PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mrs B's Training Camp Reports 7/27/07 AM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mrs B's Training Camp Reports 7/27 AM

Mrs B nice post as always. We on here cant get enough so even if some is second time thru its still good stuff.

I believe this drill was a drill geared to getting good position and a low center of gravity for a gunner.....could be wrong but thats what it looked like to me..anyone else who saw it have an idea.

It could well be something like that. Seeing the actual pics made me think differently to my original opinion (that it was an exercise in scooping up low throws or balls on the ground). I understand from weather.com that it is mid 80s. Ouch.

The pics are fantastic, btw.

Last edited:

"I haven’t read anybody else’s stuff at this point yet so I don’t know what’s already been covered but decided to instead to take this time to make my post so here we go… Let Mrs. B’s Training Camp Reports begin!"

Some of your points were covered by other blogs but, in my opinion, your pics were not. They are absolutely great!! I look forward to the next ones. Thanks

willdee

It could well be something like that. Seeing the actual pics made me think differently to my original opinion (that it was an exercise in scooping up low throws or balls on the ground). I understand from weather.com that it is mid 80s. Ouch.

Felt a lot hotter with the humidity too. Dew points were up in the 60s.

Definitely not a scoop and score drill; you would never teach a player to scoop with one hand.

The hoop drill is usually used for OLB/DE to simulate an outside pass rush. It may very well be a Special Teams drill.

http://flickr.com/photos/patriotworld/918151533/in/set-72157601040759908/

My first impression is this looks like an edge rushing drill like the DL/LBs do at the Combine using cones to show where they have to turn the corner to get to the CB...another thought is this is a good way to develop a DB's balance for getting a hand on the low & away throws.
AllWorldTE - TripleOption's coaching colleague over at Planet - echo's the edge rushing comment:
Mrs. B mentions the DBs doing a hoop drill in her report (this is an individual body control drill usually used by pass rushers to condition their bodies to turn the corner on the QB-get ready for a lot of DB blitzes this year).
Nice to have a couple coaches to sort us out. :rocker:

Thanks again for another great report, Mrs. B! I always look forward to your training camp reports every year and it means that the start of the season is just around the corner! woo!

Thank you Mrs. B This is fantastic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results