PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: After Getting ‘Kneecapped’, Mac Jones Likely Won’t Forget Monday Night Anytime Soon

“I always try to prepare as a starter. Like I always say, if it’s one snap or 70 I’ll be ready to go and that’s all you can do. You can’t really control anything else. I work really hard and put myself in position to do that and, yes, I think I deserve that.”

So Jones doesn't sound too butt hurt over his despicable treatment by the rabid fans. He's as c*cky as ever. He "deserves" to start. Ok then.

Mac Jones loves himself some Mac Jones.

It’s going to be a tough game for him. Sauce essentially shuts down one side of the field, and (even as a rookie) has the capability to erase anyone he covers. I’d think Saleh would have him shadowing Mac’s security blanket - Meyers - in man. Mac tends to look for him early on in his progression and, if it isn’t there, is mistake-prone.

The problem for the Jets is on offense. Zach Wilson is essentially a caretaker/game manager, and Hall has been the engine of the offense. He’s gone now, Robinson is coming over injured, and Carter is a good complementary piece/RB2, but not Hall. This has the potential to be a low-scoring mess of a game. Then again, there should be some holes in the zone that Wilson could exploit like Fields did. Wilson is mobile and BB likes to stay in Cover-3, Cover-4 against mobile QBs. I also thought we had a good chance to shut out the Bears, and they could have hung a 40burger on our D had they wanted to, so there’s that.
This is a game for Mac to find Henry and Jonnnu early and often if he can keep those moon balls down. The Jets are going to be able to cheat on D and make his throwing lanes small. A nice glimmer of hope on O was Rham in the passing game he was eight for eight that's another option he'll need to use.

Was Jones’ ankle really bad? It looked good as he was taking off after going through one or two reads. I think it’s more likely that he just isn’t looking good, is in his own head, and needs to shed the bad habit of throwing it off his back foot and into double coverage.
Rewatching things yesterday, on the one play where he was forced to run to his left, he went right down and took the sack. So it's tough to say. They took him off the injury report, although Jones still continued the "making progress" statement when asked about it yesterday.

Belichick just said this morning that he took the "full workload" and erased any speculation of his status for Sunday, so now it looks like we're back to business as usual. At least for now, which Belichick also hinted at.

LOL, keep in mind, @Kontradiction is a University of Florida guy, and they don't tend to have much of an affinity for guys from Alabama as it is :D
That’s not true. I wouldn’t mind seeing Henry or Waddle on this team as well.

Reactions: Ian
That’s not true. I wouldn’t mind seeing Henry or Waddle on this team as well.
LOL, I'm just joking. Have a coworker who is a big Florida person and they absolutely hate Alabama, which I've been told is pretty normal. And I didn't see Waddle play in college, definitely a talented kid who would be nice to have. And I noticed Florida seems like they've been playing better and they've got a big one coming up this weekend against Georgia.

LOL, I'm just joking. Have a coworker who is a big Florida person and they absolutely hate Alabama, which I've been told is pretty normal. And I didn't see Waddle play in college, definitely a talented kid who would be nice to have. And I noticed Florida seems like they've been playing better and they've got a big one coming up this weekend against Georgia.
We’re going to get curb stomped by Georgia. You should go to the ****tail Party one year. Just a sea of hundreds of thousands of people tailgating from 6AM until kickoff. So fun.

We’re going to get curb stomped by Georgia. You should go to the ****tail Party one year. Just a sea of hundreds of thousands of people tailgating from 6AM until kickoff. So fun.
I've heard that - but I've also heard that fisticuffs and altercations are also fairly common and that it tends to be quite the s**tshow. LOL, I'm sure we'll go see one eventually, maybe after my son is done with college since it would be cool to go with him.

Sorry, but I pretty much always reject as nonsense any argument based on "everybody says so." And the 90/10 assessment is just pie-eyed delusion.

I'd wager on 90/10 being what we would get if we put up a poll here. Then again, I'd wager on almost anything....

After Getting ‘Kneecapped’, Mac Jones Likely Won’t Forget Monday Night Anytime Soon
Ian Logue
Any New England Patriots fan who watched Monday night's game will likely have a tough time getting the scene that played out before them out of their memories.

The post After Getting ‘Kneecapped’, Mac Jones Likely Won’t Forget Monday Night Anytime Soon appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)
If Mac Jones doesn't have the intestinal fortitude to get over getting booed or replaced with Zappe then maybe he doesn't belong in New England.

I'm sure that he feels bad about how that game went. But if he had performed well, he wouldn't have been pulled.

Mac Jones has played BADLY all season long in 2022. He needs to PROVE that he deserves the starting job.

No there wasn't a training camp battle like with Cam Newton. But results speak for themselves.

Mac Jones needs a convincing performance against the Jets or this QB controversy vs Bailey Zappe isn't just going to go away.

As far as Mac goes, it is what it is and whoever is the starting QB is obviously someone I'll support. But no player, regardless of how you feel about it, should have had to endure or be treated the way he was Monday night. And if Belichick had any doubts about his health at all, he could have avoided that entire scenario and just started Zappe. He's the first guy to downplay the QB situation as it is, so I don't see what the issue would have been in keeping him in there for another week.

You say no player needs to endure that. I respectfully disagree. Quarterback is the position that comes with the highest expectations and pressures on the field. Mac Jones needs to be tested under fire and prove that he belongs in the most important position to a football franchise's success. In other words - MAN UP Mac! Show us you belong. Prove to us you're the leader we thought you'd be when the Patriots spent a 1st round selection on you. Right now you're getting outplayed by a 4th round pick!

It’s going to be a tough game for him. Sauce essentially shuts down one side of the field, and (even as a rookie) has the capability to erase anyone he covers. I’d think Saleh would have him shadowing Mac’s security blanket - Meyers - in man. Mac tends to look for him early on in his progression and, if it isn’t there, is mistake-prone.

The problem for the Jets is on offense. Zach Wilson is essentially a caretaker/game manager, and Hall has been the engine of the offense. He’s gone now, Robinson is coming over injured, and Carter is a good complementary piece/RB2, but not Hall. This has the potential to be a low-scoring mess of a game. Then again, there should be some holes in the zone that Wilson could exploit like Fields did. Wilson is mobile and BB likes to stay in Cover-3, Cover-4 against mobile QBs. I also thought we had a good chance to shut out the Bears, and they could have hung a 40burger on our D had they wanted to, so there’s that.
It's certainly not going to help that we lost our two main guys in the center of both lines. Andrews, team captain, and the one responsible for helping Mac set protections & coord. w/ the OL, is being replaced by Thanksdad Ferentz (credit: @captainstone). We've seen how our DL performs against the run w/o Barmore.

I suspect, a lot of WR/RB screens, dump offs, check downs, & slants. Get rid of the ball fast. Jets will just crowd the box & force Mac to beat them deep.

The key to this game is the D generating TOs. Jets are at +2, Pats at -2. Can we turn that around?

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back