PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My report card vs Cowboys

Imagine if you had a defense of that decision instead if just tone policing as a misdirection.
Waiting on an answer. What's disgraceful about it?

The problem is Belichick the coach is nearing the levels of Belichick the GM...
I know you can appreciate the levels of absurdity here, or I hope you can. The poor players can't be the problem. It's the terrible coaching. No wait, the players have to be terrible too, because of the problem with "Bill the GM." But wait, if the players are all terrible, how can you tell if the coaching is bad?... and so on.

I don't think there's much of a mystery here:

1) Going into the season, we vastly overrated the O-line. Wynn is fragile and soft. We are having to play a number of linemen who shouldn't even be on the roster. The coaching is obviously sub-par. See if a couple million will get us Scar back, I guess.
2) The running backs need to hold on to the ball. We may have turned a corner on this, and overall the rb's remain the potential area of strength we thought they might be going in.
3) Bill Belichick is a sub-par GM, it is painfully obvious at this point. He blows at drafting skill players, and the shopping basket of players bought in this year's buying spree - AS IN PREVIOUS YEARS - is meh, at best. The Krafts should force a change here, get a competent GM on the job, ideally not one of Bill's sons.
4) Mac Jones is fine. He is often their best offensive player. The Wiggies of this world have their heads you-know-where. Mac is good enough, and the situation is dire enough, that Josh needs to let him off the leash.
5) The defense is abysmally coached. They can't even get the requisite number of players on the field. Their adjustments are all over the place. The defense is so complicated - and the coaches and players are so confused half the time - that they always fail in the critical moments. The Mayo/Little Stevie thing is not working. I suspect neither of them is really up to the job and that their "collaboration" just leaves both of them lost. Get a professional in there, and simplify the d----d defense so the players can play. The only good thing about the defense is the game-to-game strategizing, and that is Bill's work: not Mayo, not Steve.
6) Overall, his team simply does not have enough talent to succeed. Get a GM and fix this.

Last edited:
I don't think there's much of a mystery here:

1) Going into the season, we vastly overrated the O-line. Wynn is fragile and soft. We are having to play a number of linemen who shouldn't even be on the roster. The coaching is obviously sub-par. See if a couple million will get us Scar back, I guess.
2) The running backs need to hold on to the ball. We may have turned a corner on this, and overall the rb's remain the potential area of strength we thought they might be going in.
3) Bill Belichick is a sub-par GM, it is painfully obvious at this point. He blows at drafting skill players, and the shopping basket of players bought in this year's buying spree - AS IN PREVIOUS YEARS - is meh, at best. The Krafts should force a change here, get a competent GM on the job, ideally not one of Bill's sons.
4) Mac Jones is fine. He is often their best offensive player. The Wiggies of this world have their heads you-know-where. Mac is good enough, and the situation is dire enough, that Josh needs to let him off the leash.
5) The defense is abysmally coached. They can't even get the requisite number of players on the field. Their adjustments are all over the place. The defense is so complicated - and the coaches and players are so confused half the time - that they always fail in the critical moments. The Mayo/Little Stevie thing is not working. I suspect neither of them is really up to the job and that their "collaboration" just leaves both of them lost. Get a professional in there, and simply the d----d defense so the players can play. The only good thing about the defense is the game-to-game strategizing, and that is Bill's work: not Mayo, not Steve.
6) Overall, his team simply does not have enough talent to succeed. Get a GM and fix this.

Hire Eliot Wolf as full time GM. Ziegler blew it with his FA spending spree, the Jonnu contract will look even worse over time, and the front office was incongruent in being frugal on Gilmore while extending Wynn for $11m and spending $300M in free agency with $160m guaranteed. Ziegler is on over his head, this organization is going downhill with the 2 guys from John Carroll (Ziegler, McD)

The DB's play is like riding a roller coaster......great play one time, next time recievers wide open...WTF

I've gained more and more respect for Dak this season. Even watching Hard Knocks in preseason Prescott definitely comes across as very serious about football and a good leader. He seems to be winning games in spite of that dunce of a coach and willed his team to a win last night even with the Cowboys shooting themselves in the foot repeatedly last night.

Mac got absolutely crushed a few times. Lucky he wasn’t injured. After a few big hits the Pats got conservative and didn’t do much on O for a few quarters. The line has to give him more time for plays to develop. Cajuste and Wynn and Thanksdad Ferentz as usual were dreadful.

Up-dated for accuracy.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back