PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mo Wilkerson just cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's going to want stupid money. Can't see him being here personally, but wouldnt complain if he did.

I don’t imagine his attitude is something that the team is looking for in the wake of reports of potential instability behind the scenes, but there’s no questioning his pure talent. He’ll likely want more than the Pats are comfortable with giving, however.

He's going to want stupid money. Can't see him being here personally, but wouldnt complain if he did.

I'd rather sign Dontari Poe if they were going to spend that kind of money.

We can't afford him.

Having said that, my God would he be an insane addition if Bill could reel him in.

He wouldn't be playing under the Jets salary. Everyone knows he's already made his peak money, so it's just a matter if him wanting to a chance to win. He's more of a 3-4 DE, and we use that kind of D here.

I would be on the phone right now gauging his interest.

He won't get prime money at his age.

While the age is slightly different and Michael Bennett being more of a 4-3 guy, I would still make the calls and see where everything is money-wise.

Knowing that the person (not the player) and money aren’t good fits here, where does everyone think he might sign or garner some interest?

If he was a younger player, he might have been well served to look for a one year deal. Unfortunately for those who'd like to see him in New England, he'll be 29 next year, so he'll likely be looking for something with more long term financial security, and (I'm guessing) BB's probably not going to be ready to offer both years and dollars to an outside guy with Wilkerson's recent history.

If he was a younger player, he might have been well served to look for a one year deal. Unfortunately for those who'd like to see him in New England, he'll be 29 next year, so he'll likely be looking for something with more long term financial security, and (I'm guessing) BB's probably not going to be ready to offer both years and dollars to an outside guy with Wilkerson's recent history.

Likely but i think teams will be weary of giving him a long term deal. He hasn't exactly been the same player he was in 2015. We will see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back