PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Midseason Thoughts on Chad Ryland So Far

Believe me when I say IBWT guys aren't shutting anything down.

Confusion Reaction GIF

There are no IBWT guys anymore.

Believe me when I say IBWT guys aren't shutting anything down.

I am a BB supporter.

And no one can stem the flow of vitriol that has been leveled at him this year. It is literally everywhere.

Enjoy the rest of your day, PFFOS
As I've mentioned.. BB himself may want to move on.. he may want to walk away.. I doubt he goes to another organization. I have to think most ppl are BB supporters.. he's still the GOAT HC no matter how miserable this season has gone. However just as much as he deservedly gets the accolades for his Illustrious career, he also get the criticism that goes with it. Part of me wants to see if he can fix this mess.. however he may not want too..?

Chad Ryland is the biggest issue on the team behind

QB
OL
CB
WR
S
entire special teams

After all those things get sorted out we can address him

Perhaps one or two of the above positions might've been helped in being sorted-out with picks #120 & 184 this year... Or with #159 from the 2020 draft... or 163 from 2019...

i do not believe this for a second.
Af 71.. what does he have left to prove.. what he and Brady created is something never to be replicated in any sport. Everything has an end date.

BB himself said it in the Football Life special back in 2010. He's pretty much at the point he may indeed walk. Or perhaps, he may enjoy the challenge. That said, stay on as a coach or not, the GM position should be showing up on Indeed any day now.

BB himself said it in the Football Life special back in 2010. He's pretty much at the point he may indeed walk. Or perhaps, he may enjoy the challenge. That said, stay on as a coach or not, the GM position should be showing up on Indeed any day now.
2009.. during the Saints game.. we were getting blown out.. i can't get this team to play the way i need them too... he said he doesn't want to be like Marv levy coaching into his 70s.. not much has been made of that factor.. what IF BB himself wants to walk away.. he could pull a Sean Payton and step away. He's been in this thing since he was 24.. his life has been football.. he's got nothing left to prove.. without the QB winning isn't possible in the NFL.

2009.. during the Saints game.. we were getting blown out.. i can't get this team to play the way i need them too... he said he doesn't want to be like Marv levy coaching into his 70s.. not much has been made of that factor.. what IF BB himself wants to walk away.. he could pull a Sean Payton and step away. He's been in this thing since he was 24.. his life has been football.. he's got nothing left to prove.. without the QB winning isn't possible in the NFL.

Yep, that Marv Levy comment is what I'm thinking of.

And he knows that a decent QB is vital as well as anyone. Part of me thinks he knew Mac Jones was a mid-tier QB at best during his rookie season and invested heavily on defense as a result. An average QB with this defense is a playoff contender. Alas, it didn't work out that way.

Mac isn't fire-and-forget like TFB was, or even many other QBs.

And he knows that a decent QB is vital as well as anyone. Part of me thinks he knew Mac Jones was a mid-tier QB at best during his rookie season and invested heavily on defense as a result. An average QB with this defense is a playoff contender. Alas, it didn't work out that way.

I won’t be like Marv Levy.

Exactly.. look at how wide open the AFC is now.. so many teams with close records. Another frustrating reason had we had adequate play at the QB position we'd be in the conversation.

Chad Ryland is the biggest issue on the team behind

QB
OL
CB
WR
S
entire special teams

After all those things get sorted out we can address him

too early to draw conclusions

hes a rookie, so theres going to be good and bad that comes with that

at least 3 of his misses earlier in the year can be directly credited to the awful snap/hold operation, so i dont think its quite as bad as it looks from a stat perspective because the misses apply directly to the kicker even if the snapper and holder F it all up

too early to draw conclusions

hes a rookie, so theres going to be good and bad that comes with that

at least 3 of his misses earlier in the year can be directly credited to the awful snap/hold operation, so i dont think its quite as bad as it looks from a stat perspective because the misses apply directly to the kicker even if the snapper and holder F it all up
We were spoiled with years of success at kicker from Vinatieri then Gostowski... during that time making a FG was the least of our concerns.. I'd say we are ok at S.. just need to draft a natural FS.. we have some alphas at SS in peppers and Dugger. CB outside of Gonzo is a concern even with Marcus returning next season. Just my 2 cents..

Chad Ryland is kicking 70% FG this year. His whole season has been a struggle session.

In comparison Nick Folk made 86% of his kicks for the Patriots last season.

And for reference in 2023, Folk has been on fire making 21 of 22 kicks for the Titans for a 95% FG accuracy and made all of his PATs as a bonus.

This decision by BB looks almost as bad as replacing Jakobi Meyers with JSS.

What a WASTE of a pick! We could have bundled that 4th rounder with something else to move up for an OT to help the offense.

Instead BB replaces a kicker that didn't need replacing with someone even WORSE!

Nick Folk stats: Nick Folk Stats, Height, Weight, Position, Draft, College | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Ryland stats: Chad Ryland Stats, Height, Weight, Position, Draft, College | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back