PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Brewster Center No. 50 Ohio State

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Brewster's defense, that Michigan St has arguably the best defense and defensive line in the country. The DT he was going against (Jerel Worthy) is a high 1st rounder. William Gholston is pretty darn good, too.

Konz and Brew both played well. I'll do a video on both. I wasn't paying too much attention to the line. The game was freaking me out lol.

OSU D did shut down Wisc's running game. OSU O ran for 250ish yards.

And I'm in love w. Braxton Miller.

Konz and Brew both played well. I'll do a video on both. I wasn't paying too much attention to the line. The game was freaking me out lol.

OSU D did shut down Wisc's running game. OSU O ran for 250ish yards.

And I'm in love w. Braxton Miller.

Heard it was a great game. I was in Knoxville doing SC and Tenn. so I did not get to see it. Saw the highlights however.

Wisconsin looks like a team in serious need of confidence.

His Worst game ever.

Mike Brewster No. 50 center vs Michigan State 2011 - YouTube

Also, I wanted to beat up the offensive coordinator for Ohio St.

I feel ya, MSU's new offensive coordinator is a flipping idiot. Anyone who watched the Nebraska game saw that. Or Notre Dame. Even they damn sideline reporter asked them during halftime why they stopped running up the middle, NU's weakest part of the defense. We actually had a thread on tRCMB with some dude protesting that we should fire Rouchar and replace him with Boellman (if that makes you feel any better). Our defense has kept us in every game this year, I actually feel bad for them. Usually the offense throws a pick or fumbles inside the 20 and the opposing team gets some easy points.

Last edited:
I feel ya, MSU's new offensive coordinator is a flipping idiot. Anyone who watched the Nebraska game saw that. Or Notre Dame. Even they damn sideline reporter asked them during halftime why they stopped running up the middle, NU's weakest part of the defense. We actually had a thread on tRCMB with some dude protesting that we should fire Rouchar and replace him with Boellman (if that makes you feel any better). Our defense has kept us in every game this year, I actually feel bad for them. Usually the offense throws a pick or fumbles inside the 20 and the opposing team gets some easy points.

I'll gladly trade for your offensive Coord over mine. Good Grief. I swear, all he did under Tressel was make copies, get coffee and staple stuff.

I thought MSU would beat Neb. Saw the first half and parts of the 2nd half. :eek:

I'll gladly trade for your offensive Coord over mine. Good Grief. I swear, all he did under Tressel was make copies, get coffee and staple stuff.

I thought MSU would beat Neb. Saw the first half and parts of the 2nd half. :eek:

Since we're playing offensive co-ordinator poker. I'll see both of yours. And, raise you ours. Jay Paterno and Galen Hall. What a bleepin joke. PSU's defense is playing their hearts out this year. 8-1. With a Div 2 qb in McGloin and a kid Rob Bolden who has regressed in the last year thanks to our wonderful coaching. Worse qb play I've seen this year. The Bolden kid is struggling so bad. They bring him in for 4 straight series in a 0-0 game! After a turnover on the Illini side of the field. No first downs later and it's still 0-0 at the half. I really feel bad for our kids they are being coached by the stubborn old man who won't retire.

Since we're playing offensive co-ordinator poker. I'll see both of yours. And, raise you ours. Jay Paterno and Galen Hall. What a bleepin joke. PSU's defense is playing their hearts out this year. 8-1. With a Div 2 qb in McGloin and a kid Rob Bolden who has regressed in the last year thanks to our wonderful coaching. Worse qb play I've seen this year. The Bolden kid is struggling so bad. They bring him in for 4 straight series in a 0-0 game! After a turnover on the Illini side of the field. No first downs later and it's still 0-0 at the half. I really feel bad for our kids they are being coached by the stubborn old man who won't retire.

Yeah. I saw the ILL PSU game....wow....It was like watching Cleveland and the Bills from couple of years ago. Horrid game.

PSU game will be interesting from a footwork angle. PSU has 2 good dt's. Devon Still and Jordan Hill. But, usually dont line one up on the nose. They use that wide 9 look on passing downs. DT's on outside shoulder of guards and de's way outside the tackles. Probably not going to use that front if Herron is playing on early downs. But, will on passing downs. Brewster definitely looks big and strong enough. Will have to move his feet to get at those PSU lbs I think.

Terrible game by Brewster. 3 bad snaps. I think he got off of his game worrying about trying to block Still and Hill. He looks awfully tall. Built more like a tackle than a C. I don't think he's our guy. If we pick him with 2b or in the 3RD no biggie. But, I don't think we should even sniff him with our first 3 picks.

Is he still considered a first rounder?

Last edited:

No, indeed, sir.

Walter had him going at #48, a few days ago.

CBS had'm going at #104, which is pretty dramatic, I'd say.

Personally, I think Walter's got'is Market Value about right: I'd put'm at about #60 or so.

he dose not look like first round talent to me he's geting way to much help from the G's and when he does not he's geting pushed back to much NFL nose tackles will eat him up

Terrible game by Brewster. 3 bad snaps. I think he got off of his game worrying about trying to block Still and Hill. He looks awfully tall. Built more like a tackle than a C. I don't think he's our guy. If we pick him with 2b or in the 3RD no biggie. But, I don't think we should even sniff him with our first 3 picks.

Yeah. His issue is w. snaps a la Pouncey. It's not with his strength or blocking. I have no idea what's wrong with him this season. He never had a bad snap in his first 3 years starting. He never had a bad snap with the idiot QB Pryor or even epic fail Basuerman.
Not sure if it's even coaching. The offensive coord is the O line coach.

No. I hope he remains in the 2nd round area. We need a de/olb or FS with one of our firsts. And I'm 80% sure we won't be using our 2nd 1st rounder.

No, indeed, sir.

Walter had him going at #48, a few days ago.

CBS had'm going at #104, which is pretty dramatic, I'd say.

Personally, I think Walter's got'is Market Value about right: I'd put'm at about #60 or so.

2nd round would be ideal. We have 2 2nd rounders and if we trade one of the 1sts, we'll get another 2nd rounder in 2012.

he dose not look like first round talent to me he's geting way to much help from the G's and when he does not he's geting pushed back to much NFL nose tackles will eat him up

LOLWUT? His guards and RT have been God Awful. One guard is a true freshman and the other guard is a true sophomore. The RT has always provided the line with a weekly false start in crucial false start in crunch time. Been doing that for the past 4 years. And if you look at the videos, you see him always helping out his guards right after he snaps it instead of scanning the field and then helping one of the Guards.

Still is starting grow on me as a 3-4 de. When psu lines him up wide, i see shades of ty warren as a second year player for us.

Still is starting grow on me as a 3-4 de. When psu lines him up wide, i see shades of ty warren as a second year player for us.

Going to post a video of him. It's more of a joined Still and Brewster video (OSU vs PSU). I hope Grid or you can make a thread and posts some videos of him (I think there is one vs Bama and UF). I have the Neb vs PSU game on my hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST