PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Meet Tom Brady's right hand man. Ben Rawitz

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDot

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Brady_Rawitz-4373.png

As the confetti rained down following the dramatic conclusion to Super Bowl XLIX, Tom Brady embraced Patriots coach Bill Belichick, franchise owner Bob Kraft, teammate Julian Edelman, celebrity supporter Mark Wahlberg and, of course, his supermodel wife, Gisele Bündchen.

Amid those faces familiar to the 114 million watching the game on TV was Ben Rawitz. Wearing a plaid button-down shirt and jeans, he looked like any other fan lucky enough to score a Super Bowl ticket. The only hint at a connection to New England’s superhero quarterback was a navy blue TB12 baseball hat.

LINK

Really long read, but well worth it.

That's a magnificent and highly perceptive article. Thank you for posting the link.

I've known several folks who have successfully followed Mr. Rawitz' path and many more who have tried and failed. Those who have succeeded have all had the following in common with Mr. Rawitz:

Trustworthiness
An ability to sublimate their ego to the needs and, at times, whims of another individual
Trustworthiness
A willingness to do almost anything for the principal
Trustworthiness
An understanding of the fragility of the relationship
Trustworthiness
An ability to "be real" with the principal, joking and offering advice, while knowing the exact location of "the line that cannot be crossed" and never, ever crossing it.
Trustworthiness
An understanding that it is always all about the principal and not about you
Trustworthiness
An understanding that one day you will be moving on since you can't spend your life in your current role
Trustworthiness
A patient understanding that one day you will be richly rewarded career-wise if you remember everything above.
Did I mention "Trustworthiness?"

That's a magnificent and highly perceptive article. Thank you for posting the link.

I've known several folks who have successfully followed Mr. Rawitz' path and many more who have tried and failed. Those who have succeeded have all had the following in common with Mr. Rawitz:

Trustworthiness
An ability to sublimate their ego to the needs and, at times, whims of another individual
Trustworthiness
A willingness to do almost anything for the principal
Trustworthiness
An understanding of the fragility of the relationship
Trustworthiness
An ability to "be real" with the principal, joking and offering advice, while knowing the exact location of "the line that cannot be crossed" and never, ever crossing it.
Trustworthiness
An understanding that it is always all about the principal and not about you
Trustworthiness
An understanding that one day you will be moving on since you can't spend your life in your current role
Trustworthiness
A patient understanding that one day you will be richly rewarded career-wise if you remember everything above.
Did I mention "Trustworthiness?"

But he stole a limo tho.. LMAO

In all seriousness tho. The grind is what I really got out of that read. I am pretty older now, but very close to dudes age. And just reading about the grind really made me enjoy the article.

Great read. Thanks for posting

“My goal during the football season is to have close to zero distractions for Tom,” Rawitz said. “So I try to keep the ‘gate’ as closed as possible. Tom’s main focus is obviously on the football field, so any deal that will distract him from that I have to say no to. It’s always football first.”

Key point for those considering Brady's next moves in PSIgate. Even if there are any dramatic moves (and we shouldn't debate the likelihood of those in this thread), they surely won't happen until February at the earliest.

His 24-year-old half-brother, Jeff Fine, is now handling the assistant responsibilities once shouldered by Rawitz, notably upping Brady’s game on social media. It was Rawitz and Fine who found Brady’s resume while unpacking boxes after the move to Brookline, and urged Brady to post it to Facebook.

Fits everything we know. Brady may and probably does do his own Facebook postings, but their contents may be created by other folks. (The latter is obvious from things like the cheetah/Chariots of Fire video.)

Fits everything we know. Brady may and probably does do his own Facebook postings, but their contents may be created by other folks. (The latter is obvious from things like the cheetah/Chariots of Fire video.)

Meh, only thing surprising from that section is that Ben's little brother is leading the Brady Facebook charge. Most thought Ben was running it.

And it is looking like Ben, like Will(Wills story is even more crazy then Ben's) is moving on. And from that section Bens little brother might be taking over.

With Rawitz on board, McDonough was able to able to begin the transition to a new role, less as Brady’s right-hand man and more as his business partner. In 2008, McDonough headed to New York, where he helped launch a hedge fund in which Brady was an investor.

Just some back ground on Will, who is linked in the story above.

This is a old profile on Will Mcdonough who was Tom's first right hand man. And who Ben took over for

http://www.bostonmagazine.com/2008/08/he-s-with-tom/

And this is a bit of a old update on what Will is up to

http://www.ozy.com/rising-stars/the-silent-partner-will-mcdonough/6078

Read both the links + the OP link, it is pretty crazy.

Last edited:
Meh, only thing surprising from that section is that Ben's little brother is leading the Brady Facebook charge. Most thought Ben was running it.

And it is looking like Ben, like Will(Wills story is even more crazy then Ben's) is moving on. And from that section Bens little brother might be taking over.

I agree. But when I've said it in the past, there's been some disagreement.

This was a good article, but I realized this a job I could never do. As much I love Tom, what makes his family life more important than mine? I could not live my life to kiss someone else's ass on a daily basis. Good on Ben. I hope he's successful.

This was a good article, but I realized this a job I could never do. As much I love Tom, what makes his family life more important than mine? I could not live my life to kiss someone else's ass on a daily basis. Good on Ben. I hope he's successful.

Ya, I could never do that either. But then again, I have a tough a time doing that stuff for my self.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back