PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My pick of the DRAFT

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarkDawg

Banned
Reaction score
Jared Veldheer, OT

take him w/ our first 2nd. Veldheer and Vollmer would be 2 studs on our O-Line.

Leaving room for a Matt Light trade. Possibly?

I wasn't all that impressed by Veldheer at the Texas vs. the Nation game. He reminded me of Kaczur.

I wasn't all that impressed by Veldheer at the Texas vs. the Nation game. He reminded me of Kaczur.

Ouch

I did see alot of people compare him to Vollmer after his workout at the combine. Seemed to do real well in the interviews and alot of people came away impressed. I would be fine with using our 3rd 2nd round pick, but not our first on him.

I did see alot of people compare him to Vollmer after his workout at the combine. Seemed to do real well in the interviews and alot of people came away impressed. I would be fine with using our 3rd 2nd round pick, but not our first on him.

Which is rather ironic, as he probably wouldn't have been invited to the combine were it not for the uninvited Vollmer's performance as a rookie.

I think Ot is in pretty good shape for the next few years anyways. A OT->OG conversion pick would make more sense (see Mankins). We desperately need someone to fill in for Neal, and a center is going to be necessary within the next couple years too. I would hope we use 3 of our first four picks on OL/DL/LB. Then take a shot at WR (hurts to say, I want Ben Tate :( ) with the other. either that or trade it back for multiple picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe