PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss Jersey Number? [mergedx7]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Moss Jersey #?

Gostowski!

You know what? I really wish I could lie and say that I was hoping he'd buy the number from Gost, or that it was the Tylenol PM affecting me or whatever other excuse I could come up with, but honestly I dont have one. WTF is wrong with me? I cant believe I missed that and thankyou very much for slammin me down:) Ouch, I'll hate myself for that one for a very long long time. LOL! :bricks:

Re: Moss Jersey #?

4y6vg9h.jpg

Weird, that was my jersey number in high school :rolleyes:

Just kidding, of course.

What number will Moss wear?

Anyone heard anything? I see jerseys for sale at eBay with 00, but he's definitely not going to wear that.

Re: What number will Moss wear?

Anyone heard anything? I see jerseys for sale at eBay with 00, but he's definitely not going to wear that.

That's funny, before I looked, I had 00 inmy head. He sorta reminds me of The Chief.

I'm hoping he gives Brady some cash for his old "88""

He will wear the number we talked about in the 5 other threads about the same topic

He will wear the number we talked about in the 5 other threads about the same topic

Thanks a lot, pal. People like you are the reason I don't waste my day reading message boards anymore.

So I take it no one knows yet what number he'll wear...

Thanks a lot, pal. People like you are the reason I don't waste my day reading message boards anymore.

no, no one knows what number he will wear just yet, and whatever number he is given now may not be permanent until after TC, because several players will have every number with some having dupes.
When they get cut and the official 53 man roster is to be posted I think his permanent number will be revealed then, so hang tight on getting that jersey for now...

PD.

My guess is he flips the #18 & goes with #81. A fresh start for Randy needs a fresh #.

Sorry, you caught me in one of my vicious morning hangovers. To be more specific towards your question check out the analysis pats1 did. Most people think when Smith gets cut moss will take 81:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showpost.php?p=417078&postcount=18

I think we care alot more than Moss does. He's never worn the same number with any team he's played on.

#83 in high school
#88 at Marshall
#84 on the Vikings
#18 on the Raiders

Last edited:

Sorry, you caught me in one of my vicious morning hangovers. To be more specific towards your question check out the analysis pats1 did. Most people think when Smith gets cut moss will take 81:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showpost.php?p=417078&postcount=18

Why is Johnathan Smith still on the team??? cut him now, give Brady 81, and Moss 88.. Im sure the people who are making the jersey need to know for the demand of his jersey..

Yes.

This has already been discussed in 5 other threads, which I have all merged together for everyone's convenience.

His number will be released sometime soon. The rookies' numbers will be released tomorrow before the start of rookie camp, so Moss' might too at that time.

And believe me, the universe won't be torn in half between now and the time it's released.

Then why bother asking at all.

Yes.

This has already been discussed in 5 other threads, which I have all merged together for everyone's convenience.

His number will be released sometime soon. The rookies' numbers will be released tomorrow with the start of rookie camp, so Moss' might too at that time.

And believe me, the universe won't be torn in half between now and the time it's released.
I feel sorry for you Pats1.

Your going to have to merge 638 threads about who has what number and does it look "tight" on a player or should player x buy player y's number.

Good luck!

Moss Jersey Number

My Brother-in-law told me that he's heard Moss will wear #11 this season. Has this been stated anywhere else?

I can't believe that the Patriots would allow Randy Moss to wear Drew's number. I, for one, would not be a fan of it! I am very excited to see Moss in uniform, just not #11.

My Brother-in-law has been known to share misinformation in the past.

Thoughts?

Re: Moss Jersey Number

I say he will end up wearing #88, his old college number. He will work out a deal with Kyle Brady.

I say he will end up wearing #88, his old college number. He will work out a deal with Kyle Brady.

Maybe he gets 88 from Kyle, but I'm not sure about that.

Kyle is the senior player of the two, can't get 80 (his old number in Jax), and he could have taken 81 but didn't (had that number with the Jets, and at Penn State). I also think Brady might have put on number 88 before, but I can't remember for sure.

I think it's more likely Moss wears 89, 81, or maybe 82.

I thought the NFL tightened up the rules on numbering a couple of years ago and wrs who don't already have a number that low can't get a number that isn't in the wr range (somewhere up in 80s).

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes