PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Myles Bryant Tendered....Yay.

The level of play of a minimum salary player, except at 5 times the salary.

It drives me crazy how much he plays.

He played 60% of the snaps last year because Jalen Mills missed 7 games, Jack Jones was bedded in the 1st 3 weeks and then missed the last 4 games, Marcus Jones was also being bedded in and only played 50% of the snaps in a game once in the 1st 11 weeks and played 80% of the defense snaps the last 6 weeks Then there was Jon Jones who missed 1 game

Just saying injuries notwithstanding I think Bryant will be seeing significantly less snaps at CB with Jon Jones back and Jack & Marcus with a year in the system. Marcus at the end of the season Belichick had him guarding Devante Adams on an island.

The level of play of a minimum salary player, except at 5 times the salary.

He can be cut in camp and it will cost the team zero. So if some rookie or some FA comes in and outplays him he's probably getting cut

Jon Jones
Jalen Mills
Jack Jones
Marcus Jones
FA/Rookie

would be my guess on who makes it out of camp at CB. Only thing that might keep Bryant on the team is if they play him at FS and he does better playing deep.

He played 60% of the snaps last year because Jalen Mills missed 7 games, Jack Jones was bedded in the 1st 3 weeks and then missed the last 4 games, Marcus Jones was also being bedded in and only played 50% of the snaps in a game once in the 1st 11 weeks and played 80% of the defense snaps the last 6 weeks Then there was Jon Jones who missed 1 game

Just saying injuries notwithstanding I think Bryant will be seeing significantly less snaps at CB with Jon Jones back and Jack & Marcus with a year in the system. Marcus at the end of the season Belichick had him guarding Devante Adams on an island.
That is my point.

He should only play when the injured's replacements are injured. < 100 snaps all year.

Not over 600. Jesus....

He should be the Rudy Stein of the Patriots.

The money is not guaranteed.

He's a bubble player at this cost.

Hopefully the secondary is good enough that Bryant ends up on the practice squad.

Please, will someone explain to me how a tender works.

off-season going swimmingly at Jonathan City by Route One North

Who says Bill isn't a nice guy?

This is some straight up charity work from Bill.

@dustcover It means the Pats are guaranteed right of first refusal if someone else offers him a contract without guaranteeing a dime, if they don't want to match the offer he can walk without compensation to New England.

Last edited:
Myles Bryant misses tackles on ST plays that result in TDs but Doghouse Bourne spoke up or was five minutes late for a meeting.

Glad Patricia is gone.

Hope Bryant isn’t good enough for the 53 when all is said and done.

Please, will someone explain to me how a tender works.
A tender is a one year contract offer to a restricted rights free agent which grants the offering team the right of first refusal... The money is not guaranteed...

There are multiple types of tenders...
A first round tender, which costs the most, means if another team signs the player to a deal, the original team can either match that offer, or receive a first round draft pick as compensation for losing the player...

As second round tender means a 2nd round draft pick in compensation (we did this with wes welker)

The third type is an original round tender like we used with cajuste... So if he signs an offer sheet with another team and we don't match, in this case we'd get a third round pick because that's when we drafted him...

The cheapest tender is just a right of first refusal... No compensation if the player goes elsewhere...

Hope that helps

Last edited:
Hopefully, if the negotiations with Taylor Rapp get completed, the Pats will remove this tender offer.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back