PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NBA Draft - Trades - Free Agents

The talk was he didn’t want to get stashed right? In hindsight it was a mistake, but in a lot of ways, I’m glad I don’t have to stomach a dude who plays bully ball and travels on half his drives. I’ve long maintained that if you called his travels and his bully ball, you could almost cut his numbers in half. Plus he would foul out a ton.

you are delusional and salty.

Giannis would fail here because that would mean he was drafted by Ainge

Hayward is one year plus a player option year....I believe he will have a substantially better year next year ... vucevic is older will cost more for more years....all free agents who are of the same caliber as Adams will cost more for more years ... ideally, capella is only 16/yr for 3 years.....you could still go get another body

My preference in order.
Capela
Adams
Vucevic

I don't think the Cs need more scoring which is why Capela may be a better fit for the cost. I think Adams and Vuc are better players and Adams clearly more physical of the 3.

If you really want to shop the clearance rack instead of possibly overpaying for a big man you could look at domantas sabonis. Entering the last year of his rookie deal, and Indiana has Myles turner and just drafted a big man. Perhaps the Cs can swing a trade?

My preference in order.
Capela
Adams
Vucevic

I don't think the Cs need more scoring which is why Capela may be a better fit for the cost. I think Adams and Vuc are better players and Adams clearly more physical of the 3.

Adams has a great size/mobility combination, Capela provides more cap flexibility.....I think it would take more to get Capela though.......Adams will be a relative giveaway and there would still be cap space to either bring back Rozier (I'm not as down on him as others since I don't think you will match his value in open FA)

If you really want to shop the clearance rack instead of possibly overpaying for a big man you could look at domantas sabonis. Entering the last year of his rookie deal, and Indiana has Myles turner and just drafted a big man. Perhaps the Cs can swing a trade?

Sabonis did more in fewer minutes......I would think the Pacers may move on from Turner before Sabonis

Adams has a great size/mobility combination, Capela provides more cap flexibility.....I think it would take more to get Capela though.......Adams will be a relative giveaway and there would still be cap space to either bring back Rozier (I'm not as down on him as others since I don't think you will match his value in open FA)
Yea I don't think they'd do better than Scary either. I'm totally fine w/ him coming back. Danny seems ok with it as well. I'm guessing $15m but no clue.

Adams is more expensive but I think his offensive ceiling is higher than Capela. Still young too. I'd be ok with either one TBH for different reasons.

Sabonis did more in fewer minutes......I would think the Pacers may move on from Turner before Sabonis

Agree, although turner will be tougher to move with his 80 mil contract.

My preference in order.
Capela
Adams
Vucevic

I've already stated my case for Adams. The funny thing is, Adams is super physical, but not particularly belligerent, I guess he doesn't feel the need to be. Sometimes he will clobber an opponent just by being physical, and then he'll have a look on his face like: "you are on the ground, why? Shall I help you up?".:D

There are many clips of Adams getting clobbered by other players, and instead of getting mad or getting in their face he has an expression like "did something just brush by me? Was it a fly or Gnat?" I found one clip where he is protecting a teammate and walking back the aggressor on the other team and gets hit in the face and he has absolutely no reaction or expression, it is like he didn't even notice it, that must be frustrating for the guy clobbering him.:D

My preference in order.
Capela
Adams
Vucevic

I agree on Capela/Adams/Vucevic in that order....

As for "I don't think the Cs need more scoring...", I disagree. For all of his warts....Kyrie was our scorer and the only one we could rely to self-generate shots consistently (I know he didn't do jack in the Bucks series though). During the 2018 run to the ECF, I remember us going through a lot of spells where we were unable to score, but made up for it with D. Same thing the year before when IT got hurt and missed games.

Maybe Tatum, Hayward, and Brown could be that guy with more opportunities/minutes...but I am not seeing it yet. All of them were inconsistent last year......

I've already stated my case for Adams. The funny thing is, Adams is super physical, but not particularly belligerent, I guess he doesn't feel the need to be. Sometimes he will clobber an opponent just by being physical, and then he'll have a look on his face like: "you are on the ground, why? Shall I help you up?".:D

There are many clips of Adams getting clobbered by other players, and instead of getting mad or getting in their face he has an expression like "did something just brush by me? Was it a fly or Gnat?" I found one clip where he is protecting a teammate and walking back the aggressor on the other team and gets hit in the face and he has absolutely no reaction or expression, it is like he didn't even notice it, that must be frustrating for the guy clobbering him.:D

I'd be totally fine with Adams here. No argument from me.

I agree on Capela/Adams/Vucevic in that order....

As for "I don't think the Cs need more scoring...", I disagree. For all of his warts....Kyrie was our scorer and the only one we could rely to self-generate shots consistently (I know he didn't do jack in the Bucks series though). During the 2018 run to the ECF, I remember us going through a lot of spells where we were unable to score, but made up for it with D. Same thing the year before when IT got hurt and missed games.

Maybe Tatum, Hayward, and Brown could be that guy with more opportunities/minutes...but I am not seeing it yet. All of them were inconsistent last year......
Yea I need to explain that a little.

From a pecking order standpoint I think Tatum and Gordo are your 1A and 1B scoring options. I do believe they will both be in the vicinity of 20ppg give or take a few. I'm expecting both players to come in and be what we we think they are.

During the 2018 run they didn't have Gordo either. Again I'm assuming (hoping really) he reverts back to close to 2017 form.

2A is Jaylen and potentially Scary @ ~14ppg.

3A is whomever else.

I saw some stat that the Cs were in the 20s in terms of scoring on isos. That needs to improve.

The Celtics, I'm told, are emerging as a stealth suitor for Charlotte Hornets free agent Kemba Walker
9:49 AM - 25 Jun 2019

Boston's cap-room situation is a fluid one but the Celtics, as Danny Ainge has acknowledged, are weighing their various needs as we speak in both the backcourt (with Kyrie Irving -- and possibly Terry Rozier -- leaving) and frontcourt (with Al Horford exiting)

No to Kemba. Love him as a player but he is close to 30 and he does not make us a contender. Not without a solid vet in the front court. I don't think it is worth investing in him as much as it would be sweet to see him in green.

Would rather have a very young D'Lo or even Brogdon and go with youth.

No to Kemba. Love him as a player but he is close to 30 and he does not make us a contender. Not without a solid vet in the front court. I don't think it is worth investing in him as much as it would be sweet to see him in green.

What Stein is reporting seems, to me, to be one of those rumors that gets planted by a player's agent. But, since it's out there, I thought it should be reported.

My head is spinning with rumors and fits .........

Agreed, Kemba is too old, maybe as Deus said this is simply a rumor planted by the player's agent.

My list of desirables would be 1) Stephen Adams (age 25) for the reasons I've explained previously and 2) Malcolm Brogdon (age 26). Brogdon would be 2 behind Adams for me because he has a bit of an injury history and as a restricted free agent he might tie up cap space while we wait to see if the Bucks match. Plus, Brogdon may be a hotter commodity, plenty of teams with space need point guards.

The league is going away from talented inside scorers like Adams, which may make him available. However, I would be perfectly happy if the Celtics do a little zigging (in this limited area) when the rest of the league is zagging.

.....Now that I think of it, I think a certain Patriots coach is known for doing that ;)

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back