PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Monday 8/12 Patriots Training Camp Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope hes not leveling off.

I mean, it was bound to happen, because it sounded like he was on fire during the early portions of camp and he's never really shown to be that kind of player. We knew he'd come back to Earth, we just hope that Earth is in the 4/5 WR range.

Thankfully, Meyer's rise has coincided very nicely with Harris' dip, so we're still more or less where we were. Four deep with Edelman, Dorsett, Meyers, and Harry (assuming the injury doesn't linger). Harris could still make a move, Inman could bounce back, or Berrios could surprise and win the #5 gig.

Was glad Collins returned and viewed him as a “piece” to be deployed / no risk $... might need to change my viewpoint as everything is trending towards : awesome, key pickup.

Dawson still have Three Games to show he has Second Round Talent.:rolleyes:

Harry's absence hurts me deep

Hard to believe, but I agree. I’d say it’s more of a “there’s so much talent on D this year” than anything. There were years he’d be given another shot, but who do you cut in 2019 to keep a struggling player ?
I dunna know. He is not helping himself at all.

If he was a UFA he'd be gone.

eeeh, Ill be alright if he shows a 7th round talent from another team

I feel like at this point, unless Dawson suddenly develops some invaluable ST talent, he's going to have a hard time cracking this group. Even if he was having a good camp (which he is clearly not), it was going to take a great one to beat out the talent and experience at this position.

At this point I’m calling Meyers as a starting wr. He has made me forget the disappointment of not drafting Stanley Morgan jr.

I mean, it was bound to happen, because it sounded like he was on fire during the early portions of camp and he's never really shown to be that kind of player. We knew he'd come back to Earth, we just hope that Earth is in the 4/5 WR range.

Thankfully, Meyer's rise has coincided very nicely with Harris' dip, so we're still more or less where we were. Four deep with Edelman, Dorsett, Meyers, and Harry (assuming the injury doesn't linger). Harris could still make a move, Inman could bounce back, or Berrios could surprise and win the #5 gig.
Yea I guess we all have high hopes for players who didn't shine in other stops but once they put on the Flying Elvis become rock-solid players.

I still think Harris has the potential to be a decent WR4/5 but the problem is he is behind JE, Harry, Meyers and Dorsett. He might even be behind Berrios as he does not return punts.

I feel like at this point, unless Dawson suddenly develops some invaluable ST talent, he's going to have a hard time cracking this group. Even if he was having a good camp (which he is clearly not), it was going to take a great one to beat out the talent and experience at this position.

Maybe we should put one of our NT's or OT's at WR so Dawson can win a rep...it seems like he's still on the schneid.:D

Yea I guess we all have high hopes for players who didn't shine in other stops but once they put on the Flying Elvis become rock-solid players.

I still think Harris has the potential to be a decent WR4/5 but the problem is he is behind JE, Harry, Meyers and Dorsett. He might even be behind Berrios as he does not return punts.

That's my thought too. Right now on my Pats Picker I still have him as the WR5, but I always seem to under-estimate the number of ST only players that BB likes to keep, and I've already been building my roster without Hoyer (mostly just to see what kind of flexibility that allows elsewhere, not because I think they're planning on that). If a group of Slater, Bolden, Sam, King, Crossen, and Brooks isn't enough for primarily ST players, then Harris might lose out to a Berrios, or because they chose to carry Ebner or Simon in place of a 5th WR.

Meyers will end training camp as the leading WR in targets, receptions & catch rate. Any comparisons to Carr, Harper, etc. are lazy. He’s either for real or will be KT 2.0.

Meyers will end training camp as the leading WR in targets, receptions & catch rate. Any comparisons to Carr, Harper, etc. are lazy. He’s either for real or will be KT 2.0.

This is 100% hindsight for me, because I bought into the Thompkins hype as well, but Meyers looks smoother to me. Everything seems a little more natural. I think he'll be better, but I've been wrong before... you know, once or twice...

Dorsett needs to make more plays...I don't see him as a starter if his current streak continues. He needs to be more consistent on the field his disappearing act for stretches is getting annoying.

Dorsett needs to make more plays...I don't see him as a starter if his current streak continues. He needs to be more consistent on the field his disappearing act for stretches is getting annoying.

I don't necessarily think he needs to be a starter, but I guess it depends on what the default formation is. I see the WR position as Edelman being the clear #1, and then Harry (when healthy), Meyers, and Dorsett being a combined #2 and #3. I think Dorsett can be just fine in a limited role, where he's a vet in this offense (by comparison) who Brady trusts to be where he's supposed to be.

Nothing would make me more upset that hearing Jakobi Meyers mentioning Hoyer in HOF Induction speech.:mad: Talking about that's how it all started.:D

Might as well start polishing the bust now for Meyers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes