PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mrs. B's 2007 Training Camp Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mrs. B's Training Camp Reports

Thanks for the kind thoughts and words guys... It's appreciated. While I'm still undecided about what I'll do, I think that maybe a good compromise (for me) might be to just post in one place (a blog) and have ppl come to me rather than cutting and pasting and posting in tons of places all over the net. Doing that twice a day in addition to attending both sessions of camp and making two round trips might be do-able.

That seems perfectly reasonable, especially as we non- New Englanders derive so much benefit and pleasure from your blogs. I'm sure that, if you flutter your eyelids at a mod (I suggest Shmessy), they can make your page a sticky for the TC period.

Roll on TC and the first decent "welcome to the NFL, rookie" moment. :D

That seems perfectly reasonable, especially as we non- New Englanders derive so much benefit and pleasure from your blogs. I'm sure that, if you flutter your eyelids at a mod (I suggest Shmessy), they can make your page a sticky for the TC period.

Roll on TC and the first decent "welcome to the NFL, rookie" moment. :D
Mrs. B fluttering her eyelashes at shmessy may not get the job done - now that you've broached the idea I'm having flashbacks to the movie Shrek where Donkey asks Dragon if she has something in her eye when she fluttered her eyelashes at him (I'm sure Mrs. B's dragon lady persona is reserved for school administrators and Dolphin fans since I haven't noticed it here or at Planet). There is more than one person using this forum who has noted shmessy's stubborn asexual nature...of course there is also the visual of someone fluttering their eye lids, which sounds more like some politician caught in an outright fabrication. Maybe Miss Gcat can shed some light on this procedure? Of course that's after she's beaten the Teddy Bear's confession out of him, she has to have her priorities.
_1410379_shrek_donkey_150.jpg
_1410379_shrek_300.jpg

Dear Mrs. B,

I truly hope you continue your reports, they are part of the experience. But, perhaps, you should consider doing something shorter. Perhaps if you viewed your reports as more of a follow-up to "everything that's already been said" by the time you get home, it'd be less time consuming for you but still have your unique flavor.

After all, Mrs. B, how else are we to find out about every time Tedy scratches his balls?

Sincerely,

Isaac

Last edited:

Karen.......That it's as much a time issue makes sense..I KNOW cutting..pasting etc etc..takes time..and just putting it in some place..GREAT!!!
I think all posters love to read them...I know I do can not wait to read every day of camp...and even if I DO attend...

What do they say....I think this sums it all up....

"Other guys imitate...but the original is still the greatest..".

I fully appreciate the time and trouble and I think your idea of doing it as a blog is great. If you can't get it on your own site, I'm sure that there are other bloggers out there who could let you log on as a "guest blogger" on their blogs for a coupld of weeks. Then all we need is a cross reference and a sticky from the mods (OK, Shmessy?) ...

Sure, Mike R. has a lot of detail that might overlap with yours, but you bring your personal impressions and experience -- who you saw, what you thought. That adds a LOT of value, for me.

(Since I raised the point about the camp reports on the other thread, I think that you've heard what the people think about it. Again, pretty please!)

Eyelids turn me on! :)

That being said, if Karen can write her blog and post it just once each day on her excellent website (and if she OK's us copying and pasting the material from her website over here - with attribution, of course) perhaps we could relieve her of the need to post them here by having one of us do it. If every external website she posts to could do the same thing, maybe that could save Karen some time.

Eyelids turn me on! :)

That being said, if Karen can write her blog and post it just once each day on her excellent website (and if she OK's us copying and pasting the material from her website over here - with attribution, of course) perhaps we could relieve her of the need to post them here by having one of us do it. If every external website she posts to could do the same thing, maybe that could save Karen some time.
Maybe a solution....or jjust a sticky and a link....from the mods...

Dear Karen - add me to the list of people who enjoy reading a real fan's perspective, even if there are other blogs out there. I understand it may be too much work and I can certainly respect that, but hope you continue, even in a pared-down form.

Deb

Echoing other's comments, it would be a shame to leave this to the professionals. But if you need more time for your family and are simply burned out, thanks for all you have done thus far. I have appreciated it.

Being 3,000 miles away, I actually always go to your reports before the professionals. You just seem to encapsulate all the right info. :)

Whatever you decide to do I'll support, but if it's the way of the 8-track, I just want to say thanks for all you've done. And if you decide to keep on truckin', I'll be right there to listen/read.

Thanks again Mrs.B... and thanks again for being so kind to me and my family when I visited Gillette last year.

DW

Thanks for the kind thoughts and words guys... It's appreciated. While I'm still undecided about what I'll do, I think that maybe a good compromise (for me) might be to just post in one place (a blog) and have ppl come to me rather than cutting and pasting and posting in tons of places all over the net. Doing that twice a day in addition to attending both sessions of camp and making two round trips might be do-able.

* 1st we lose Ron Borges and now Mrs B -:) You should do whatever makes it easier for yourself. I know it takes a lot of time to do that stuff and it's not like your getting paid for it.

I happen to think that having the perspective of Tedy Bruchi's wife is INCREDIBLY valueable. ;)

Seriously - as someone who can't make it to the camps, while I recognize that EVERYONE'S opinion is technically valid... there are some people who's opinions I've come to respect more than others - and yours is one of them Mrs. B!

So let's just be clear what we're respectfully asking for here... sure, others might create threads on the spot via web phone internet browsers or whatever they're called - but we in the peanut gallery are specifically asking YOU, Mrs. B, to post YOUR assessment of the progress shown in camp as often as you can.

We don't want you to add to any existing thread even if its repetitious - we want you to post YOUR OWN thread as often as you feel you can, that way we can quickly and easilly see what your thoughts and assessments are.

Now hopefully other fans realize that we don't want 30 different threads with individual assessments... Mrs. B. has earned a distinction in that respect where popular opinion demands that she have her own dedicated threads - but I think the massess have spoken on this so hopefully you'll continue your public service to us all.

Savvy?

Now hopefully other fans realize that we don't want 30 different threads with individual assessments... Mrs. B. has earned a distinction in that respect where popular opinion demands that she have her own dedicated threads - but I think the massess have spoken on this so hopefully you'll continue your public service to us all.

I have to disagree. I would love 30 threads from 30 different individuals that attended training camp practices provided that they are informative.

Naturally, one would put more weight on Mrs. B's as she has been doing this for some time and I truly hope she continues to do so.

That being said, I have been to plenty of training camp practices and I feel that no 1 person can see all of the action that happens.

I welcome all training camp reports. I live in VA now because of my job and I love to read as much as possible about training camp... especially from fellow fans.

Media types are generally prima donnas that show up for a couple of hours and bang out a report. Rabid fans watch all day and report what they see with infectious enthusiasm and detail.

I have to disagree. I would love 30 threads from 30 different individuals that attended training camp practices provided that they are informative.

There's absolutely no need for 30 different threads - the moderators would and should merge them as they'd fill up an entire page of the forum with duplicitous threads.

The masses however seem to be clear in asking Mrs. B to post her assessments separately to minimize our need to search for them.

There's absolutely no need for 30 different threads - the moderators would and should merge them as they'd fill up an entire page of the forum with duplicitous threads.

The masses however seem to be clear in asking Mrs. B to post her assessments separately to minimize our need to search for them.
Harumph, Mrs. B's TC reports have been quite accessible and serve as a fine cornerstone for all the individual and media reports. There is no need to lock our canary up in her own gilded cage, she'll get that soon enough when Ian moves the threads to the TC forum for posterity. We seem to survive posting with wild abandon hereabouts and the mods generally have a handle on things, even if Pats1 is a little quick with his pepper spray and night stick...not to mention PATSNUTMe and his night stick issues in the lounge.

Now for some scurrilous rumors...it's said that Mrs B has been sleeping with a Yankee fan

I have also enjoyed reading Karen's reports and her fan perspective. Thank you Karen for keeping all of us Pats fans entertained during the offseason.

That's probably a good compromise. Why not make your own blog? I would read it. :) News is scarce in the offseason and it's nice to get a fan's perspective on what you see out there.

Last edited:

As someone who has had to relocate far, far away I won't waste your time and plead for more...I just want to thank you for all the reports you already did. Getting info on what was happening in the camps was impossible from here, but you gave us all a contribution that can never be fully recompensed. I owe you and I can never make it up to you...THANK YOU!

:rocker:

Mrs B,

Count me in with those hoping you keep reporting! Your enthusiasm is great, your perspective is unique and we need you.

foxborofan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back