PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Reiss Tweets regarding Easley Aug 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds good but I want to see him do that to someone other than Wendell and Connolly before I get too excited.

Same here. I'm as excited about Easley as anybody (ask mayoclinic and manx) but, to be fair, this guy...

Skinny+man+XSmall.jpg

...could probably get into the backfield one on one against Wendell.

Yes he did...and he said he had tangible intangibles.:eek:

I thought he was complaining about the breakfast buffet. He said that " Easily, the tangerines are inedible".

I'd really like to see Easley take on whatever turnstile that the Dolphins will line up at center in week 1.

Sounds good but I want to see him do that to someone other than Wendell and Connolly before I get too excited.
Consistent with making sure that good news around here must always be viewed with a jaundiced eye. And not intending to single you out as a downer, but I'm guessing Reiss was just pointing out a positive development against the opposition which was available today. I don't think it's cause to diminish what happened with Easley today. I was there and it was impressive.

Better than a negative report. Rookies, since Pioli left, seem to be doing well. I had been a Pioli supporter. Related ? Just 'luck of the draw' ? Who knows ? Just hoping the young defender is as productive as most 1st rounders in BB era have been.

Same here. I'm as excited about Easley as anybody (ask mayoclinic and manx) but, to be fair, this guy...

Skinny+man+XSmall.jpg

That guy really looks like he could lose another 1% of body fat and should bulk up with another 30 lbs of lean muscle put on from high-intensity work outs.

In fairness to Wendell, I think he's better than most team's subs/backups and just not quite good enough that he should be starting.

Last edited:
This is good news to be sure--can't wait to see him in action.

Better than a negative report. Rookies, since Pioli left, seem to be doing well. I had been a Pioli supporter. Related ? Just 'luck of the draw' ? Who knows ? Just hoping the young defender is as productive as most 1st rounders in BB era have been.
To Pioli's credit. Didn't he draft Houston 3rd and the poe 1st in Kansas who have become PB calibre players.

I'm just glad he's getting reps. I love this pick and think he can help them get pressure up front they need. I love the idea of a D-Line with Wilfork and Easely inside and Jones and Ninkovich outside

I'm just glad he's getting reps. I love this pick and think he can help them get pressure up front they need. I love the idea of a D-Line with Wilfork and Easely inside and Jones and Ninkovich outside

Concur. It's time to also start playing our defensive snaps in the other side's backfield for a change.

Skinny+man+XSmall.jpg

I didn't know you were a boxer Kontra. From the looks of it you have a promising career. :D

Start making the NFL HOF bust.

If you look at still pics of Easley on the snap, you notice that when he first makes contact with the opposition OL, the only other guy moving is the center, who still has the ball in his hands.

Easley and Clowney are going to have similar careers, I think - and if not for the ACLs, I think Easley would have gone VERY early in the draft. Our DL should get pressure - and it had better if we want to beat Denver this year with the new "get Peyton his glory season" rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down