PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

MNF: 12/14 Ratbirds vs. Browns

Dude **** the Ravens.

Lamar "The Truth" Jackson, minus the wheelchair.

Only the Browns would give up a safety on the last play of the game to let their opponent cover.

Mayfield played his heart out, but I just couldn’t shake that Jackson would torch Cleveland on the last drive. So many games the team with the last possession wins. I miss a good defensive football game :/

The AFC is just so competitive this year. Chiefs, Steelers, Bills, Titans, Browns, Ravens, Colts, Dolphins. All of those teams have at least one pretty strong aspect to their game. That certainly didn’t help the Pats cause this year.

Did I call it or what?? The always predictable "Squat & Pee" defense comes through with another patented loss.

The AFC is just so competitive this year. Chiefs, Steelers, Bills, Titans, Browns, Ravens, Dolphins. All of those teams have at least one pretty strong aspect to their game. That certainly didn’t help the Pats cause this year

"OK defense...Lamar is throwing exclusively to the middle of the field....make sure you all run to cover the sidelines...."

that D co-ordinator should be on a bus back to Towson St. right now, IMO

"OK defense...Lamar is throwing exclusively to the middle of the field....make sure you all run to cover the sidelines...."

that D co-ordinator should be on a bus back to Towson St. right now, IMO
You forgot the 2nd half of the defensive strategy. Mark Andrews is the Raven's leading receiver in these situations so WHATEVER YOU DO DON'T COVER HIM. Let him run free across the middle of the field.

these 2 teams are for real and the Pats game was just a bad weather fluke - Pats aren't in same conversation w Baltimore. there's a ton of good football teams in the AFC and it looks like it'll be that way for awhile. KC, Baltimore, Cleveland, Tennessee, Buffalo all have game breakers on at least 1 side of the ball. Compare that 2 the Pats - doesn't compare well. Bill the GM has a TON of work of work to do....

So this is what it feels like to root for the Browns. Yuck.

Only the Browns would give up a safety on the last play of the game to let their opponent cover.
Vegas had the spread perfect at +3 Cleveland.

There is your New NFL in a nut shell. No defense allowed. Last team to touch the ball wins. Coming soon to a Super Bowl near you...
Just the way the NFL planned it.

Lots of scoring and believe it or not, fantasy football has a hand in this. Lots of women have become interested in the NFL just because of fantasy football. Sounds ridiculous, but its true. The NFL wants lots of scoring.

What a nice, inclusive commercial that just was by The Gap. I think every single race known to man was represented. Equal parts men and women as well. Some children sprinkled in there.
It's funny that you bring that up. My wife, who hasn't a single racist bone in her body, was just telling me that she was thinking of writing to People magazine. She had just read a third article that capitalized the B in Black man/woman but not the W in white man/woman.

• Wow!
Reactions: jah
This proves that a RB can play QB and still beat the Browns.

I've been thinking.... there's gotta be a better way to do the final play, end of game, desperation laterals.... you're not exactly worried about blocking anyone.... everyone is eligible to catch a lateral..... I'm thinking use all WR's and RB's instead of wasting spaces with a QB and 5 linemen..... linemen are beyond useless on that play.

5 of the guys would have to declare themselves ineligible and hold off from moving downfield to start the play, but that would go out the window as soon as you throw the requisite 7 yard pass to get things rolling.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back