PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My Insane Plan to Save Professional Football

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayClay

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
5c4fce4fe994a9bdf3d2a094de3fc8e3.jpg

It should be obvious by now that the National Football League is being controlled by some insane, greedy, yet inept principals, who are willing to destroy the game that football fans love to completely crush the players union.

They also will do anything in the short term to make a splash, even if it leads to degradation of the product and endangers the very players they need to enhance the product as good football, as opposed to a TV reality show. Longer seasons, regular season games in england or fckin China, who knows?

As Goodell's new contract and the new collective bargaining contract and inevitable lockout by the oligopoly, loom ahead 2 years, the outlook is not positive. Players will not comply and owners will try to crush them. A season, or more could be lost.

Working within the system [lol] is not an option, it is corrupt and filthy.

With all the ego driven billionaires, it shouldn't be hard to float the idea of a new league. with players in a vise, it shouldn't be hard to poach some stars, if there was a structure in place when the lockout starts. It's been done before, it was successful and there wasn't much money or structure behind it.

My proposal

1. Krafty should start buying one or more semi pro leagues in the area. Probably cost about as much as the bottle of wine he buys with dinner.

2. Get together with some big egos billionaires like Mark Cuban who could do the same on the west coast.

3. Start feeding these semi pro leagues with players who don't make the cut for the local team. A phone call away.

4. Or Kraft can stay away and let some other hopeful owner do it in this area, doesn't matter.

5. After 2 years of well financed low level leagues stocked with near NFL players [and better coaching, more money etc] the lockout begins and it's bad. Looks like no way out [Kraft won't save their ass this time] and a season might be lost.

6. Each league has identified one stadium sufficient for a start up team [we went 11 years without one].

7. NFL Armageddon apparent, the plan goes into action. Extract one all star team from each league and assign a stadium,. or sign a lease. Start signing big name NFL players that will hurt [remembering each team has a league full of almost NFL players]. Start play immediately with a shortened season.

8. Unlike the old AFL, there are a million crazy cable channels and internet outlets for this crazy new league with the balls to counter program the striking NFL. Krafty will get on the phone with them, then deny it.

9. The league, in disarray, doesn't know where to strike, so they try to punish Kraft [we know they don't need evidence]. They aren't playing, the new league is, so Kraft decides to file the anti-trust suit and whatever else his lawyers can come up with.

10 At this point, Kraft has the stadium, the best coach, and [I wonder] contracts, or at least goodwill with the best players? If he decides to just join the new league.

11 As time goes on, BB and Brady will want to retire from the active grind. why not buy teams while they're cheap? BB might need some investors, but the Brady's could have a his and hers. Keep a little spice in the marriage.

The lockout is settled in some fashion and I doubt the players are happy, so where does that leave the no fun league now, with a new league, stealing players, better rules, consistent officiating overseen by an experienced official.

For the younger fans, the AFL kicked of in 1960 and forced a merger by 1966 [1st "Super Bowl 1967, complete merger 1970]. Our local team had no money, no stadium and was never expected to survive.

Dream big! The thing that made the NFL a giant is the same thing that could make this possible: social media. There's never been a better time for grass-roots and small operations to blow up over night. The people have more of voice than ever. Could happen, but as you mentioned, a plan needs to be set forth. We'll see if anyone would be willing to take the chance. I don't think the Kraft's would though.

I think you're on the right track. We can't underestimate the power and influence and financial backing - and corruption - of the NFL, which is even more and worse than in '65, or even '85.

To succeed, we need to secure defections from within every level, including officials and management, before we open for business. The league's legal team has been proven to be inept and uncreative and bumbling, but as we all saw that can make no difference in the legal system.

It is interesting, you have our owner, who, to some extent unwittingly, contributed to the mess that is the NFL today, leading the charge for equity, fairness, justice and the good of the game against the league.

Somehow I can't see BobKraft who has, what ~2Billion $ asset in the NEP, doing ANYTHING to damage the value of that asset.
Look how he has behaved, favoring the 31 over his team's interests.

It's not like they just arrested his quarterback, stole his draft picks and took at least a million dollars from him for nothing. You don't think he would like to own the league that collapsed the corrupt NFL and dilute the power of the Irsays, Woody Johnsons etc.?

The Patriots are said to be worth a few billion dollars. Why would Kraft walk away from that?

I didn't say he would walk away from that. I never even said he had to be one of the semi pro league owners. I just said that, if it happened, he would be ideally suited to become a driving force, or stay in the diluted NFL with new teams, or sue the league and still have options.

It's all about options.

Unless you are optimistic about how many games the commissioner is going to allow Brady to play, if any, before he retires, after he destroys the players union.

The Patriots are said to be worth a few billion dollars. Why would Kraft walk away from that?

Kraft is going to die. If he can take all his billions with him, he will be the first.

For the younger fans, the AFL kicked of in 1960 and forced a merger by 1966 [1st "Super Bowl 1967, complete merger 1970]. Our local team had no money, no stadium and was never expected to survive.

That's why I save some love for Billy Sullivan and the original members of the AFL. It wasn't easy to stand up to the NFL the way they did back then. My greatest non-Patriots moments were when the Jets and Chiefs won back to back SBs. After years of ignoring us and looking down their noses at us, those wins shut the NFLers up for good.

That's why I save some love for Billy Sullivan and the original members of the AFL. It wasn't easy to stand up to the NFL the way they did back then. My greatest non-Patriots moments were when the Jets and Chiefs won back to back SBs. After years of ignoring us and looking down their noses at us, those wins shut the NFLers up for good.
My favorite was the squish the fish and above all the Raiders. I don't care if his drunken son was a bad GM, or an idiot to mock Howie Long and Millen and get his head split open, that was a fecking grudge match.

Without Sullivan, there is no team. Pro football had failed numerous times in Boston and no one was interested.

You might appreciate this. Pretty sure I asked annihilus over at Pats Planet about posting his stuff, but the history section there is outstanding.

Philadelphia was actually awarded the last AFL franchise. they had a press conference scheduled that Monday? Anyway, Sullivan was on the phone all weekend and stole it.

1.jpg

Last edited:
When I saw the thread title I thought the OP was starting a GoFundMe drive for PatsFans to finance @Joker to finally once and for all permanently take out Mr. Integrity.

AND, both those teams won the world championship wearing their real logos, colors and uniforms, representing their cities and honoring their loyal fans and traditions...something the Patriots, thanks to Kraft, have yet to do...

...no, it didn't. They have continued since, to consistently disparage the Patriots.

My favorite was the squish the fish and above all the Raiders. I don't care if his drunken son was a bad GM, or an idiot to mock Howie Long and Millen and get his head split open, that was a fecking grudge match.

Without Sullivan, there is no team. Pro football had failed numerous times in Boston and no one was interested.

When I saw the thread title I thought the OP was starting a GoFundMe drive for PatsFans to finance @Joker to finally once and for all permanently take out Mr. Integrity.

I deny everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing