PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[NESN] How J.C. Jackson’s receiver skills are paying off for Patriots’ secondary

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Here's my favorite part:

“I remember J.C.’s first year last year, we were down a scout-team receiver,” Harmon said. “He went over there and played receiver and was making plays, catching the ball, running some good routes. He kept going around saying, ‘I’m really supposed to be a receiver.’ And I was like, ‘No, you’re supposed to be a corner. That’s why you’re here. That’s why you got (signed).’

And an impressive stat:

All nine of Jackson’s career picks — he had four as an undrafted rookie in 2018 — have come on passes that traveled at least 15 yards downfield.

Love this guy. If people are paying attention and I’m sure they are, he’s making himself more and more money for the future every time he suits up. Hopefully it’s with the Pats when that time comes.

This guy sucks! What a JAG! BB can't draft. BB the GM is ruining Brady.

Love this guy. If people are paying attention and I’m sure they are, he’s making himself more and more money for the future every time he suits up. Hopefully it’s with the Pats when that time comes.

Yeah, he's really good. Gets a bit handsy and gets flagged some, but overall, he's very good.

I was sort of hoping, along with Jackson who transferred and played at Maryland, that Cowart would come right in, but he's had the concussion most of the year, which is concerning.

Each transferred for different reasons, but as long as Jackson is over his minor off field issues, he's going to hopefully be here for a while.

I think with McCourty possibly retiring at the end of the year, we may see JoeJuan Williams go to Safety. Just a guess. He just seems more like a Safety to me with his length.

Love JC.

Only knock on him is he isn't always going up against #1 receivers like Gilly is.

Its the same point/counter-point as the NE D.

"He's dominating who he plays."

"He is dominating but it's not against the best competition."

'So what? He only needs to dominate the WR2 which he is."

Bill never draft CBs again always get them undrafted!

They are the closest thing to Revis Cromartie statistically & play style. Regardless of other personnel moves the pats defense has a nice baseline with their absurd CB group.

Love JC.

Only knock on him is he isn't always going up against #1 receivers like Gilly is.

Its the same point/counter-point as the NE D.

"He's dominating who he plays."

"He is dominating but it's not against the best competition."

'So what? He only needs to dominate the WR2 which he is."

Well, he also took on Kelce for a bit in the title game, too. He did get beat for the TD, but he's a pretty darn good 2nd CB. He's doing what he's meant to be doing which is be left alone.

I think you use Jason McCourty on the bracketed approach, with the help over the top. It's a good sign that you can use 2CBs on the #1 and #2 WRs on the perimeter, because each Gilmore and Jackson play with good length.

Years ago, when it was more of a quick twitch style of WR, BB was always concerned with lateral movement from the CBs, but now it's more important to be bigger, be physical, and still not get compromised moving left to right, too.

Jackson has that, IMO.

I mean, look how awesome Jon Jones is in the middle on slot WRs. Sure, they all get beaten from time to time, but the consistency of it, knowing you have it, is huge. Chung as the Rover on these move TEs, too. For years, we've seen really good play here.

Bill never draft CBs again always get them undrafted!

I think what happens is it's a primadonna position like WR. It's hard to know who has the will, heart and lack of ego to work to take the coaching here. You can't teach heart.

I still don't get why people care WHERE a player is drafted with a Rookie Cap. Rd 1 is th eonly legit argument in terms of the player's price tag, but we draft towards the back end anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes