PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Player Departure Meyers to LV Raiders

Only makes sense if we think we can upgrade the slot receiver position. If we get less production from the slot in 2023 this is a horrible move.

OTH maybe Jakobi was just done with NE.
Probably holds a grudge from when he was benched for the 1st 5 games of 2020 while BB played Harry instead :ninja:

I didn't even really read the initial contract and figured it was high, but instead, the totals tell me he didn't want to come back.
Agree 100%

I still say no chance they sign a number one.

More likely to see guys like Chris Moore or Breshard Perriman

Agholor was coming off a more productive season than Meyers has ever had.
I'm not sure what stats you're seeing but Meyers has better productivity than Agholor does. 890 yards to 860 isn't a massive difference in terms of their prior years either.

I am not that upset that the Pats didn't re-sign him. I don't think he was the best fit for the Bill O'Brien system. He isn't a quick slant, YAC guy. He was miserable running rub routes for McDaniels. He is a good possession receiver, but I would rather replace him with someone who can play the Welker/Edelman/Amedola role which wasn't Meyers' skill set.

I have been saying this for weeks. I was never high on re-signing him.

I get why McDaniels would want him because Hunter Renfrow fills the Welker/Edelman/Amedola role. He doesn't need that type of receiver.

If the Pats trade for Jerry Jeudy, all will be good. They could still potentially trade for Jeudy and Hopkins.

Nonathletic and nonexplosive bum who will be easily replaced.

Know your worth, know your role, and shut your mouth, you jabroni.

I am not that upset that the Pats didn't re-sign him. I don't think he was the best fit for the Bill O'Brien system. He isn't a quick slant, YAC guy. He was miserable running rub routes for McDaniels. He is a good possession receiver, but I would rather replace him with someone who can play the Welker/Edelman/Amedola role which wasn't Meyers' skill set.

I have been saying this for weeks. I was never high on re-signing him.

I get why McDaniels would want him because Hunter Renfrow fills the Welker/Edelman/Amedola role. He doesn't need that type of receiver.

If the Pats trade for Jerry Jeudy, all will be good. They could still potentially trade for Jeudy and Hopkins.
Trading for one or both of them is the only way at this point to get an impact receiver.

I’m reading his quote to say it didn’t work out because the pats weren’t willing to Match and therefore didn’t “want him” like Vegas. I’m sure he would have come back for that money. He and Mac are very close.

Trading for one or both of them is the only way at this point to get an impact receiver.

It was the only way to get an impact WR other than drafting one before free agency started. There were no impact WRs in this year's free agency. That includes Meyers.

I didn't even really read the initial contract and figured it was high, but instead, the totals tell me he didn't want to come back.
Wouldn’t that say a lot more about Meyers’ market than Meyers’ preferred home? If he had a better offer he would’ve taken it. It’s telling 10m annually is the best he could get. Maybe he picked Vegas over the Pats all else being equal, but the contract the player signed says a lot more about the player’s market than their preferred landing spot.

That's a steal for raiders. Looks like jakobi did not want to come here . He mentioned coaching... Ouchhh...

Kraft should be livid ! When your homegrown talent does not want to stay , good luck convincing others to come to NE over others . The only way we get FA WR is by overpaying. Now I think , we should just draft WR at 14 .

No good FA worth his salt is going to come here unless it's a kings ransom . Sign cornerbacks and safeties and linebacker in agree agency now and use draft capital on offense . If JSN is available at 11, just trade up and get him .

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back