PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Lombardi Thinks Belichick Could Go Elsewhere, Status Beyond Sunday in Question?

I called this Kraft won’t tolerate international embarrassment.

I don't see them moving on during the season, but I could be wrong. I think Mayo's up next with Josh as his OC eventually.

It’s Volin. He’s probably using you as his source.

My main reaction to it all ... conundrums aside ...
To me he has lost the locker room. Coaches almost always get canned for that ...
excellent coaches at that ... happens in hockey regularly ... Guys are playing for each other IMO.
Something isn't right in the locker room and on draft night. But we can still breath easy because Kraft has had discussions about potentially moving on from Bill. I'll believe that when I see it.

Bill isn’t getting another coaching job imo. Once he’s done here that’s it.

I can definitely see the league hiring him in some capacity though if Kraft doesn’t keep him in the organization.

Bill isn’t getting another coaching job imo. Once he’s done here that’s it.

I can definitely see the league hiring him in some capacity though if Kraft doesn’t keep him in the organization.
To me Bill is the type of guy who would absolutely love to stick it to Kraft if he got fired and rush to a team like the Chargers and win there to make Kraft look like he made a mistake.

If Bill does go, either in-season or after the season, the next coach and front office are definitely sitting pretty as far as building a team. High draft pick plus copious cap space. They can start over at QB and attempt the patented “get a good QB on a rookie contract and then use all the saved cap on expensive pieces around him” strategy.

I could see a scenario where the next regime drafts a QB but keeps Mac one more year as a bridge.

If Bill does go, either in-season or after the season, the next coach and front office are definitely sitting pretty as far as building a team. High draft pick plus copious cap space. They can start over at QB and attempt the patented “get a good QB on a rookie contract and then use all the saved cap on expensive pieces around him” strategy.

I could see a scenario where the next regime drafts a QB but keeps Mac one more year as a bridge.
I think you let the GM and HC collectively decide if Mac is salvageable and if they say he is you don’t hire them.

To me Bill is the type of guy who would absolutely love to stick it to Kraft if he got fired and rush to a team like the Chargers and win there to make Kraft look like he made a mistake.
It’s his best chance for the record and to show he can win with any legitimate qb. However, he’s 71, that would mean moving across the country. Not sure if he’d really want to do that. Oh, an just wait until he shows up on someones doorstep with Josh McDaniels. He is the punch line of every joke in every corner of the country right now. I don’t think it will sit well with fans.

Personally, I do think Josh and.BB work good together. They really haven’t had too much failure as a tandem that we’ve seen.

BB and Josh to the Bills would be powerful I think

BB and Josh to the Bills would be powerful I think
I'm not sure tbh, I feel like the ceiling wouldn't be much better. At best they'd defend better in the playoffs, but I don't think it'd be enough to win it all.

Especially since they'd have to rebuild part of the roster as well. Some guys like Von are old, their safeties are getting up their in age, etc.

I think you let the GM and HC collectively decide if Mac is salvageable and if they say he is you don’t hire them.
If they build up a good surrounding cast for the rookie then Mac can probably play decently with that same cast. It would allow the rookie time to develop and learn without the pressure. I could see it causing locker room issues too though… Might be culturally easier to just start over at QB even if it’s a little more expensive.

If they build up a good surrounding cast for the rookie then Mac can probably play decently with that same cast. It would allow the rookie time to develop and learn without the pressure. I could see it causing locker room issues too though… Might be culturally easier to just start over at QB even if it’s a little more expensive.
I think that’s the more likely scenario.
If an offensive coach if hired as HC they typically want guys in their system.

So much for the claim Bill would leave this team in better shape than when he got here. 1999 team was light years ahead of this team in terms of talent. Cupboard is bare Billy boy.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back