PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike reilly signs with the bruins.

captain insano

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score

Nice sign, I guess. But it doesn't bring them any closer to a cup. They need to sign some dmen with some size and physicality to their game. Or come playoff time, they will suffer the same fate they did this year. They will get beat up and pushed around.

Last edited:
I would've like the contract better if it were for 2 years/$5M...So much for trying to acquire a Legit #1/2 LHD I guess...

The Bs now have enough smoothies on the defense: Reilly & Grizzle on the left, Charlie Mac & Cliffy on the right...We still need a couple of LH Crease-Clearers however, like Jared Tinordi, only better (Jeremy Lauzy would Not have counted), though I won't mind seeing Tinordi re-sign here as long as it's on a vet-minimum, two-way deal...

Looks like the #3LHD is Little Z's job to lose...Charmin-soft EuroTrash Urho would be the #4LHD in that scenario unless he has by some un-foreseen miracle a really strong camp to make Midget Matt expendable...We also still need at least one more top-8-calibre (at worst) RH Crease-Clearer to replace Kevin Miller.

I would've like the contract better if it were for 2 years/$5M...So much for trying to acquire a Legit #1/2 LHD I guess...

The Bs now have enough smoothies on the defense: Reilly & Grizzle on the left, Charlie Mac & Cliffy on the right...We still need a couple of LH Crease-Clearers however, like Jared Tinordi, only better (Jeremy Lauzy would Not have counted), though I won't mind seeing Tinordi re-sign here as long as it's on a vet-minimum, two-way deal...

Looks like the #3LHD is Little Z's job to lose...Charmin-soft EuroTrash Urho would be the #4LHD in that scenario unless he has by some un-foreseen miracle a really strong camp to make Midget Matt expendable...We also still need at least one more top-8-calibre (at worst) RH Crease-Clearer to replace Kevin Miller.
They basically chose to sign 2 at $3m each instead of 1 a $6m, and chose not to go for a full 4 years with Suter.

They basically chose to sign 2 at $3m each instead of 1 a $6m, and chose not to go for a full 4 years with Suter.

I would've just paid Tinordi the $900K the Rangers gave him and saved $2.1M...Lots of players signing for bargains, but Sweeney's paying retail prices for dudes with expiration dates a couple of seasons old...

I would've just paid Tinordi the $900K the Rangers gave him and saved $2.1M...Lots of players signing for bargains, but Sweeney's paying retail prices for dudes with expiration dates a couple of seasons old...
I'm sure that Sweeney has a plan, and that this is all part of forwarding that. But I'm not seeing what that plan is, and I really don't understand what he's doing with his goalies.

I'm sure that Sweeney has a plan, and that this is all part of forwarding that. But I'm not seeing what that plan is, and I really don't understand what he's doing with his goalies.

If healthy, Ullmark is an all-star candidate; but as I mentioned elsewhere, that's a big If...And that's also a big contract given the uncertainty...

Sweeney obviously didn't trust next season to the kids & a vet backup for Halak money...But that's exactly what I would've done.

Even better, instead of Halak, Sweeney could've signed Martin Jones or Braden Holtby to the $2M contracts they received elsewhere, and then with the $3M saved signed Real, younger talent instead of washed-up dudes like Foligno & Forbert for 150% of their actual value...

If healthy, Ullmark is an all-star candidate; but as I mentioned elsewhere, that's a big If...And that's also a big contract given the uncertainty...

Sweeney obviously didn't trust next season to the kids & a vet backup for Halak money...But that's exactly what I would've done.

Even better, instead of Halak, Sweeney could've signed Martin Jones or Braden Holtby to the $2M contracts they received elsewhere, and then with the $3M saved signed Real, younger talent instead of washed-up dudes like Foligno & Forbert for 150% of their actual value...
He's left the door open for a Rask return, and set up a situation where Swayman ends up in Providence. He also signed Ullman for 4 years rather then one or two. Unless Sweeney thinks the kid's not ready, and that he won't be ready for years, this doesn't make any sense.

He's left the door open for a Rask return, and set up a situation where Swayman ends up in Providence. He also signed Ullman for 4 years rather then one or two. Unless Sweeney thinks the kid's not ready, and that he won't be ready for years, this doesn't make any sense.

It doesn't really make much sense, but this is Don Sweeney we're talking about, so...

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back