PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Mayock releases Top 100 Prospects...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think we draft Lauletta. Reminds me of Jimmy G and some time under Josh will produce a pretty good QB IMO

I'd be a lot more interested to know BB's top 20.

I still think we draft Lauletta. Reminds me of Jimmy G and some time under Josh will produce a pretty good QB IMO

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them take Lauletta if he doesn't get grabbed too early. I also wouldn't be completely surprised to see them take a late round flyer on Ferguson.

I like Mayock, Daniel Jeremiah, Joel Klatt and Todd McShay. I mightn't always agree with them but it's obvious that they do their homework, watch tape and form their own opinions.

Bucky Brooks also does his homework, but he's just always horribly wrong about everything.

Mel Kiper Jr is a fraud. A snake oil salesman, who passes off other people's opinions as his own, but doesn't even have the work ethic to read past people's top 100 lists. Once it gets to the late 4th round Kiper has absolutely nothing to contribute, while Mayock is still waxing poetic about 7th round draftees. Bill Tobin called it many years ago, but somehow Kiper still maintains some sort of mythical draft authority persona...

Daniel Jeremiah and Dane Brugler are probably the two I pay most attention to.

I feel like a lot of these guys construct a board the way they feel guys will be drafted not what they see with the actual player.

I guess giving a player a lower grade than is commonly accepted and then having him drafted higher makes them look bad.

Personally I feel it's a bad way to go about it. If you do that you are trying to rate guys by the how high they would be on the teams board who likes them the most. Not what you actually believe they are.
You nailed it. Kiper & Mike are 100% more concerned about where a player will go draft and don't care at all about the future.

I respect the hell out them. At the same time I don't think their any better than the 5-10 best draftniks I & others know.

Kiper busts his ass and does his analysis. People just insist on trying to judge him on something he's not actually doing. When it comes to analyzing college players and projecting them to the NFL, everyone is wrong more than they are right.

You ever noticed that Kiper has next to no nfl personnel contacts?

Everybody else knows guys that work for nfl teams, except Kiper.

The only thing Mel Kiper knows is how to keep that rug in place. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back