PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Klis of the Denver Post is really enjoying his legalized pot in Colorado

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
From his Twitter account:

There is no one close to Chris Harris at CB. He's no 1. Revis or Sherman for no 2

https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/550156974898552832

Chris Harris is a great CB, but he rarely draws the other team's best receiver. The Broncos usually match up Talib on the best receiver. So right there takes him out of the running for the best CB. Both Revis and Sherman frequently get the other team's best receiver (Revis more than Sherman since the Seahawks play mostly zone and Sherman takes the left side of the field rather than following a receiver). If those guys consistently covered the other team's #2 or #3 option, they would have been even better than they were during the season.

You can't be the best CB in the league and have the guy opposite you usually draw the other team's best receiver. You just can't.

The ironic thing is when Broncos fans talked about Talib being an upgrade to DRC they pointed to that DRC consistently drew the #2 receiver for the Broncos to diminish his accomplishments.

If you looked up sports writer + broncos homer, Mike Klis would be the first 10 results.

Last edited:
There is no one close to Chris Harris at CB. He's no 1. Revis or Sherman for no 2

niccage.gif

After the Broncos game here I really didn't get the hype about him. Good corner? Yes. Best CB? Hell no. Edelman and LaFell were 6 for 7 against him and that one miss was the deep ball to LaFell which LaFell got past Harris and it was overthrown by like 6 inches.

After the Broncos game here I really didn't get the hype about him. Good corner? Yes. Best CB? Hell no. Edelman and LaFell were 6 for 7 against him and that one miss was the deep ball to LaFell which LaFell got past Harris and it was overthrown by like 6 inches.

I think he's the most overrated corner in the NFL. He's good, but people (fans and sports writers alike) make him out to be a shutdown corner which he most certainly is not.

While a little bit of realism certainty can't hurt, it's better than having writers that intentionally try to put the team down. I'd gladly trade writers, give them Borges, ...

That video was sweet to watch....

Harris got his ankles broken on that one....GO EDELMAN!!!!!

Can't wait for Harris to get abused against us as he always does. If Denver even makes it that far that is.

Didn't he get the pants scorched off him on some play in their last game? I can't remember the details, but I remember watching them recently and having him be completely embarrassed on some play.

Yeah, very good player but nowhere near the top of the list when considering the best Cornerbacks in the game.

Harris is really good, and doesn't get nearly enough credit nationally, but he's abslutely not #1. 1 is Sherman or Revis, and everyone else is on a different tier below them. That's the tier that Harris is on.

We need that progressive thinking to spread east:mad:

As for the topic, that's an absurd assertion from someone that follows football. He wouldn't even be in my top 5..

Not going to lie just reading 3 sentences in i just laughed some of the beer out of my mouth....thread of the year...2014

This is such a patently idiotic statement ... and for such a blindingly obvious reason ... that I'm not even going to bother getting worked up. I'll leave the snark to my fellow PatsFans.

If you looked up sports writer + broncos homer, Mike Klis would be the first 10 results.

What a unique concept. A hometown writer that doesn't thrive by bashing the homies.

I'm hoping that Harris is given the opportunity to prove his worthiness, vs Antonio Brown
in the Divisional round.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back