Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
The Tale of Tom Brady and Johnny Foxborough | The MMQB with Peter King

A brief excerpt:

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. — The Super Bowl MVPs were leaving the team cafeteria when Bill Belichick stopped them for an impromptu coaching moment that neither could have anticipated. This was during training camp in August 2005, six months after New England had won its third championship in four years.

Deion Branch, the MVP in Super Bowl 39, and Tom Brady, twice a Super Bowl MVP before him, had been connecting like never before. “For three days of practice, I think we got up to like 50-some completions,” Branch recalls.

Belichick took notice … and he didn’t like it.

Fantastic article. Seriously, read it.

(Even though, like so many brave souls before him, the writer failed at spelling Gene Mruczkowski. :p)

That's was a pretty damn good article.

good article,better qb and coach,but I am the best. Damn, I picked this team to root for ten yrs ago. Best decision ever

That's was a pretty damn good article.
tom-brady-randy-moss-2008-new-england-patriots.png

I like that shirt Randy's got on...

lots of good ones, but i liked this quote a lot, both thematically (take what they give) and the little rub at wes LOL

BRIAN HOYER, Brady’s back-up quarterback, 2009-11: “It was my second day there. The first team meeting after the first practice I was at. Bill is known for showing what we call the ‘lowlights’ of practice from the day before. I am not even sure what is going on. I come sit in the team meeting room and the lights go off and the film goes on. The first play is from the previous day’s practice, and it is Tom, and I remember this clear as day. He’s trying to throw a seam to [Wes] Welker 20 to 30 yards down the field. And the hitch route was open at five yards. Belichick was like, ‘Brady, how long have you been playing? And you’re trying to force the ball to this midget down the field, and the running back is wide open on a 5-yard hitch? It’s first down. Take the gain and move on.’ I . ..

I am not as good of an employee as Tom Brady. Man. I gotta step up my discipline and dependability.

It's a great article and the media morons (looking at you Steven A Smith) might learn a little bit about why the Patriots have so few fumbles if you read the parts about the QB-Center exchange.

It's a great article and the media morons (looking at you Steven A Smith) might learn a little bit about why the Patriots have so few fumbles if you read the parts about the QB-Center exchange.

^^^^^^^ This ^^^^^^^

There's a theme of chasing perfection, coupled with taking responsibility for your own performance.

Great article. Thanks for the link.
Hmmm...that reminds me of the show when I was a kid-Lancelot Link
th
We need him today on the case,
this time working for A.P.E. - the Alliance for the Patriots' Exoneration
...I think he's even wearing Billy Sullivan's hat

...in their ongoing conflict with the evil organization C.H.U.M.P. -
the Criminal Headquarters for the Underworld's Maligning of the Patriots.

th

CHUMP's monocled chief Baron von Roger will inevitably hatch the latest phony "scandal" to denigrate the Patriots before he visits Foxborough again.

Nice read.

FYI - Within this excellent story is a link to an SI article about Brady's relationships with his receivers from HS thru the pros. It was every bit as good as the OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case