PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss & Stallworth together on the field's impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait wait wait, can I be the one that says it? Can I? Can I?

There is no way Randy Moss makes this team.

Cool - so that's what it feels like!

PFnV

Well played, indeed.

PFnV

wow you must be one smart cookie.
Why, if you were GMing the pats you could have told BB that Moss wasn't going to make the club. So then we wouldn't have had had to waste a perfectly good 4th round pick!

Well played.
When I become an nfl owner I'll look to you to act as my GM given your foresight in this matter.
thanks.

Are you serious??? I can't believe you actually think this.

Last edited:
wow you must be one smart cookie.
Why, if you were GMing the pats you could have told BB that Moss wasn't going to make the club. So then we wouldn't have had had to waste a perfectly good 4th round pick!

Well played.
When I become an nfl owner I'll look to you to act as my GM given your foresight in this matter.
thanks.

Are you serious??? I can't believe you actually think this.

It's an old joke.

World class sprinters run 40s in the 4.3-4.4 range (an analysis of Olympic-winning 100m dash sprinters showed splits from 4.29-4.38), but they lose .1-.2 because the timing begins at the sound of the gun, versus in NFL testing when the timing is triggered by movement off the blocks.

So, yes, the most elite sprinters in the world could run in the 4.1 area, or possibly closer to 4-even in an NFL combine setting. With a full running start, a guy like Carl Lewis probably could have ran 40 yards closer to 3 seconds at his peak.

Wow, Carl Lewis could have ran a 40 in around 3 seconds? maybe somebody like the Dallas Cowboys should have drafted him back in the day! hahaha :)

Combine and Pro Day are different things. Pro Days are held at the schools, and they can typically tweak the environment so that it is ideal and maximizes the times for their players.

I love your sig!!! Dread the patriots indeed! :rocker: :rocker:

Wow, Carl Lewis could have ran a 40 in around 3 seconds? maybe somebody like the Dallas Cowboys should have drafted him back in the day! hahaha :)

Naah. He would probably run a sub 4.0 40 IF he had a running start. That's a lot different from a standing start or a start off the blocks as the guy is already going at full speed when the clock starts. I could easily see a sprinter saving over half a second in the running start scenario.

I think Lewis (in his prime) would have probably threatened to get into the sub 4.1 range though using combine timing methods.

Last edited:

He was also picked by the Bulls in the NBA Draft the same year they drafted Michael Jordan.

Oh, the days when every sports' draft had 10+ rounds.

PFnV

There is just far too much talent on the roster for him to get by at his age. No way it happens.

Using Moss & Stallworth in the way I detailed would cause the most havoc on opposing offenses.

So before preaching to me about understanding the Patriots system you need to first understand it's about creating mismatches and take advantage of weaknesses in the defense.

Moss and Stallworth accomplish this as I have detailed.
I never said they would both always be on the field together.
I merely pointed out that both of them used together in this capacity would lead to huge issues for a defense.

Running the offense you proposed would be good and I'm sure they will do it, but to simply label moss & stallworth as deep guys only is a shortcoming in strategy and makes things a lot easier on defenses.

You are both correct. Stallworth and Moss will platoon to stay fresh and fast - and Stallworth and Moss will be on the field at the same time in multple WR sets.

Unless there's some rule banning BB from doing both, I think he'll have all those lineups and more depending on the situation - why wouldn't he?

I'm waiting for the first time they go 5 wide with Moss, Stallworth, Watson Welker and Maroney.......How would you like to be the Defensive coordinator scheming against that? Pass the maalox.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down