PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mayo brings the warmth and love as Pats HC.

It’ll work as long as Mayo can keep bringing in the right guys. As soon as he slips up and gets a few divas, he’s screwed. Those clowns will walk all over a players coach. On the flip side though, we all keep hearing the bubbly, lovey dovey side of Mayo. No one has yet reported what he’s like when he nuts up on someone. Has he done that during his tenure as a coach? Any reporter out there who can get a story of Mayo chewing someones ass out? You can be a great guy but also not put up with peoples ****. Its called being fair. If he’s that guy, we’re good. If he’s not, oh boy.

Disciplined tough teams have usually been able to weather hardship and troubled waters. They hang in there like KC this past season and the Pats numerous seasons.

Soft teams haven't faired that well. They crumble and finger point. Avoid accountability. The 2023 Ravens completely melted down like wax Clowns in the post season. Pregame, over on the KC sideline running that mouth and provoking a fight that they axxes could not cash. Weak and whiny HC Harbaugh. He did it to himself allowing the Clowns to run amok.

It is good news for sure. Is there really anything wrong in 2024 with a coach who has a good heart?
He can still make “decisions that are best for the team” but not be a **** about it
The days of the Lombardi ******** died with free agents?

Last edited:
He gonna make them sprint up the hill like BB had the team do after every practice so the Patriots out condition the other teams?

Rod Rust was a buddy to the players. And that certainly didn’t work out.

making-it-rain.gif

He gonna make them sprint up the hill like BB had the team do after every practice
Nah...
Stair sprints up the giant shmenza.

Great if it gets us back to winning, I’m all for it!

One of the guys.

FAs are already feeling it.

This topic has already been discussed in another thread, where your OP link was pasted. Aside from that, you glossed over this part:

McCourty compared this style to how Andy Reid is like in Kansas City.

"They call him 'Big Red.' They laugh with him and talk about eating cheeseburgers and all those things," McCourty said. "I called their game in Germany and they were going through some things, and I remember talking to Travis Kelce and he was like, 'Big Red had to get after us in the team meeting room, and he let us know exactly where we stood as a football team.'

"I think that's who Mayo probably was as a player. It's no different from when you're leading a huddle and you have to tell a guy about himself, but you're also enjoying moments with those guys in the locker room. I think you can do both, but you have to set a standard and an expectation for what it's going to be, and you live up to that every single day."

If Mayo can have the same results as Big Red, I welcome his style.

As long as Mayo brings has talent and can bring the x's and o's, he'll be fine. If the FO doesn't bring in talent, he'll be gone in 2-3 years.

Carroll's style of coaching was not the reason the team declined. The declined because of Grier's bad drafting, personnel moves and major injuries to Bledsoe, Glenn, Martin, McGinest and lastly Edwards in 1997 and 1998. Carroll was Bob's scapegoat.

Last edited:
I have not heard good news like this since someone reported two years ago that Tyquon Thornton was turning heads in the film room

He’s bulking up big time. Saw him in the gym this morning with the fellas

1711320751383.gif

This topic has already been discussed in another thread, where your OP link was pasted. Aside from that, you glossed over this part:

"They call him 'Big Red.' They laugh with him and talk about eating cheeseburgers and all those things," McCourty said. "I called their game in Germany and they were going through some things, and I remember talking to Travis Kelce and he was like, 'Big Red had to get after us in the team meeting room, and he let us know exactly where we stood as a football team.'

"I think that's who Mayo probably was as a player. It's no different from when you're leading a huddle and you have to tell a guy about himself, but you're also enjoying moments with those guys in the locker room. I think you can do both, but you have to set a standard and an expectation for what it's going to be, and you live up to that every single day."

Thank you for pointing out that Mayo is just like Andy Big Red Reid.

I look forward to the Pats Dynasty 2.0.

It’ll work as long as Mayo can keep bringing in the right guys. As soon as he slips up and gets a few divas, he’s screwed. Those clowns will walk all over a players coach. On the flip side though, we all keep hearing the bubbly, lovey dovey side of Mayo. No one has yet reported what he’s like when he nuts up on someone. Has he done that during his tenure as a coach? Any reporter out there who can get a story of Mayo chewing someones ass out? You can be a great guy but also not put up with peoples ****. Its called being fair. If he’s that guy, we’re good. If he’s not, oh boy.
I’m hoping Mayo doesn’t nut up on anyone…he’d be stealing Krafts thunder.

You missed the part that Big Andy is 66 years old.

How can a guy that old relate to the NFL players of today?

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back