PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

MNF: Sacrificial Lambs vs. Wayward Goats

I was being more ironic than serious. But I do think Brady would be faring better in Tampa under stronger coaching. Tom's a victim of his own over-reaching ambition and has been given too long a leash.
Me too...definitely. Honestly, I’ve been a little disappointed in McDaniels. Yesterday was screaming for a couple QB draws when the kept blitzing. 3 carries isn’t enough. But Josh is a perfect fit with TB. So yes I do believe they probably both would be better fits in the others “system”. Who gets the weapons?...lol

Because rushing TDs count less? I know all the differences but the way Cam is described here, he is 95% of the problem with this team. Just pointing out that TB has had his “bad” games too. And having maybe too much fun with it.
Okay our current QB has 13 TD's total. Brady had 27 last year and now has 28 total in 10 games this year. Happy?

I think what he’s asking is why they gave him credit for the completion.

No idea.

According to the rulebook, they shouldn't have, but I'm not a pro when it comes to rule interpretation.

Well, 360+ more passes helps. But how can a awful QB have 8% higher comp % than the GOAT? 1.1 more YPA? Like I said, this is tongue and cheek.

I expected more from a vet of NFL General on Footballs Future

Ok, so I just watched the replay & it wasn't that dumb of a decision. The Rams actually did a really good job of baiting Brady.

So, it's HOSS & the Rams rotate the SS, post-snap, to the strong side. Brady thinks he's getting a 1-on-1 against the Defender....but the FS flat-out-sprinted all the way over from the far side to get the INT.

Good to know it wasn't Brady's fault.

Well at least Brady now has the TD record again and with Brees's health maybe it's his to stay for now.

Okay our current QB has 13 TD's total. Brady had 27 last year and now has 28 total in 10 games this year. Happy?

Brady would have maybe 15 TDs in our offense and people would be complaining that he "doesn't have weapons." :rolleyes:

• Agree
Reactions: jah
Brady would have maybe 15 TDs in our offense and people would be complaining that he "doesn't have weapons." :rolleyes:
Brady has 9 INTs now. That's already more than he had all of last season with a sub par offense. On pace for 13 which is one off his career high.

Like I said I don't think it's a given anymore that this is a playoff team if Brady had stayed here. Definitely best for him that he went elsewhere.

Yes I understand what the rulebook says. I think everyone on this forum knows that rule. That's why they threw the flag. But the penalty was declined so the play stands as it played out.

Uhhhhh, no. Just no. Whether or not a pass crosses the LOS is not how a forward pass is defined.

Not true. They gave Tampa Bay the yardage they got from the Evans reception. It was an 8 yard gain for the Buccaneers. Even Boger said "the result of the play is a completed catch."

The rule I'm thinking of is:

An illegal forward pass is also defined as:

Article 2, item 1 (b) A second forward pass thrown from behind the line of scrimmage.

So based on that interpretation, there's no way Boger should have ever said that the play resulted in a completed catch. It should by definition be an incompletion.

The rule I'm thinking of is:

An illegal forward pass is also defined as:

Article 2, item 1 (b) A second forward pass thrown from behind the line of scrimmage.

So based on that interpretation, there's no way Boger should have ever said that the play resulted in a completed catch. It should by definition be an incompletion.
The penalty was declined.. There are a lot of things that are illegal in football..... holding, pass interference, chop blocks, and 2 forward passes on one play. That’s why the refs throw those yellow flags all over the place.

But if you do something illegal and get flagged, and the other team declines the penalty then whatever illegal activity that happened in the play gets disregarded and all parties get credit for what happened, be it yards gained or a turnover or sack or whatever took place.

The Rams were total morons for declining it. It was 3rd and 10. Brady was 8 yards behind the LOS when he made that second throw. It would have been 5 yards from the spot and a loss of down, resulting in 4th and 23. Instead they gained 8 yards resulting in 4th and 2. That’s a difference of 21 yards.

EDIT: And now a little something from the "you learn something new everyday" department.... to quote Fonzie, "I was wruh-wruh-wruhhhhhhhh.... wrong." A second forward pass thrown from behind the LOS is indeed a penalty but NOT a loss of down. So the Rams had 2 choices: Decline the penalty and set up 4th and 2 (which is what they did) or accept the penalty and set up 3rd and 23. That's a lot of yardage to give up, but since it set up 4th down, their decision makes sense.

Last edited:
The penalty was declined.. There are a lot of things that are illegal in football..... holding, pass interference, chop blocks, and 2 forward passes on one play. That’s why the refs throw those yellow flags all over the place.

But if you do something illegal and get flagged, and the other team declines the penalty then whatever illegal activity that happened in the play gets disregarded and all parties get credit for what happened, be it yards gained or a turnover or sack or whatever took place.

The Rams were total morons for declining it. It was 3rd and 10. Brady was 8 yards behind the LOS when he made that second throw. It would have been 5 yards from the spot and a loss of down, resulting in 4th and 23. Instead they gained 8 yards resulting in 4th and 2. That’s a difference of 21 yards.

EDIT: And now a little something from the "you learn something new everyday" department.... to quote Fonzie, "I was wruh-wruh-wruhhhhhhhh.... wrong." A second forward pass thrown from behind the LOS is indeed a penalty but NOT a loss of down. So the Rams had 2 choices: Decline the penalty and set up 4th and 2 (which is what they did) or accept the penalty and set up 3rd and 23. That's a lot of yardage to give up, but since it set up 4th down, their decision makes sense.

Correct, it was never a loss of down.

And it should have never been ruled a completed catch. But that's Boger for you.

Kind of disappointing (to me anyway) that he heads right for the locker and doesn't shake the other guy's hand after a loss.
There was a time when nobody shook hands after games. That includes the greatest, most respected coaches and players of all time. At one point, there was even a movement to ban the handshakes and meetings at midfield after games.

I'd rather see players skip the handshakes than have orchestrated, multiple player celebrations after making routine plays that are part of their job description. That, and rubbing it in the faces of opponents by standing over them after a play, seems more disrespectful to me.

If I were a player now I'd let everyone know before the game that I wouldn't be shaking their hand after the game, win or lose. I don't think coaches have that option now though. The mediots want to get a shot of the animosity and the NYFL obliges.

Not sure Tom does more than a 1 and done this season. Not impressed with the Bucs overall. They seem to struggle quite a bit and lack consistency. This was a big game at home on national TV and he lost yet again. 2x to the Saints. Once to Nick Foles and lost the revenge game against the Rams.

The receiver ran the wrong route. Brady needs help.

Am I doing this right?

Yep. He has no weapons. He should be looking to go elsewhere because he can't win with the weapons he has there.

Thats more like it. Now its a bit strong, but I was told it was going to be '07 all over again and watch out NFL.

Good to know it wasn't Brady's fault.
It was. He overthrew Brate into Fuller’s hands. He didn’t read the robber. He stared at Brate from catch to release.

Not sure Tom does more than a 1 and done this season. Not impressed with the Bucs overall. They seem to struggle quite a bit and lack consistency. This was a big game at home on national TV and he lost yet again. 2x to the Saints. Once to Nick Foles and lost the revenge game against the Rams.

It depends on what seed they are and whom they play. As the 5 seed (probably unlikely since it would most likely go to LAR or Seattle), they would get the NFCE team, which they should beat for the most part (with the exception of possibly a feisty NYG team). As the 6 seed, they would get a rematch with either LAR or GB or play against Seattle. I'm not sure I like their chances against any of these teams.

Just watched the Brady lowlights. 2 picks. He lost the game. You can't really play defense in the NFL anymore. Your offense needs to get the job done. Plenty of time for the game tying FG and he threw and AWFUL pick. I hope he is having fun in Tampa. Might have been better to retire on top after the SB win. He is still good but not quite good enough to carry his team to victory in these big games. It might get ugly in KC next week...

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back