PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss trade done. Is the 2010 season over?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Is the 2010 season over?

• Yes, the season is over.

Votes: 49 23.4%
  • No, it isn't.

Votes: 160 76.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperPatsFan

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Do the Pats still have a shot, or is it over?

Of course the season is not over.. We have another 12 games to go..

Now if the question was, "what are our chances to win the SB now", it went from about 10% to .05%

I still think we can win the division and make the playoffs with good coaching and the young players stepping up.

Do the Pats still have a shot, or is it over?

People who think we're worse off simply do not understand locker room chemistry. You can have a good season but winning it all when questioning if a player is giving 100% is not possible. To think that Moss was going to give 100% is a huge assumption. If he was happy we were a better team but a disgruntled Moss hurt us as much as he helped us so it was a good trade for that reason.

Jets are happy

Revis on Wes , Cro on tate and then use a safety and wilson on herd .
play the other safety in the box.

We have to see how this develops...wish they have poped 10 million to Gaffney instead of moss now.

There's 12 more games this season win or lose sooooo

Not only no but HELL NO! We still have Welker and we also have a couple of tight ends that are going to destroy people.]
Furthermore, there will be no more forcing the ball to Randy anymore.
We will have our "favorite receiver is the open receiver" Tom Brady back.
Do not despair fellow fans. We're going to be fine.

I don't think the season is over by any stretch of imagination. What I need to do is recover from the shock of this happening in the space of 1 day publicly.

Last edited:
i'm trying hard not to post anything I'll regret, so that means I'll be logging off in a few minutes.

I guess the only question I ask myself is how the teams that are playing us down the line will feel about this? My guess is that they're all a lot happier to be playing the Pats without Moss and Welker. As to whether that means the season is over, I guess that's a question of expectations, but as far as I can see...

Now, I feel my fingers starting to want to type something I'll regret so I'm going to log off for a while.

The season isn't over. There are 12 games left.

As much as I like Moss, if he doesn't want to be here, then the best decision for the team is to let him go. You don't want Moss on your team if he doesn't want to play.

The season is far from over. Still plenty of talent on the team to carry us well into the playoffs. Never say never.

No you guys will sign, and trade Vincent Jackson.

Much as I hate the trade (especially for the poor compensation) and the fact that this does weaken the offense, the season is far from over. For once there is no dominant team that has a clear route to the SB, all teams have issues. Can the Patriots still get to the off-season, absolutely. Do we need some no-name to step forward and have a break-out season, yes and some are already heading in that direction. But if this removes a negative force from locker room and sidelines maybe its the best that can be achieved.

I didn't expect to be in the SB this season anyway, nor did I expect Randy to be a Patriot next season. So far my expectations are in line with where we are, my hopes and dreams however are somewhat dented. TB/RM combo was magic - sigh

A pundit on WEEI is speculating that the Moss trade is a salary dump move by the Krafts, and nothing more.

Season ain't over but our chances of getting deep into the playoffs just took a HUGE hit. Wow this trade pisses me off. At least get a defensive piece in return. Not a crappy 3rd rounder that we'll just flush away on another midget db.

Right now, a sizeable precentage of voters in the poll -- about 20% -- say it is. :eek:

Last edited:
I'm absolutely in shock over this, like this completely blindsided me.

I say yes, it's over, but like I said I'm still in shock.

Now that I think about it this may be good for TFB in a way. We never had Moss when we won those Super Bowls and Brady's favorite reciever was alway "The open one"

Still.... Wow...

Right now, a sizeable precentage of voters in the poll -- about 20% -- say it is. :eek:

We used to be able to see who had voted in these polls but it now seems insensitive to any action that would produce that information. I wouldn't be surprised to see that many of the 20% are visiting fans of other teams.

Maybe we will look back at this thread in february and laugh our butts off, maybe but highly unlikely :bricks: GO PATS WITH OR WITHOUT MOSS

I got to believe they have a plan for this. Maybe making room for a superstar defenseman. I don't think all is lost here. When I first heard about this I was thinking wtf myself. But the Pats don't make alot of mistakes when it comes to personel. We will be fine have some faith. Remember how many championships did Moss bring us. 0!!!

This team won't score more than 10-points next week against the leagues best D. Bad trade. Bad move. Once again they get cheap at the expense of winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST