PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My report card for week 8

I always find it amazing that its Bill that beats young QB's and Bill that makes young QB's look bad when the pats win, when they lose or a young QB lights them up, its the crappy players fault.
Here's a good article about Bill's record against young qbs...maybe after you read it, you won't so amazed and be happy that the GOAT is our coach.

C+, tops, for me... That pass to Bourne on 1st/goal from the 4 should've hit him right in the numbers, and the 4th/goal pass needed to be aimed to the back pylon... Mac also took a 3rd-down sack when he had a clear lane to his left, though he learned his lesson (no Error Repeater he) and ran to his right for a 3rd-down conversion later in the game...

RB: C+ Tbh I was expecting more against that run defense which looked every bit as terrible as I expected.
OL: B-
WR: C- Overall they were all right but I knocked this grade way down for the Bourne fumble and how it almost flipped the game the other way. No excuse for that.
TE: B-
Maaaybe a half-grade higher all around, but certainly no more than that.

DL: B
LB: B
B- for me on both counts... That 75-yard run by Justin Jackson was a ****ing disgrace.

Secondary: B+. Would have loved to give this an A but Mills.
Definitely no more than a B/B+ from me... Yo Adrian Phillips brought his A game, while Jalen Mills brought his typical D- game.

Special Teams: B+. Great day for Gunner.
Coaching: C-.
A- for the STs, including an A+ for the Nick of Time Folk.

C+ for the coaching...Skippy's 3rd- and 4th-down calls just outside the 1 were ****ing pathetic... And I still despise the Prevent defense.

Here's a good article about Bill's record against young qbs...maybe after you read it, you won't so amazed and be happy that the GOAT is our coach.

How does this have anything to do with what I said? I said when we beat a young QB its Bill, when we dont its the players fault. Meaning, maybe the players had a lot to do with beating young QB's. I dont care what a coach calls if a player does not execute it, you lose. Did bill get blamed for David Mills lighting the pats up? No, why? He was young.

How does this have anything to do with what I said? I said when we beat a young QB its Bill, when we dont its the players fault. Meaning, maybe the players had a lot to do with beating young QB's. I dont care what a coach calls if a player does not execute it, you lose. Did bill get blamed for David Mills lighting the pats up? No, why? He was young.
we just won two games in a row, getting ready to get on a roll, can you just enjoy it?

QB: C/C+
RB: C+. Tbh I was expecting more against that run defense which looked every bit as terrible as I expected.
WR: C-. Overall they were all right but I knocked this grade way down for the Bourne fumble and how it almost flipped the game the other way. No excuse for that

Are you a teacher?

QB: C/C+
RB: C+. Tbh I was expecting more against that run defense which looked every bit as terrible as I expected.
WR: C-. Overall they were all right but I knocked this grade way down for the Bourne fumble and how it almost flipped the game the other way. No excuse for that

I dont get this grading at all. They totalled 141 yards on the ground which didn't include two long break away runs that the refs conveniently found holding on, but not the holding on Chargers long run.

Mac put together the game winning drive when it mattered. Which is exactly what you want. Dude was money when the pressure was on. Your grades are a C-

I always find it amazing that its Bill that beats young QB's and Bill that makes young QB's look bad when the pats win, when they lose or a young QB lights them up, its the crappy players fault.
I am wondering why you still post here when you obviously hate Bill and don't have many nice things to say about Mac or the Patriots in general. You are obviously a Brady fan over being a Patriot fan, nothing wrong with that , just wish you would own it. Since you don't root for the 'laundry', you really should stop trying to bring other posters down when they are feeling excited about the directions that the Patriots are headed in.

In 2001 , Brady had very similar numbers to what Mac is doing this year and yet you and some other posters won't even acknowledge him. Most Patriot fans wish Brady had retired a Patriot, myself included, however since that didn't happen I chose to look forward instead of living in the past. This is an exciting time , I love the Patriots, loved them before Brady and love them after him , I am really tired of seeing you crap all over Bill repeatedly. He is our coach and there is no one I would rather have coaching this team.

Uche played more and better. Maybe he will come around after all. Joejuan Williams played 25%. Set the edge on the 75 yard run but the inside guys didn't make the play. I'm not as hard on Williams as some of you. He is a good tackler, quick to the ball, and probably as good as Mills. I still hold out hope for him also. Don't want to give up on Wino. Some of those old backer's won't be back next year and he is good special teams and pass rush with a good motor. I like Bryant. Barmore my new favorite.

JJ Williams has had 2 solid games. If he and Harry can be solid, regular contributors that will help tremendously. We are going to face a few teams with bigger receivers and/or lighter TEs, so JJ could help a lot if he keeps being solid.

If Harry can make 4 catches a game that would be a huge help. Spread the ball around.

Bryant is a nice piece. Would love someone next to Barmore - guess no team has everything. Carl Davis has been a disappointment.

Did BB say this?? I do not remember BB throwing anyone under the bus after a loss, usually it is the patterned we were out coached or out played, but never any commentary about a specific player..

I dont get this grading at all. They totalled 141 yards on the ground which didn't include two long break away runs that the refs conveniently found holding on, but not the holding on Chargers long run.

Mac put together the game winning drive when it mattered. Which is exactly what you want. Dude was money when the pressure was on. Your grades are a C-
Our lead back still got only 3.5 YPC against the Chargers. If you want to know why I gave that a C+ see the original post.
For Mac I did factor in the game winning drive or his grade would probably be lower. He was airmailing passes in the first half, and could have had one picked near the goal line. Playcalling didn't help like I said but he was off. Had a 70 passer rating, his second worst mark of the season and the 4th worst in the league among all QB's for week 8.

JJ Williams has had 2 solid games. If he and Harry can be solid, regular contributors that will help tremendously. We are going to face a few teams with bigger receivers and/or lighter TEs, so JJ could help a lot if he keeps being solid.

If Harry can make 4 catches a game that would be a huge help. Spread the ball around.

Bryant is a nice piece. Would love someone next to Barmore - guess no team has everything. Carl Davis has been a disappointment.
Yes on Davis, Ekuale got more snaps last game and will probably remain on the 53

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back