PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mortenson mentions "BB popping loose from New England"

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW Felger just asked Josh Miller about this and said he's not going anyplace, that it was a bunch of bull.

If you really want to find out the inside scoop, always ask the punter.:singing:

Bella*chick said:
ROFLMAO!!!!:rocker:

Call me stupid, a lot of people have, but what does ROFLMAO stand for?:eek:

I assume you weren't swearing at me.

I'm guessing it means rolling on floor laughing my ass off. Just a guess

PATSNUTme said:
Call me stupid, a lot of people have, but what does ROFLMAO stand for?:eek:

I assume you weren't swearing at me.
LOL, of course not, NUT!

It means, "rolling on the floor laughing my a** off"

It's a good thing!!!:)

Bella*chick said:
LOL, of course not, NUT!

It means, "rolling on the floor laughing my a** off"

It's a good thing!!!:)

Thanks. You do learn something every day or in my case 100 things.

Actually Mortensen was just on with Mike Felger on ESPN Boston radio and did say when he talked to Jimmy Johnson about the coaching job in Houston he refused and told McNair to wait for one of the good head coaches who might pop loose and specifically named Bill Belichick and someone else. When asked if Bill was actually named Mortensen said yes. Apparently Johnson and Belichick are very good friends so who knows if there's already been talk between them? When Miller was asked if he thought Bill was leaving, he said of course not.

Wow that adds a new dimension..I know BB and JJ are friends. That's a little scary...

Oh, my freaking word.

There's just no talking to some people. There just isn't.

Face it. You think you're being intelligent, you think you're being perceptive, but what you're really being is a bunch of gullible fools with vivid imaginations. I can't take it, sincerely I can't.

The Best Team? No question.

The Best Fans? My *ss.

Last edited:
Ummm...wow that was a little over the top don't you think ?

KDPpatsfan said:
Ummm...wow that was a little over the top don't you think ?
All due respect to you my friend, but check the page count on this thread. EIGHT PAGES. On what, exactly? Something that was said on ESPN. E-S-P-N. The Clown College.

The team is just starting to play great. They've got two important games ahead of them (important in the sense that they must continue honing their game for the playoffs), and then a home playoff game on the weekend of January 7-8. And instead of being happy with that and talking about that, we're eight pages into this crap.

Yes, I could ignore it. But it seems to me that this is too good of a resource to waste on this kind of childish crap. It really bothers me to see the complete absence of any critical thinking at all. That people don't instantly recognize that Bill Belichick isn't Bill Parcells, and that 2005 isn't 1996. It really bothers me that this thread didn't fizzle out after two posts. Something shiny pops up, and the majority runs to it in awe. Its just depressing, is all.

Last edited:
Pats67 said:
All due respect to you my friend, but check the page count on this thread. EIGHT PAGES. On what, exactly? Something that was said on ESPN. E-S-P-N. The Clown College.

Do what I do... change your page settings to 20 posts per page instead of the default 10 per page, then this nonsense only takes up 4 pages instead of 8.

:D

Pats67...read my posts in this thread..I am very objective. You must admit though the fact that JJ is the one who mentioned it bears monitoring.

KDPpatsfan said:
Pats67...read my posts in this thread..I am very objective. You must admit though the fact that JJ is the one who mentioned it bears monitoring.

That is what worries me, that a FRIEND of his said this.......and we all know how tight lipped BB is about everything. JJ was here last week to interview BB for his Fox show. It is not beyond reason to think the two of them had some time alone to talk.

Also, the fact that Felger has picked this up and asked two separate people about that quote means something as well.

As for Pats67....unless you are Bill Belichick himself or have other "inside" information that could resolve this debate, it will most likely continue. We are not talking about some bit player in the Patriots equation, we are talking about the mastermind who set this dynasty in motion!

Pats67 said:
is it too late to mention that we've spent four pages discussing a 'rumor' (and all the possible permutations of it) that started because somebody half-heard something (and started threads on two different Pats boards despite not hearing clearly what was said and in what context)?
I agree, Pats67. I started this thread (and one on KFFL) and all I did was ask if anybody else heard what Mortenson said. (And he did say the words "a Bill Belichick popping loose in New England".) All I wanted was an answer to my question. All of this speculation and discussion as to whether he might or might not ever leave is amazing, but is quite far afield from the question I asked.

KDPpatsfan said:
if for some reson BB did not return following 2006, I bet I know who Kraft would make a very very hard push for... I'll give you a hint: He currently makes his living wearing a shamrock on his sweatshirts. Wies Reunited w/ Brady? Hmmm...

Not saying I want BB to leave God forbid but Ol' Chuck would be a logical choice

KDP -
Weis just signed a 10 year, 30 million deal to stay with the Irish. I don't think he is planning on going anywhere. In fact, he's said that he'll leave the Irish only to retire.

Now, that could change, but I find it highly doubtful.

I hear you DaBruinz but frankly that is the only person who could take over the Pats who wouldn't completely make me vomit in my mouth!
I mean seriously..who else could take over that wouldn't make us terrified.

Felger today says :
Only two people know for certain what Belichick’s contract status is — he and owner Robert Kraft.

And the last time they let anyone know about it was during the 2003 training camp when they announced Belichick’s two-year extension (agreed to a full year before) through the 2006 season.

The ensuing silence started to generate some speculation.

However, the clear impression of some insiders is that Belichick and Kraft hammered out another extension and just haven’t announced it. Again, no one knows how long it runs for, but a good guess would be through the 2008 season. According to author David Halberstam, the length of personnel director Scott Pioli’s new deal — his old one was set to expire this spring — is three years.

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=118060&format=&page=3

KDPpatsfan said:
No, it doesn't. You have to ask yourself - if Jimmy Johnson of Fox Sports had heard directly from the coach of the NEP that there was the possibility that he would be 'popping loose' from his contract at the end of this season, that would be the biggest story in the entire league, wouldn't it? Maybe even in all of professional sports. After all, this is the world famous coach of three NFL champions in this decade, and additionally, the organization that has become known as one of sport's best, because in part of the effective working relationship between the coach and the owner. So wouldn't it be about the biggest news going if it was discovered that there was a potential fracture in this relationship, and that the best coach in football is planning to be a free agent soon?

Then WHY did Jimmy not lead HIS OWN program Sunday with the news? Or Saturday, when the Patriots were appearing on his very own network? WHY did he instead give it to Chris Mortenson of a rival network? And then the rical network tucks this little nugget on its MNF program, instead of its Sunday shows?

Like I said, before jumping off a cliff, doesn't it make sense to ask yourself some basic questions first?

The most frustrating thing for me is that after the job this guy has done for us, particularly in this, his most difficult season, this is how we the fans reward him. By grabbing a piece of half-heard information and assuming the worst and taking it upon ourselves to go on and on about his motivations like he's that friggin flighty headcase Bill Parcells while he's down in Foxboro getting our team ready for the playoffs. Nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots