PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss to Herald: "I want to retire a Patriot"

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnVM

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Not sure this warrants its own thread, if not merge it into another one, but this is new after the ESPN interview:

Randy Moss: I want to retire a Patriot - BostonHerald.com

In a conversation with the Herald this afternoon, Randy Moss said he wants to end his career as a member of the New England Patriots [team stats].

In a wide-ranging interview, Moss also acknowledged his timing was off when he talked to the media after Sunday’s victory about his feelings and his contract situation. However, he said it was something he needed to get off his chest so it wouldn’t be a distraction to the team later in the year.

Moss also said his conversation with coach Bill Belichick, reported by the Herald in today’s papers, went really well. Moss said he came away feeling a lot better about himself and his place in the organization.

More at link above...

Re: SBB to Moss: "I want you to retire a Patriot"

SBB to Moss: "I want you to retire a Patriot"

SBB to Moss: "I want you to retire a Patriot"

In a conversation with his boss today SBB said "he would really love to see 81 retire as a patriot and get a ring as a patriot"

No more at link above.

Last edited:
Not sure this warrants its own thread, if not merge it into another one, but this is new after the ESPN interview:

Randy Moss: I want to retire a Patriot - BostonHerald.com

More at link above...
I love Randy but it seems Everyone says "i want to retire a _______" Fill in the blank when they're looking for a new contract. But i guess i'm willing to believe Randy on this, he does have TB throwing to him and is on a team that contends every year.

Re: SBB to Moss: "I want you to retire a Patriot"

That link doesn't work. Who is SBB?

just some loon but he makes sense at least this time.

Last edited:
I wish Moss would get his contract signed, but I don't think it will happen soon. I believe Kraft is waiting to see how Moss does, how the other recievers from the team do. Maybe how Oakland does, to see if we maybe can get a stud at WR( Green, Jones...), I don't know, I think he'll have to wait.

Randy Moss did not get where he is alone and he would do well to start talking about the opportunity he has with New England with a QB that trusts him for every kind of route and a complementary receiving corps that allows him to be single covered most of the time.

TO has become a clown partly due to his total ineffectiveness in Buffalo where he was jammed at the line, double-teamed on most passing downs and then hit on every play to send him a message about crossing the middle.

Moss could go back to a place like that again. Does he totally forget what a disaster it was for him in Oakland? With 13 years in the NFL on his body he could find himself once again on a crappy offensive team desperate for some star power but having none of the cast needed to help him succeed.

Like the Jets. What do you think the Ravens would have done to Moss last evening, knowing that Sanchez couldn't get him the ball anyway? They would have pounded him all night long at the line and in the secondary while Sanchez was throwing his stupid swing passes behind the line of scrimmage.

Moss has it really great in New England and has the potential to end up with Jerry Rice numbers.

Randy Moss did not get where he is alone and he would do well to start talking about the opportunity he has with New England with a QB that trusts him for every kind of route and a complementary receiving corps that allows him to be single covered most of the time.

TO has become a clown partly due to his total ineffectiveness in Buffalo where he was jammed at the line, double-teamed on most passing downs and then hit on every play to send him a message about crossing the middle.

Moss could go back to a place like that again. Does he totally forget what a disaster it was for him in Oakland? With 13 years in the NFL on his body he could find himself once again on a crappy offensive team desperate for some star power but having none of the cast needed to help him succeed.

Like the Jets. What do you think the Ravens would have done to Moss last evening, knowing that Sanchez couldn't get him the ball anyway? They would have pounded him all night long at the line and in the secondary while Sanchez was throwing his stupid swing passes behind the line of scrimmage.

Moss has it really great in New England and has the potential to end up with Jerry Rice numbers.

Huh, what? I think you think the opposite of what was said was said ;) The entire point is that Moss WANTS to stay here.

Huh, what? I think you think the opposite of what was said was said ;) The entire point is that Moss WANTS to stay here.

goheels is a 5 cents short of a dime in the mental compartment. Can't expect much out of him.

Randy Moss did not get where he is alone and he would do well to start talking about the opportunity he has with New England with a QB that trusts him for every kind of route and a complementary receiving corps that allows him to be single covered most of the time..

Seriously? Have you even watched any Patriots games in the last 4 years? Randy Moss is almost NEVER single covered.

And its absolutely ludicrous to think that Randy Moss hasn't made as much difference on Brady's stats as Brady has on his.

I think what he said in the press conference and what he said in the interview are exactly the same thing.

I think he's looked around and realized that this is the best situation for him. He likes the coach and the QB. He's definitely been a better NFL citizen since he's been here. Also, of course, we're the only team that can negotiate with him right now and I'm sure he'd like

My hunch is that he viewed the post-game press conference differently from how we did. I think he's largely tone deaf and had no idea that the presser would get the reaction it did. I think his intention was exactly what he said -- to make it known that he still wants to play, that he wants to play here, that he really wants a contract here, that he's disappointed that he doesn't have one yet, but that he's not going to be a distraction. For whatever reason, he needed to "get that out there" to make himself feel better.

You'd think given his constant sense of amazement at how what he says gets twisted to mean not what he claims he intended, he'd have the awareness to just stop talking. But that's not our Randy. Somewhere, he's missing that little bit of self-awareness.

My hunch is that he viewed the post-game press conference differently from how we did. I think he's largely tone deaf and had no idea that the presser would get the reaction it did. I think his intention was exactly what he said -- to make it known that he still wants to play, that he wants to play here, that he really wants a contract here, that he's disappointed that he doesn't have one yet, but that he's not going to be a distraction. For whatever reason, he needed to "get that out there" to make himself feel better.

You'd think given his constant sense of amazement at how what he says gets twisted to mean not what he claims he intended, he'd have the awareness to just stop talking. But that's not our Randy. Somewhere, he's missing that little bit of self-awareness.

The problem is, its just him that this happens to. If Tom Brady had come out and said exactly the same thing, it would be a huge media event, but it wouldn't be centered on Brady being a "malcontent" or anything along those lines.

For some reason, the media here has decided that they need to paint Moss in as poor of a light as possible, despite the fact that hes been basically a model player since he showed up.

You know how some contracts have a clause in where if a player meets certain criteria then a money increase is in order.

I say Kraft tells Moss if he can grab 17 or more TDs and gain over 1,300 yards this season he is guaranteed a generous offer to remain a Patriot and an offer that is not going to be outbid and do it by season's end.

That would keep him motivated and quiet to the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down