PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NBA Draft - Trades - Free Agents

One rumored possibility (talked about on Zoe and Bertrand today) is for Horford to head to L.A..
Clippers or Lakers??
Clippers have lots of cap space and I can't believe the Lakers think Al is the missing third piece... Then again Pelinka didn't consider the timing of the trade affecting their ability to sign a max FA so anything is possible..

Yeah, I do. You do too. He did nothing. He let Kyrie do whatever he wanted, and left the kids to deal with it all. Paycheck Al.

Brad Stevens bears a lot of that responsibility as well, and I've mentioned that. Al Horford's been in the league over a decade, has been on winning squads, dealt with ****head stars (Joe Johnson, Josh Smith) and part of his selling point was his 'leadership'.

Not a word from him all year. Not a word from any source about Horford trying to get involved.

No, you don't.

Tom Brady and Bill Belichick are pretty much universally heralded as great leaders of NFL men from their two positions on the Patriots. Yet, still, 2009 happened, and Moss's 2010 meltdown happened.

No, you don't.

Tom Brady and Bill Belichick are pretty much universally heralded as great leaders of NFL men from their two positions on the Patriots. Yet, still, 2009 happened, and Moss's 2010 meltdown happened.
You're conflating football and basketball.

Football, you need 5 leaders. Basketball, you need 1. Also, your end-of-the-bench players are making hundreds of thousands, not tens of millions.

It's comparing apples to spatulas.

It seems the egos and levels of immaturity/diva of NBA players are worse than those of the NFL. Do you guys agree?

I'm not sure. There's a major difference in that in the NFL, the owners own the hammer, whereas in the NBA, the players run the show. All guaranteed contracts, everyone knows exactly how much you can get paid and for exactly how long. These players would be eaten alive if they had to operate in the NFL across the table from Bill.

Mike Conley traded ... great news I hated that rumor. Also hopefully this makes Memphis worse.

Last edited:
Clippers or Lakers??
Clippers have lots of cap space and I can't believe the Lakers think Al is the missing third piece... Then again Pelinka didn't consider the timing of the trade affecting their ability to sign a max FA so anything is possible..

Lakers. Al would actually be an excellent fit there, IMO. He doesn't demands shots, doesn't clog the middle, and is a strong passer for a big man. They'd have a front court of

Davis
Horford
James

With Kuzma serving as a nice rotational player in that mix.

Now, does rumor = certainty? Absolutely not, and L.A. looking to make more space for a max deal makes me think that this would be a plan B sort of thing, if it were real. But the rumor's out there, and the fit makes sense.

You misspelled "weather and proximity to Hollywood money".

You misspelled "smoking hot, fame/money chasing women to bang everywhere you look."

Football, you need 5 leaders. Basketball, you need 1. Also, your end-of-the-bench players are making hundreds of thousands, not tens of millions.

No, I'm discussing leadership, and your seeming lack of understanding that even the best leadership doesn't guarantee everything runs smoothly.

They were 12-3 with Horford in and Kyrie out. He brings a lot more than Kyrie did.
He did and Kyrie kind of took it away ... Kyrie made everyone worse except for Morris who will now cash in thanks to Kyrie.

The 2 that I was thinking of were Morant and Garland, though in most mocks Morant is likely going 2nd and out of the C's range. Coby White would then join Garland as the best 2 options in the 4-6 area, which the C's MAY be able to get to. Both will be long gone before #14, which is Boston's top pick.

BTW- except for the experience that Tatum and Brown got, it WAS a wasted year. Any year you don't get the the most out of the talent at hand is a bad year. I'm not sure Brad Stephens could have done more to integrate Kyrie with this team, but I'm sure he's thinking very reflectively about this past season and hopefully will be a better coach because it.

you said trade brown, smart, rozier and any combo of picks......there would be no picks to get a guard in the draft......you will likely not get to 4-6 using all 3 picks anyway......your scenario makes no sense

If N'awlins doesn't screw this up, they could be very good for years...especially if Knicks don't take Barrett with pick #3.. Can you imagine NO w Williamson, Barrett, Hart, Ingram and a haul of picks????

Too many whining Dookies.

Clippers or Lakers??

Clippers are the current likely landing spot for Kawhi Leonard......if Horford goes there, too, then the Clippers will be a very tough team seeing as the whole roster is currently a grinder (Harrell), a couple of hot young guards (Shamet and Gilgeous-Alexander) Lou Williams, Gallinari and a young big in Zubac.....would be very tough on Lakers

absurd simplification.....

No, I'm discussing leadership, and your seeming lack of understanding that even the best leadership doesn't guarantee everything runs smoothly.

the need for leadership in the nba all depends on the egos........GSW has no need for a 'leader'....while Leonard was the best player on the Raptors, he was by no means a leader and neither was anyone else on that team....the Bucks, Sixers, etc.

you need to want to play well together.......we will see how AD likes playing for a 'leader'

Clippers are the current likely landing spot for Kawhi Leonard......if Horford goes there, too, then the Clippers will be a very tough team seeing as the whole roster is currently a grinder (Harrell), a couple of hot young guards (Shamet and Gilgeous-Alexander) Lou Williams, Gallinari and a young big in Zubac.....would be very tough on Lakers
In that scenario the Clippers would be better than the LAL IMO

Lakers. Al would actually be an excellent fit there, IMO. He doesn't demands shots, doesn't clog the middle, and is a strong passer for a big man. They'd have a front court of

Davis
Horford
James

With Kuzma serving as a nice rotational player in that mix.

Now, does rumor = certainty? Absolutely not, and L.A. looking to make more space for a max deal makes me think that this would be a plan B sort of thing, if it were real. But the rumor's out there, and the fit makes sense.

the Lakers currently don't have a guard to speak of .... if they spend money, it will be on the guard positions......they already have moritz wagner as a 2nd big and their starting frontcourt is going to be James, Davis, and Kuzma

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back