 40 year old to bet on and nobody else.

Bill got his reboot. Im fine with that but for his job’s sake we better see a contending team soon.
Right or wrong, at least BB has the stones to make the tough calls. I'm just glad I'm not in his position, don't envy it one bit.

4v9xtu.gif
I swear, right now you probably couldn't go into a topic titled pizza vs hamburgers without it end up being Brady v Belichick in 5 pages.

I think the main point of @Ian article being glossed over is the lack of a backup plan by BB to replace Brady if he decided to leave.

Is it possible that BB actually thought he would never leave? If so, not a good look for Bill.

Is it possible that BB didn't have a QB replacement plan at all? Not very Patriot Way if you ask me.

They had to know Stidham wasn't it during his rookie season. There are plenty of rookie QBs that start their 1st season, so a team as prepared as the Pats would know.

Was the plan to find a QB from the garbage bin all along? If so, again not a very 3d chess type plan.

It's just confounding how the whole QB situation played out. The 3 week QB competition that was over the 1st weekend? Come on man, the whole thing was bush league. Not Patriot Way at all.

I think the main point of @Ian article being glossed over is the lack of a backup plan by BB to replace Brady if he decided to leave.

Is it possible that BB actually thought he would never leave? If so, not a good look for Bill.

Is it possible that BB didn't have a QB replacement plan at all? Not very Patriot Way if you ask me.

They had to know Stidham wasn't it during his rookie season. There are plenty of rookie QBs that start their 1st season, so a team as prepared as the Pats would know.

Was the plan to find a QB from the garbage bin all along? If so, again not a very 3d chess type plan.

It's just confounding how the whole QB situation played out. The 3 week QB competition that was over the 1st weekend? Come on man, the whole thing was bush league. Not Patriot Way at all.
And this is the biggest thing with me. If you want to cut bait, you should have some back up plan for a replacement.

We flat out didn't.

When did he put his home on the market?
Really, that’s it? Nice one man. Fact is he listened to the Pats plan for him even after 2019. He wanted a legit salary and some real weapons. He left only after the Pats made it clear they were no longer interested in him.

What offers did Brady receive from BB?
The Pats made it clear they were only bringing back at a reduced contract for 2020. Do you disagree the Pats made this known to Brady? Or are you saying the Pats say made no offers at all to him? That would kind of prove the Pats pushed him out.

Last edited:
I know it’s Stephen A. Smith but I didn’t remembered this report. He reiterated it today on first take insisting that it was a report and not his opinion.

Stephen A. Smith has an interesting theory on friction between Bill Belichick, Tom Brady

Basically reporting when Brady left that Brady would have stayed and worked something out if Bill had come to him and said: « I want you to stay »
Pretty much every piece of information since he left basically came down to "Brady wanted to Pats to show a gesture that he was appreciated and that he was more than just another cog in the machine, and they basically ignored any contract talks and when they finally came to him, they basically asked him to take either the same or pay cut and he already was one foot out the door by that point anyways because of how negligent they were".

You can call that whatever the hell you like, but that's been a consistent throughline in everything that's been reported about this whole saga. And one of the first things Brady said when he went to the Bucs was that the deal was formed under the understanding that Brady would be taking an elevated role in the direction of the team and that he would have a voice in decisions. It's also very clear he does. That says something about what he was looking for in his new team.

The Pats made it clear they were only bringing back at a reduced contract for 2020. Do you disagree the Pats made this known to Brady? Or are you saying the Pats say made no offers at all to him? That would kind of prove the Pats pushed him out.
Correct. They did not make an offer to him.

There is no debate they chose to let things play out and live with the consequences.

Really, that’s it? Nice one man. Fact is he listened to the Pats plan for him even after 2019. He wanted a legit salary and some real weapons. He left only after the Pats made it clear they were no longer interested in him.
In 2019 he got what he wanted... No tag clause and an out after the season.... Sorry you can't see it.... All of his actions lead to the inescapable conclusion that he was done in New England after the 19 season....

We're all Patriots fans...or at least I thought so before THIS season. So many people in here want vengeance on other people over some sports argument that can never be resolved. THAT is not being a Patriot fan, it's being a selfish little kid trying to impress the rest of the world what a "knower of things" you are. Must be what the sports world is about today.... :(

That's the online world. People don't want discussion, they want to be right. The twitterverse-acation of people. Cancel them if they don't believe what you believe. We've become an intolerant society, at least online.

I can only speak for myself, but it is not enough that I merely defeat my opponent on the battlefield of PatsFans.com/messageboard. I must bathe in his blood. I will lay waste to his family line down to the last sperm cell. I am the beginning and the end. The Alpha and the Omega. I am merciful, but cross me and you will not live long enough to regret the vengeance I shall rain down upon you. Try me and you will never forget that KontradictioN, 34, from Jacksonville Beach, FL was the superior debater.

I can only speak for myself, but it is not enough that I merely defeat my opponent on the battlefield of PatsFans.com/messageboard. I must bathe in his blood. I will lay waste to his family line down to the last sperm cell. I am the beginning and the end. The Alpha and the Omega. I am merciful, but cross me and you will not live long enough to regret the vengeance I shall rain down upon you. Try me and you will never forget that KontradictioN, 34, from Jacksonville Beach, FL was the superior debater.
dude abides GIF

1611622604223.png

This really isn’t that hard to figure out. It’s mostly out there and the details have been reported. One has to read very little tea leaves here. The team could have signed Brady to a multi-year deal after the 2017 season. They didn’t. They could have signed him after the 2018 season. They didn’t. Brady then signed on for one more year on the condition that he could test free agency after 2019. The team agreed.

It’s very clear that Bill wanted to keep him after 2019. He allowed Gordon to come back at the beginning of the year, made a variety of signings and pick-ups at WR, drafted a WR in the first round for the first time ever in his career here, and scooped AB up after the Raiders cut him loose. Brady was the best QB in the NFL at the quarter pole of the 2019 campaign. Then Gordon and Thomas were cut loose, Edelman got injured and was a shell of his former self, and AB was accused of sexual assault. Unfortunately, the owner decided to get a $13 * in the offseason at some dumpy strip mall massage parlor and couldn’t be seen publicly backing AB when his character was under assault. AB goes bye bye. Harry comes back, but doesn’t pan out. The offense goes into the toilet and much of the region begins to join the chorus echoing around the nation by yelling “cliff” at the top of their lungs. Even STILL, Brady still reportedly listened to their plan in the offseason. Unfortunately for us, the Pats are now in the rebuilding phase. Brady read the terrain, found that he could maximize his final years elsewhere, and left.

Brady Proved on Sunday the Patriots Gave Up On Him Too Soon
Ian Logue
Obviously, everything has to end. Moving on from Brady needed to happen eventually, but the fact New England put Brady in the position to have to move on is the part that will potentially go down as one of the more frustrating ones in team history.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

Too soon?

Boston sports fans are the worst lol

On the team for 19 seasons. Went to 9 Super Bowls winning 6.

How is that too soon? **** reminds me of Seinfeld when that old person died and everyone is acting all shocked "wow, really makes you think" lol

Fans acting like BB drove away Brady in his late 20s and now we get to watch a decade of him dominating. I get they're sad he's gone but it happens. It's sports. Brady is going to be retired by 2022 or 2023 max.

Correct. They did not make an offer to him.

There is no debate they chose to let things play out and live with the consequences
In 2019 he got what he wanted... No tag clause and an out after the season.... Sorry you can't see it.... All of his actions lead to the inescapable conclusion that he was done in New England after the 19 season....
Sorry, I don’t get how you don’t get it. Brady was open to coming back to the Pats in 2020, he wanted a no tag clause because he, after, 19 years wanted an equal say in the matter. BB and Kraft decided to make no offer to him to come back 2020 and the decision to leave is about Brady wanting out and not BB and Kraft deciding to move on?

Who were the available Qb's?

BB took a gap year. he's clearing brady and brown off the books this year, he's got no major investments to worry about, over 100mil in cap space.

All of these arguements are silly.

Brady went to an absolutely LOADED team, and convinced them to sign antonio brown who is one slightly over cooked piece of toast away from his next meltdown.

Why don't we wait until after Brady is off the patriots cap and Bill actually has a chance to put a team together before we start burying him?

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back